It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby Taken From Occupy Miami Residents

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
For what its worth there were some conflicting statements made in the comments section.

THIS IS FALSE AND IRRESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM.

I am a part of Occupy Miami, these people were not activists, they are part of the large homeless population of downtown that existed before Occupy existed. The volunteer medical staff of Occupy tried to help them out with food and encouraged them to get proper medical care. Resident activists were actively persuading them NOT to have the baby at Occupy Miami's Camp site... there is no way that having a baby on the street in downtown Miami is anything Occupy Miami stands for.

We are protesting corporate abuses and corruption, the sick political climate of our government and the destruction of the middle class in times of gross profits at the top. We are against golden parachutes for the criminals who created a world-wide recession. We are for removal of Corporate person hood, reinstatement of the Glass-Steagall act, safeguarding due process as promised in our constitution. LEARN HOW TO DO REAL OBJECTIVE JOURNALISM, CHANNEL 10!

This story is not correct. I am disappointed in Channel 10 for not checking their facts. If Channel 10 had bothered to talk to someone from Occupy Miami's Medical Team they would have discovered the truth but then they would not have been able to run this sensational "story". She was encouraged to not have the baby in camp by many people including multiple members of the medical team. Shame on Channel 10 for sloppy journalism.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Thanks for that, I didn't check the comment section.

I figured it was something along those lines anyways, this just strengthens what I already thought.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think it's probably Psyop news. They need enough outrageous stuff to incite the masses to accede to policies that will get the New World Order into place. They need us to believe that they do not have the resources or lack of integrity to go as far as to make up the news that incites their agenda.

It's possible that it could be a true story too, but you cannot put it past TPTB that they are more than 20 steps ahead of us.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Having had 4 kids at home with no interventions or Dr's or drugs. I don't know one person personally who had a stress free drug free intervention free and in many cases c section free birth. I am not a hippy I just have a huge disdain for hospitals and their Daddy knows best philosophy. They are filthy and filled with toxic chemicals that are supposed to kill germs yet only have strengthened germs. I am an advocate for free birth. I do think they should have at least called a trained midwife...because sometimes a simple thing can go wrong and a knowledgeable person can save you a huge heart ache. On that note though we don't know if they were well prepared and educated on child birth. I had a midwife but I was also so overly prepared I could have handled many emergencies on my own.
But they could have been #ty parents. But having a baby in a tent is not a LEGAL reason to take a child away, especially in sunny Miami give me a break. I couldn't imagine better weather to have a baby in the great outdoors. Woman do it all the time. There is a movement called freebirthers and they have babies in the woods the ocean the river yada yada. None of them had there babies taken away. Just because your tent is your home doesn't make it any less of a home. Sad really.
On the subject of not having contact info. What a line of BS. They know where to locate them..In that same tent they found them. I hope if they were good loving parents that Karma KO's all the aholes involved. On the other hand if they were druggies or crappy parents then Karma saved the baby. In the end all things work out fair though. To bad we sometimes have to wait until the End to see it.
As far as being born in the camp, that baby would have had a huge circle of support. I mean it's a baby surrounded by a bunch of peace criers. That baby would have been King/Queen of the camp. More then I can say for CPS and their track record on raising and placing kids.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

But having a baby in a tent is not a LEGAL reason to take a child away, especially in sunny Miami give me a break.

You did not read the story

Shannon Welch was ultimately rushed by ambulance to Jackson Memorial Hospital, where she gave birth Nov. 15.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You are correct, the parents should be calling asap! And im not sticking up for the couple, but pointing out what happens everyday to parents.

Yes, im sure cps takes contact info, and many parents DO call. Over and over, but what can you do when your calls go unanswered/un returned? And cps makes very little attempt to inform parents that there will e a hearing in 3ish days. Because that hearing is possibly the most important. Its the hearing wherethe parent cam go in and be heard and force cps to provide adequet(sp?) Evidence and not outlandish claims. This is the hearing where cps gets "justified" for their actions.

some parents have so much anger/despair/suicidal ect, that someone was able to take their children, and they couldn't stop them, all while said kid is ripped from parents, screaming FOR their parents.
And they simply "give up"

these are all reasons why a parent wouldnt go to that first hearing.

They could just be shytty parents too though.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I know that not to long ago it was very common to give birth at home with a midwife, but Occupy Miami is not a place to give birth to a child, especially when there are hospitals nearby. These parents to be should have had their priorities in the right order, now they may lose their child.

Who are you, or anyone else for that matter, to decide how and where anyone can have their baby?

It's ok for a woman to whip her tit out in the middle of public to feed her kid but it is not ok to choose to have it at the camp?

For anyone else who was not smart enough to figure it out, it would seem most logical to me that if the court, the police, social services and her public defender admitted to not having their address then they most likely had no way to be told when and where the court date was and you do not know if they had even tried to call or not, you just assumed.

There is nothing worse in this world than a hypocrite.

They say opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, well I think I just met a few opinions on this thread.

edit on 7-12-2011 by EndGovtCorruption because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
why wont anyone read the article

This is almost as bad as the other 27 page thread about the "pregnant" protester that was beaten and miscarried that went on for another 10 pages even after it was discovered the was not pregnant or beaten.
edit on 7-12-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Homeless.
Did not come to participate in the Occupy Movement but moved into the camp at the request of others.
Risked the child's life due to demands from people who want to permanently live in a camp.
Did not show up at a hearing about custody.

