It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus in the Qu'ran?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
"Relate in the Book (the story of) Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place in the East. She placed a screen (to screen herself) from them. Then We sent her our angel, and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. She said, 'I seek refuge from you to God Most Gracious! Do not come near me, if you fear God!' He said, 'No, I am only a messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a holy son.' She said, 'How shall I have a son, seeing that no man has touched me, and I am not unchaste?' He said, 'So (it will be). Your Lord says, 'That is easy for Me, and (We wish) to appoint him as a Sign unto men, and a Mercy from Us. It is a matter (so) decreed'" (19:16-21, the Chapter of Mary)

"And (remember) she who guarded her chastity. We breathed into her of Our spirit, and We made her and her son a sign for all peoples (21:91)

"Behold! the angels said, 'Oh Mary! God gives you glad tidings of a Word from Him. His name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter, and in (the company of) those nearest to God. He shall speak to the people in childhood and in maturity. He shall be (in the company) of the righteous... And God will teach him the Book and Wisdom, the Law and the Gospel'" (3:45-48).

"When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: 'Now I have come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which you dispute. Therefore, fear God and obey me. God, He is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him -- this is a Straight Way.' But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement. So woe to the wrongdoers, from the penalty of a Grievous Day!" (43:63-65)

I put a "?", but it is a fact, the above are straight from the qu'ran.

You see, while some Christian's try to bash Islam, and some Musilims try to bash Christianity, both religions preach faith in a monotheistic God, which is really the only tenant that matters.

Both also teach charity and that sort of thing.

Both also have contradictions, and verses that can not be taken literally in modern times.

We know the Bible has been translated many times, as well as changed by Vatican councils, so it can not be taken literally.

We know the original Qu'ran was written in a primitive form of Arabic, which can not be directly translated to the modern form without distortions. So we also can not take it literally.

The main difference is Islam and Christianity is that Islam says Jesus was a man like you and I, but a endowed by his creator with God's power's to do miracles. Similar to the Jewish interpretation, except for some reason, Muslims seams to be trashed more by many Christians than Jews are, maybe because they are... brown?

Another really funny and ironic thing is, some Christians bash Islam for being sexist for teach women to wear head converings. Let's see what the Bible says on this issue:

"1 Corinthians 11:5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head - it is just as though her head were shaved."
1 Timothy 2:9 "I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or expensive clothes"

Some Christian's bash Islam for separating men from women in mosque's...
Let's see what the Bible says about this:

"1 Corinthians 14:34-35 (Response) As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says."

Some Christian's bash Islam for having versus about women having to submit to men, let's see what the Bible says:

"Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything"

GUESS WHAT? CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM IS PRETTY DAMN SIMILAR. NO NEED TO FIGHT.

Not only that, but as Muslim countries develop, socially and otherwise, they too will modernize. Realize, that a LARGE portion of Muslims live in third world countries, places like that are literally like going back in time when you visit them because they have not yet modernized at all, or are just now beginning the process. Christian's are no better than Muslims, and the Bible has it's own flaws, like the Qu'ran. BUT, with time, Muslim culture will too modernize, as did Christian culture, and in many countries like Morocco and the US, Muslims already have modernized for the most part already.
edit on 7-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

jesus equals love . mohammed equals love . so does buddha , harekrishna jaaaah or whatever you wanna call it, its just a three-dimensional opinion manipulated through adept deceivers over hundres or thousands of years .

i wish people could just forget names and cultures for a minute and just listen to what their heart tells them .
all the answers anyone could ever seek lie within each and everyone of us . this is what "they" don't want us to be aware of in my opinion . peaceeee

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoB420
reply to post by CREAM

jesus equals love . mohammed equals love . so does buddha , harekrishna jaaaah or whatever you wanna call it, its just a three-dimensional opinion manipulated through adept deceivers over hundres or thousands of years .

i wish people could just forget names and cultures for a minute and just listen to what their heart tells them .
all the answers anyone could ever seek lie within each and everyone of us . this is what "they" don't want us to be aware of in my opinion . peaceeee

Thank you! Sometimes I feel alone when I try to say that. People need to realize, we are all the same, we just see through different cultural lenses, look different, speak different languages, etc.

But deep down, we are all just PEOPLE, practically genetically identical.

