It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major UK Winter Storm 8th/9th December 2011 - NOW WITH FORECAST IMAGES

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by pheniks
what about us dutch folk ?

I've been thinking about this too. The storm surge is predicted for the east coast (North Sea) to coincide with the high tide and full moon. Is this a serious test of Holland's barriers?

Never thought about that until now, yup id say it was going to be a serious test for Hollands sea defence

If it fails tonight, and 18th december happens this could be very bad

edit on 8-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by angelchemuel
They also reported on their 'ticker tape' that a building has partially collapsed
Rainbows
Jane

Yeah trying to find more info on that...can't find anything yet! Do you have info?

Not on that no sorry. But my friend in Aberdeen has sent me a picture of their xmas lights....have no idea how to post it!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The OP must get this thread's title changed to include Hurricane Bawbag. I believe that's now the official name for this breeze that's pulled felt off my three shed roofs, pushing my 20ft conifers over to 45 degrees right now, and smashed up my greenhouse.

Everyone stay safe. It's not over yet.

here's some of the latest news - via twitter

•“BREAKING: #scotstorm is rated as "awfally blowie" on the Wee Wifie scale. The WW scale runs from "huffin" tae "haud oantae ma breeks" :-)” coilleduine

•“Panic buying caused by #hurricanebawbag has resulted in shelves being stripped bare of Irn Bru, Pot Noodles and Green Rizzlas” Pols80

•". . . Dear Embra, Here huv aw oor discarded crisp pokes. Yours as ayeways, Glasgow. . . . #HurricaneBawbag" ScotsRon

•"Only Scottish people would get #hurricanebawbag trending. You may take our garden furniture, but you'll never take our patter!" MairiMcKay

•"The Wicked Witch of the Clyde was just crushed by a flying council house and Dorothy-Marie Gale pinched her Reeboks." LiamDrydenEtc

•"BREAKING: Slight smell of dust burning across Scotland as third bars on electric fires are sparked up. #hurricanebawbag" charleslavery

•"Hurricane Bawbag Update: A plant pot has fallen over in Airdrie. An eye witness retold the horror "it pure went sideways"" TracerTong

•"Hurricane names must alternate between male and female so I recommend calling the next one Hurricane Fannybaws #HurricaneBawbag" greghemphill69

•"The sad moment when you watch your shed leave you for another garden. #hurricanebawbag" HurricaneBawbag

there's more Hurricane Bawbag raises twitter storm

edit on 8-12-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Oh goodness! So sorry to hear about you garden! That's a bumber....glad you are safe from flying glass...no I will not add your miss fortune to my UFO list. I am glad you have kept your sense of humour though...your 'twitter' links made me laugh.
Keep safe, it's not over yet.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Oh, how I love being in the South! We always miss out on the harsh winters & snow storms. Except last year of course!

I just hope that we have enough Salt for the roads this year, it was a bloody joke having to drive to work in 3-4 feet of snow and wondering if the next corner was going to result in an accident. Only the UK would be so ill-prepared for snow..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

I hope you don't mind, but I had to click and paste your posting into an email to my elderly friend in Aberdeen. She's quite stricken that her christmas lights have blown down in Union Street! Your posting will have cheered her up.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
JRMCLEOD just out of curiosity did you film the trampoline ?
Sorry mods for a one line reply

No, i didn't film it. I saw it on a live feed from the daily record...

Ah ok mate reason being a friend posted it on his Facebook thought it was your video was going to say, this is your 5 mins of fame

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
BBC just reported major incident in Skellsdale (?) Yorkshire where bridges have been swept away.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
"Police have declared a major incident at Lochalsh in the Highlands where strong winds have caused massive disruption. One person has been injured in the area as gale-force winds cause damage across the area. The person suffered slight injuries when the static caravan they were in was blown over at Lochailort. A roof has been blown off a building in Fort William onto the nearby bypass and a power line is down at Drumsallie. Nobody was injured when the windscreen of a bus was blown in. Many roads are affected by falling trees and surface water and the A82 at Onich has been closed indefinitely because of a rockslide a mile north of Corran Ferry. Fallen trees have blocked the B863 between Ballachulish and Kinlochleven, the B849 between Lochaline and Drimin, and the B8007 between Salen and Kilchoan. Northern Constabulary has declared a major incident and has set up an incident room at force headquarters in Inverness. People are advised not to travel if they can, particularly in Barra and South Uist. "

hisz.rsoe.hu...

"Another casualty of the weather is the Christmas display in Glasgow's George Square. Glasgow Life has said the festive attractions will be closed all day on Thursday as a precaution. Extremely difficult conditions are forecast around Scotland's coasts. The Met Office is warning of south or south-east winds of force 6 to gale force 8, veering into the west or southwest and increasing severe gale 9 to violent storm 11. Elsewhere, heavy rain has led to flooding in the Windermere area of Cumbria. Local police said they had a number of reports of vehicles stuck in water around Windermere and Troutbeck. Sections of the A591 at Ambleside and Windermere were also closed because of the flooding, along with a section of the A592 at Troutbeck Bridge. And there were strong wind warnings for the M6 in Cumbria and the A66 in County Durham was closed to high-sided vehicles. Parts of Northern Ireland have also experienced disruption due to strong winds, with gales forecast to reach 80mph along the north coast. The Met Office have issued an amber weather warning for Thursday."

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

The random scots bloke sounds like a Geordie :-)

Try "auch fer #s sake, this hurricanes rippin my tits. Cannae get the telly tae work noo."
edit on 8-12-2011 by justwokeup because: typo

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

That's desperately unfunny.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

As is that. Are all the English anti-Scottish people out in force today ?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thks for posting that
I think they mean Lochaber, not Lochalsh, but sounds quite windy back home in Lochailort! Though such winds are not unknown around there. Be interesting to see how damage to trees etc compared with the 'Hebridean Hurricane' of January 2005.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
So far to what i have seen and heard...

Buses where tipped over, Buildings where ripped apart from the roof, people have been swept of there feet and dragged along the street, a car landed on top of another car (wtf) The clyde submerged a lot of # including a bridge that is usually 40 ft above sea level, trees ripped out... Huts and trampolines have been flying about out... Before we where all sent home from work, what easily looked like a 100kg sheet of metal ripped off a building about 50 ft from where we where standing, it flew about like a peice of plastic tbh, was unreal...

Cant be bothered going through every post here but can someone explain why this is happening now? Some one who knows what they are talking about preferably and not some end of the world fear monger lol

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Mate am scottish but that was a good laugh haha

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The best thing about this has been twitter -- I've spent most of the afternoon howling at what's being said. We're still being hammered now. Fences have blown down, roofs ripped off, TRAMPOLINES rolling down the street, the lot. I hear a wheelie bin just broke the land speed record.

I forgot to watch the news just to see Sean Batty creaming himself while talking about both hurricanes and bawbags.

Not sure if this has been posted already but it had me in stitches earlier

edit on 8-12-2011 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

As is that. Are all the English anti-Scottish people out in force today ?

ANTI SCOTTISH LOL

Bore off will you, it was just a joke

English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish we all love the banter, lighten up
edit on 8-12-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
sean batty never said hurricane baw bag because he is a baw bag

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join