I think the child is better off in this case. They clearly were not involved in the movement according to this and likely lived there because they had nowhere else to go and chose there instead of a good shelter. They put their wants ahead of their own child's welfare. The Occupiers put their own attention getting scheme ahead of the child's welfare.

How sad for the child. I'm guessing the parents were immature and had no business having a child they clearly had no way to support, nor a family to go to for help. There are no doubt good shelters there that would have taken them in.

Do you suppose they were actually there to party first and put the child second? Would not surprise me. To often new parents are still children themselves emotionally.

The Occupiers, if they are Occupiers and not just a bunch of party animals and homeless as is the case most places now, share responsibility for risking a newborns life for attention. I hope they understand that and that actions have consequences.

Living in a tent camp is NOT protest and nobody is being fooled here.
edit on 12/7/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think the key word in this whole article is.... "Residents' ??? !!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

no one from the camp showed up to claim the child either at least according to the article

That's correct and I can back it up with the response from an email I sent to the reporter.

Hi XXXXX, thanks for your email. if you are referring to the court hearings for baby emily , the only people in court were those involved with the case. I would doubt anyone from the occupy camp would have had a way to know about the initial hearing. . I hope that helps. Thanks.

Imo, regardless of being aware of the court hearing or not, I would imagine they would have occupied the court house advocating for the baby and the parents if their convictions were true.
Earlier I was unable to view the Channel 10 video, now having the opportunity to watch it, I can't see how it's in the best interest of the baby to live in such conditions and to be raised by parents who can't afford to show up to a hearing that could possibly have resulted in regaining custody of their child. They seem to blame everyone else instead of being responsible for their choices, ie, they went to Miami from Kentucky because a friend suggested it; they chose to have their baby born at the "Peace City" because others suggested it.

Normally I'm pro-occupy everything and I would be here too if the parents were more stable. If it had been me who made the choice to have a baby at the camp and then the state took my baby, I would not leave the hospital nor stop calling agents involved and fighting tooth and nail to get her back. Not showing up for the 1st court date, says too much and that baby needs a home.

I appreciate your position and feel your 100% correct in it.

I sent another email to the reporter asking her if she wanted to comment on the following quote pulled from the comments section of the Channel 10 article and posted earlier in this thread.
The comment was titled
FALSE IRRESPONSIBLE JOURNALISM and added to this thread.
The reporters response to it in the email is...

I appreciate your note ... I just want to confirm a few things... Channel 10 doesn't have "a position"; our reporting is always meant to be fact-based and fair. We are accustomed to all kinds of commenting on reports, especially those subjects that are controversial, and are read or seen by people who are passionate about their causes. I would hope that the comment conversations stay logical and respectful but that is not always the case. Human nature is what it is. I and my colleagues have done a good amount of reporting on Occupy Miami (and other Occupys) on various subjects and angles, and we've received plenty of input, both supportive and critical. I listen to all, respond to all, and I'm always open to exploring new, verifiable information. As for the report on Emily, I made clear that her parents were homeless and invited to stay at Peace City. The information in the report is all backed up by records and first-hand interviews. I spent a lot of time at the camp and interviewed a lot of people, putting in only information that I could corroborate. If people want to spend time and energy debating any subject on blogs, that is their right and I would defend that staunchly. Thanks and Take care, Glenna

eta: My opinion is that the occupy movements are no place for children, they don't represent a "community" that is safe for children or their health.
edit on 7-12-2011 by sweetliberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

Thanks for doing the leg work and having this looked into

That is some important information that sheds light on the situation. It also confirms my suspicions.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Well.. we also don't know if they showed up at another time.
The don't have a home in Miami so for all we know they didn't know when and where to go. Remember two things, they aren't from Miami and it's a big city, and you are reading biased news.

That said, it sounds like the parents were a little dumb, but it is the media so I have to reserve my opinion for a later time.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You must have missed this post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Well.. we also don't know if they showed up at another time.
The don't have a home in Miami so for all we know they didn't know when and where to go. Remember two things, they aren't from Miami and it's a big city, and you are reading biased news.

That said, it sounds like the parents were a little dumb, but it is the media so I have to reserve my opinion for a later time.

The courts certainly are known for their misinformation and also informing one party and not another.
Not too long ago we had a judge who decided to incarcerate minor traffic violators for failure to appear. The people were strip searched, finger printed and held for hours, even over night. The judge was fully aware of why so many individuals didn't appear before him. It was because the "notice to appear" letter gave an incorrect time and an incorrect courtroom.
This information was of no concern to the judge. He proceeded with warrants for their arrest. In the end, the Florida Supreme Court found him guilty... his excuse of forgetting to take his A.D.H.D. medication didn't give him a pass, lol.

The part of your paragraph I put in bold letters is, imo, very wise and something I should have done instead of flip flopping on here like a fish out of water.

After seeing the video of the homeless camp and the interview with the parents of baby Emily Ann, I knew why the little girl was taken away.
As for the parents being new in a large city, I imagine, if it was me, I'd flag down the first police car, ambulance, taxi, or city worker in search of information and locations to the court house and the Department of Children and Families.
I'm sure they were given some type of phone numbers and information at the time of removing Emily from the mother. Even scant information could lead me to more important information. As a mother, I know I would, and have, pulled miracles out of my ***(you know what!)*** in order to locate my child. Someone, somewhere would listen and help

You're correct, the media is biased!

edit on 8-12-2011 by sweetliberty because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join