Separation and labeling each other is the issue. The answers are all really within...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

the problem with 'modernizing' mainstream religion is that man gets in the way and installs his own interpretation.
satan,or shaitan is the lord of this world,all 3 holy books admit this. this is because of man and his ignorance.
the real god is inside of YOU,and how you treat your fellow human.
stop preaching your version of god.jew,muslim,christian,hindu etc....
i think buddasts got it right. they don't care about your god,they look for their own within,while respecting your god.
i'm pagan,and all i have to do is go outside and hug a tree to feel my 'gods'
how 'bout you choose love as your god and stop trying to explain why people should see GOD the way you want them to.
there is a reason the bible says only 144000 will get to heavan(ta i know,12000 from each of the 12 tribes of Isreal)

its because the rest of the populace will follow the 'lord of this world'with your cars & big screen tv's
i study,and have a high respect for the religions of the world,its the humans that screw it up!

praise Allah,praise Jesus,praise Krishna,praise cernunnos and the triple goddess.praise astarte(easter!)praise Amen Ra,praise the great architech of the universe!! praise yourself for you are a living GOD.
learn and then teach
peace on earth,and love one another
just a thought

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And lets not forget Love backwards is EVOL.

Robin hood is a good story to. just sayin

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
the real god is inside of YOU,and how you treat your fellow human.

I agree with that completely, but I also think organized religion is like training wheels for people. I also think first step for all people to move forward is recognize similarities in each other, first step of that is recognizing that all of these religions are saying the same thing and fighting amongst each other must stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

You are not alone. There are lots of us who would like to see beyond any veil, the beauty of differences, the truth from wisdom view. All religions teach that we wont be responsible if other didnt share the same belief. Man can be so bad. But their quality can be so amazing.

Knowing and understanding is the first key for global peace. Later the real peace will come true. For now, you, me and the rest of people who have concern about humanity just need to keep spread the peace words, knowledge and understanding even to only one person.
Give a chance for the next generation to think clearly, to know more base on love and fairness. And hope they wont make a mistake like generations before.

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

i think religion has been turned into a tool to keep humans from learning the big picture.
quantum physics dictates that we are all just waves of energy,and we don't really exist the way we think we do.
us humans are all made up of all the same stuff,including the stars and planets and everything else.we are all one.
in celtic belief,as well as native american,this is refered to the great web,where everything is connected.
the only reason you exist is because you think you exist!(i think,therefore i am!)
this is the great paradox of mankind!
the only time an atom exists is when you observe it! this is a truth.
God must be a real joker!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It is refreshing to find others that feel as I do.

Too many times we humans do not believe there is only one God but could indeed be the God of all religions.

For me, as a Christain, I believe it is right for me to worship the Trinity as I do.

I have been pondering for so long that God has to be very powerful and bigger than what man can even comprhend Him to be.

God is the alpha and the omago. He was, He is and He will be

I must trancend thousands of past centuries and imagine what life was like then and speculate what God must have had to do to get His message across.

If I am wrong may God forgive me.

Peace.and Love

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

wow thats so obvious yet so hidden yet so deep ...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
And lets not forget Love backwards is EVOL.

Robin hood is a good story to. just sayin

LIVE = EVIL

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Over and over again!!!

Muslims using the Bible to compare and justify sexism, violence, and barbarism in Islam is like trying to convince me that crack-coc aine is ok by telling me the wrongs of crystal meth.

I say toss both Islam and Christianity in the rubbish bin of oppressive control mechanisms.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

GUESS WHAT? CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM IS PRETTY DAMN SIMILAR. NO NEED TO FIGHT.

[color=gold]
INDEED
It they BOTH are ABRAMIC FAITHS as is JUDAISIM the WAR is for the human conscious to be tricked and overwhelmed with FEAR and SHOCK to control and guide... Look deeper into it and then you see the ANNUNAKI who tought or influenced Abram LORD ENLIL AND WHO HIS BROTHER ALSO ANNUNAKI LORD ENKI tought or influenced. Nice read SnF
[/COLOR]
Abrahamic religions are the monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham[1] or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him.[2][3][4] They are one of the three major divisions in comparative religion, along with Indian religions (Dharmic) and East Asian religions (Taoic). As of the early twenty-first century, it was estimated that 54% of the world's population (3.8 billion people) considered themselves adherents of the Abrahamic religions, about 30% of other religions, and 16% of no religion.[5][6]

The three major Abrahamic religions are, in chronological order of founding, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Judaism regards itself as the religion of the descendants of Jacob,[n 1] a grandson of Abraham. It has a strictly unitary view of God, and the central holy book for almost all branches is the Hebrew Bible, as elucidated in the oral law.

Christianity began as a sect of Judaism[n 2] in the Mediterranean Basin[n 3] of the 1st century CE and evolved into a separate religion—the Christian Church—with distinctive beliefs and practices. Jesus is the central figure of Christianity, considered by almost all denominations to be divine, typically as one person of a Triune God.[n 4] The Christian Bible is typically held to be the ultimate authority, alongside Sacred Tradition in some denominations, such as Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy.

