It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Inside Job" on BBC 2 tonight 9pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Just a heads up for those in the UK.The documentary Inside Job will be on tonight on BBC 2 at 9pm. (it has nothing to do with 9/11). It's a documentary on the financial collapse of 2008. I watched a dodgy version on the internet the other week and was really impressed, it certainly taught me a lot about what caused the crash. I wont go too much into it , but would be interested to hear what people think after watching.

edit on 7-12-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Is this a repeat of an older documentary? It had interviews with that "mix'n'match" bellend Alistair Darling. If it is then I have seen it, if not I would like to.

ALS

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm surprised the BBC is airing this. Not their MO, exactly..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thanks for the heads up woodwardjnr.

I just read the synopsis on tv and I watched the trailer, it actually looks pretty good.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Is this a repeat of an older documentary? It had interviews with that "mix'n'match" bellend Alistair Darling. If it is then I have seen it, if not I would like to.

ALS

I can't remember Alistair Darling being in it. I recommend it anyway, if you watch it and don't like it you can blame me for wasting your time. But it does take a really good look at the collapse, the failure of governments, rating agencies, regulators and banks.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The Blatently Biased Corporation is the mother of media corruption.

Most AWAKE people in the uk DO NOT watch the bbc.

Watch the short clip below. Notice how they first try to stop him saying what he wants to say, then they attack his character.

This is typical bbc.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Just gotta throw this disclaimer in.. Think of it what you will..

AboveTopSecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I remember seeing this and thinking how disgusting she was interviewing him, Blatantly Biased Corporation is the most apt name for the acronym, you could also ad #e (sky).

Or another alternative could be te-lie-vision for the whole lot

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by rstregooski

Just gotta throw this disclaimer in.. Think of it what you will..

AboveTopSecret.com...

Thanks for the link. I did hear about that in fact. What did you think of the documentary? Did you find it biased and if so in who's favor? Because in all honesty I thought it was pretty fair.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I don't know, I didn't watch it. But that's just me, I tend to stay the hell away from some things with the smell of CFR propaganda. Of course not all individuals involved with the organization are conspirators, I'm just very skeptical of the whole thing, hence another recent thread of mine:

AboveTopSecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That Darcus Howe bloke is an idiot. We all kow how biased the BBC is but he didn't do himself any favours. What an embarrassing fool.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I just finished watching this doco and was looking to post something on here too, so you beat me to it.

All I can say is "Wow"
What a huge mess the US (and therefore world) banks are in. Millions of families in the US lost their homes and tens of thousands lost their jobs in the 2008 economic collapse but the bank bosses still got their obscene bonuses and went on to bigger and better things. And despite all the evidence of corruption and blatant fraud perpertrated not one of them gets arrested or charged! Just makes average Joe on the street all the more frustrated when you get thrown in jail for unpaid parking fines and the like!

And promises made by Obama to clean up and regulate came to naught, as heads of the Federal Reserve, White House economic advisors etc. are all the same ex CEOs from Goldman Sachs or Lehman Bros or Countrywide.... going around and around and around in the same destructive merry-go-round. It's enough to make you want to go and protest on Wall Street. Oh wait, aren't some of your countrymen and women trying that? Why aren't all Americans out there supporting these people. I'm not even American and I want to support them!

All I can say again is, "Wow". If you can watch the doco make sure you do. It was narrated by Matt Damon and he's such a cool guy it gets extra points from me

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander683

Think what you will of the man, thats your choice.
BUT!!
It does not alter what they were doing to him. Also, this is not an isolated case, I could post many other examples if thats what people want??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hope you don't mind but as 9pm is not far away now I thought this thread deserved a quick bump.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here is the full length video for your Sunday morning breakie.

Inside Job, narrated by Matt Damon

new topics

top topics

join