It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major UK Winter Storm 8th/9th December 2011 - NOW WITH FORECAST IMAGES

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

There was a bit of twitter campaign, egging him on to say 'bawbag' but he wasn't having it unfortunately. He did use it in a tweet but it was only to urge people to use the tag #scotstorm instead. Aye right Sean.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thanks for the post, interesting.

Been buffeted by this all day. Bit unusual at this time of year but we can take it.

Met Office charts showing the system over Greenland will spread out by the time it hits the UK but we'll see.. i don't quite understand whats going to happen to it over the North Atlantic to make that happen but then i'm no meteorologist!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRITWARRIOR

ANTI SCOTTISH LOL

Bore off will you, it was just a joke

English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish we all love the banter, lighten up
edit on 8-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

If you keep editing you might finally come up with something worth reading. Eventually.

I don't think a hurricane force winds are much to laugh about.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Power supplier Scottish Hydro have just been quoted as saying that there are now 50,000 homes in Scotland without power!

(from BBC Scotlands "Reporting Scotland" TV programme.)

GTD

PS - Here's a link to a collection of the latest Storm Photos

LINK TO BBC PHOTO COLLECTION
edit on 8-12-2011 by Gordi The Drummer because: To add link

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Most of us in this thread are getting battered, half the jokes are coming from the Scottish, I'm on the border worrying that the tree over the road is going to come through my window and turn my flat into a wind tunnel.......but you have to laugh, no point getting all depressed. It's happening, nothing we can do but try and look on the light side.

As I said earlier to someone, if you don't like it, find another thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

Don't know where you're from but most us Brits, and yes the Scots are British, have these thing's in common, the ability to find humour in almost any given situation and to laugh in the face of adversity.
If this shocks or upsets you then I dread to think what you would make of what we say to each other in person.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The random scots bloke sounds like a Geordie :-)

Try "auch fer #s sake, this hurricanes rippin my tits. Cannae get the telly tae work noo."
edit on 8-12-2011 by justwokeup because: typo

Its not tits in Scottish tho, its TATS

[CAUTION] joke in progress

For example...

ME TATS OOHHH ME ******* TATS JIMMEH, its soh fookin cold jimmy, sow bloody windeh too, eye a no the wind is justee howling duwn the glens, a noo me wee mans trampoline justee rolled duwn de road like, never yee mind the trampoline meh ******* tats ah sow cold,

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

BRIT, edit your f***in, the mods won't like it (i'm not complaining, just trying to be helpful)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well im in the centre of this as we speak. My windows are about to cave in I think. The kids (1 and 2 and a half), The youngest is scared, My older Daughter has been at the window for hours laughing at the birds flying into houses etc. (We live near the coast, lot of seagulls).

All I can say is it has been UNREAL the wind today. I seen a woman in a local petrol station being hammered into a wall by a gust of wind. The wind is VERY VERY bad. I am hearing worse is to come in the next hour or so.
I hope not.

Shauny

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
No worries, Texas gets this kind of weather all the time. The gfs and euro model say you have only a few more hours of high winds. Dont freak out, i love weather and this is all in the range of norm.

edit on 8-12-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

I'm sorry, Texas gets Cat5 hurricanes all the time? How wonderful! Because you know there are 165 mph gusts out there, doing some serious damage by the looks of it. Still, someone please put up a web camera to record the Natural madness, please?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Here's a link to STV's webcam in Glasgow (overlooking the River Clyde at Squinty Bridge!)

STV WEBCAM

All looks quite calm at the moment!

MORE WEBCAMS HERE

regards
GTD
edit on 8-12-2011 by Gordi The Drummer because: to add further storm webcams

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The high winds have been used as a cover up of an amazing collision between a UFO and a wind turbine. The photo that can be found on the Daily Mail web site clearly shows the moment after impact with the remains of the ufo flying through the air.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Erm...maybe I have has one SC too many, and if what I say next offends,. I apologise. But hasn't Texas been suffering a drought recently? Now followed by heavy rains?
The problem I have is, (said in best toffee nosed english accent)....that when one is faced with such patronising words as you have just spouted it is difficult not to respond.
So best I don't

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

yeah this is not a cat 5 hurricane. im sorry but katrina did not just form over europe. GUST AS HIGH AS 75mph not 165 please provide your source. As ill glady show you model forecast and output.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hi to everyone up north being battered by this storm, we are here on the south coast and right now we are having torential rain but the winds are not too bad at all,
The wind today has been blowing bins about all over the roads but thats about it.
Just wanted to say to everyone who is effected by this storm, hope you all stay safe.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
The high winds have been used as a cover up of an amazing collision between a UFO and a wind turbine. The photo that can be found on the Daily Mail web site clearly shows the moment after impact with the remains of the ufo flying through the air.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Oh just love it!
Now about the rest of my list about 'suspect' UFO's today.........

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

I've just watched the BBC weather forecast. They said it's going to be a mild weekend. WTF?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Be sure you keep the girls away from the window. Also get water put up and light sources at ready incase power goes out.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join