Islam arose in Arabia[n 5] in the 7th century CE with a strictly unitary view of God.[n 6] Muslims (adherents of Islam) typically hold the Qur'an to be the ultimate authority, as revealed and elucidated through the teachings and practices[n 7] of a central, but not divine, prophet, Muhammad. Less well-known Abrahamic religions, originally offshoots of Shi'a Islam, include the Bahá'í Faith[n 8] and Druze.[7]

edit on 12/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Over and over again!!!

Muslims using the Bible to compare and justify sexism, violence, and barbarism in Islam is like trying to convince me that crack-coc aine is ok by telling me the wrongs of crystal meth.

I say toss both Islam and Christianity in the rubbish bin of oppressive control mechanisms.

"Muslims using the Bible to compare and justify"

Im not a Muslim nor am I trying to justify anything.

I am just trying to say Christians and Muslims need to find peace because we are ALL just people and war and stuff is dumb, pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

My apologies for misunderstanding your intentions and views.

It is very true that mankind needs to get along.... not just amongst ourselves, but also with the plants, animals, and every iota's worth of reality. We need to transcend the separation induced by the 'Divide and Conquer' methodology. Religion, political party/ideology, nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, caste, social and financial status, and even sports fanaticism slices, dices, and divides all those who allow it through being unaware or ignorant.

Christianity has been corrupted by Paul, Luke, Constantine, the councils of Nicaea, and the councils of Carthage to name the most significant. Islam has always been a corruption, evident through its endorsement of slavery, sexism, murder, and religious superiority complex.

These religions need trashed to produce unity. Paulian-Christianity and Islam are counter to global human unity.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

reply to post by CREAM

My apologies for misunderstanding your intentions and views.

It is very true that mankind needs to get along.... not just amongst ourselves, but also with the plants, animals, and every iota's worth of reality. We need to transcend the separation induced by the 'Divide and Conquer' methodology. Religion, political party/ideology, nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, caste, social and financial status, and even sports fanaticism slices, dices, and divides all those who allow it through being unaware or ignorant.

Christianity has been corrupted by Paul, Luke, Constantine, the councils of Nicaea, and the councils of Carthage to name the most significant. Islam has always been a corruption, evident through its endorsement of slavery, sexism, murder, and religious superiority complex.

These religions need trashed to produce unity. Paulian-Christianity and Islam are counter to global human unity.

Maybe if you learn islam not only from salafist and other cults who share similar ideology when you were muslim, maybe like that you might learn something that make you wouldnt say these religions need to trashed to produce unity.

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maung

In the Qur'an Allah allows slavery, beating one's wife for disobedience, religious superiority by 'do not take the Christians and Jews as dear friends.' It doesn't matter what mathab or sect a Muslim follows, Allah commands slavery, sexism, violence, separation, and superiority.

Mankind is but one ummah?.... Allah is bull crap because He then says don't be dear friends with Christians and Jews. Allah in the Qur'an, and Muhammad through the ahadith prepared Muslims to hate Jews and to be ready to slay them no matter where they may be.... this was way before Imam Wahab, Sayyid Qutb, or Sheikh Usama bin Laden.

Islam is a control mechanism to spread fear, hate, and separation.

Peace unto you

edit on 12/8/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

reply to post by maung

In the Qur'an Allah allows slavery, beating one's wife for disobedience, religious superiority by 'do not take the Christians and Jews as dear friends.' It doesn't matter what mathab or sect a Muslim follows, Allah commands slavery, sexism, violence, separation, and superiority.

Mankind is but one ummah?.... Allah is bull crap because He then says don't be dear friends with Christians and Jews. Allah in the Qur'an, and Muhammad through the ahadith prepared Muslims to hate Jews and to be ready to slay them no matter where they may be.... this was way before Imam Wahab, Sayyid Qutb, or Sheikh Usama bin Laden.

Islam is a control mechanism to spread fear, hate, and separation.

Peace unto you

edit on 12/8/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

Seldom seen so much nonsense in one post. Kudos to you.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sHuRuLuNi

Are you Muslim? Why is my post nonsense? Can you even disprove my claims with daleel (evidence), or are you making personal attacks against me because you are offended?

Slavery, increased taxation for non-Muslims, spousal abuse, sexism, hatred against Jews, superiority above non-Muslims, war, violence... all of this is in the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Take some sparkling pearls of wisdom and mix it in with crap and you get Islam.

Unless you can show me where Islam abolishes slavery, sexism, violence, separation, or religious superiority my points are extremely valid.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Is this just a joke? Did you really do ANY research whatsoever on the Bible vs. the koran? Or Christianity vs. islam? Or Jesus vs. Muhammod? Or Jehovah vs. Allah?

Are the majority of people on this site willfully ignorant of religions in order to accept a mushy, loving, economical mass world religion that will kill them in the end? Its sad really.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join