It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This tells you all you need to know about the American government

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillweed
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Watching the MSM I've noticed that they all actively denigrate Ron Paul and his chances for election. That tells me all I need to know. They can't control him, and that to them, would be unacceptable. They will try to stop him at all costs.

Something to remember though Newt and Mitt together dont account for 50% of republicans polled. What does that tell us?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthAwesome

I agree with you fully, they are stripping away your rights daily. Stand up to that bull crap US citizens. Its getting to the stage where they no longer hide. The reptilian agenda is running out of time thats why. The greys and reptilians have nearly been defeated by the andormedian council etc. So they will try anything in a last bid to make misery before Dec 2012. Dont be surprised if they bring the war on before then.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by psiyoung

That right there is why I refuse to bring another life into this world. What would be the point? So I could watch them suffer just as I did? No thanks.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by psiyoung

I'm not quite sure what I would do, but it's quite obvious that the political process has failed in the States, just as it has up here in Canada. I can't say revolt because that is exactly what TPTB want....other than that....I just don't know. That silver lining gets dimmer by the day it seems.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
senators,congress,all of those ppl in the bighouse. Most of the time they never read the bills and pass them if they'll be benefitted

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by isan1998

I highly doubt there was one senator or congressman that didn't know the details of this specific bill. What you said is true in other cases, but I don't believe for a second there was one that didn't know every detail of this specific bill. This one was too big for them not to. Nothing like it in US history IMO.

I also agree with an earlier poster saying this isn't the end of it. This was just the introduction of it, I think it will be back for sure. This could of just been a tactic to use to see the general response of the people, and then work around that response. I am absolutely planning on seeing a false flag attempt this coming year, so this bill could be put into place as swiftly as the Patriot Act during the 9/11 tragedy. There is no doubt in my mind we will see something soon. Then they can say, "see we told you we needed this..." and nobody will question it, just like the Patriot Act. You will see

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Keep going! Name and shame the traitors! Big photos so all can recognize the scum running America. I'm not from your country, but, what happens in your country effects everyone in mine. Our zionist controlled government does everything your government tells it without bloody question! They simply have to be stopped. They're completely mad!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123
Our enemy is our government .... most of them. Obama is a liar from hell along with the whoring members of congress..
The american public are fools, fat lazy dumb down morons not worth saving ..
How much longer will this lie continue (?)

Government high places are a headache. I don't feel so bad about those jobs I have walked out on, at Subways or eating places.

The New World Order has its loyal people and architecture in place. The number 666 the beast it will be on all road signs pretty soon. They keep us down on depressing meds with the economy going down (so we'll feel upbeat). Wild, dark times are rumbling toward us. The future smells of Russian leather, of blood. "How are thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning!" The elite building underground hiding bases (tells me all I need to know about the Government). A bad dream that most of us do not want to believe.
edit on 9-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkScheppy
A bad dream that most of us do not want to believe.

What if it is just that, a bad dream, and nothing more? Meaning, what if it is a bad dream fabricated by us. It just dawned on me that many of these topics, you don't see people with "thousands" of posts coming into the threads discussing it. Majority of the folks that are talking about these subjects have very few 3k or less posts. Wonder why it is that the people with the real experience, and have been around a long time, I never see posting on these subjects such as NWO, Illuminati, OWO, Religion, and most of the other mainstream taboo subjects out there... Are we just in the middle of a stepping stone and what we believe now, will change as we get more experience? I can't help but wonder all the sudden why the leaders of this community (in general not ATS) that have been around so long don't participate in these conversations trying to wake the rest of the sheep up or participate on something we think we are starting to understand. All these conversations are dominated with 3k and less post for the most part. What are the experienced moving on to that I haven't seen yet?

Wonder what I am not seeing yet. This just makes me further wonder if I did not in fact wake up like I want to believe at times, but actually just woke up from one dream to inside another dream. Hmm...

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Edit:Never mind, it looks like that is the Amendment on the bill.

That would mean that 59 voted against the amendment.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Vitchilo

You got it backwards.

41 voted Yea (2 democrats, 38 republicans, 1 other) , 59 voted Nay (49 democrats, 9 republicans, 1 other).

More than half voted against it, not for it...and it wasn't one vote away from passing.
edit on 7-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

You are correct, but I wanted to point out that the list provided is of the 41 Yea voters. These people should not see another term, ever.

That page was on the Amendment of the bill, not of the bill itself. McCain voted Nay. that means he did not want the amendment to his bill, he wanted it passed without the amendment.
And this isn't even the same amendment that Rand Paul offered, it is one that Jeff Sessions offered. I didn't see Rand Paul's amendment on that list.

Two amendments — one by Sen. Mark Udall (D-CO) and the other by Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) — were offered to amend this section further, though both failed with the help of Pennsylvania’s senators. The defense bill passed the Senate last night.

www.thisis50.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
make no mistake this bill was passed by the senate and if it goes through the house of commons and the pres. They WILL be able to detain you indefinitely without trial. You will have to be "deemed to be conspiring against the government" in order for them to incarcerate you.

Sec. 1031- Congress affirms that the authority of the President to use all necessary and appropriate force pursuant to the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) includes the authority for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain covered persons (as defined in subsection (b)) pending disposition under the law of war.

Covered Persons- A covered person under this section is any person as follows: (1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks. (2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

thomas.loc.gov...:2:./temp/~c112iHcL4Y:e539345:

or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners???
that could mean anyone if the president felt the general public was conspiring to overthrow the government....

There is hope though. president obama has promised to veto the bill because it "hands the power to the military". lets hope this isn't just another empty promise.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
So if this passes through the House of Representatives without redefinition and the President doesn't Veto it, then our system has truly failed.

Every Soldier who has fought for the Freedom of this Country will have been betrayed. Every Citizen who has placed hand over heart when the National anthem plays will have been betrayed. Our Founding Forefathers will have been betrayed. Our Entire Nation will have been betrayed.

Because If the Military considers Freedom of Speech and the Right to peacefully assemble; to Protest against Corruption; an act of terrorism, then we have truly been betrayed.

I Pray he's a Good man and doesn't allow such an obviously horrible affront to the very core of what we represent as a Country.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Who was the person who put this forward and who/what is behind them? The Nazis used to drag people off the street and out of their homes and detain them indefinetly for the good of the Reich. Sounds like the home of the 'free' is not so free. You could be arrested and detained for voicing your opinion against the government. Where is the 'free speech'? Laws like that slowly creep in under the guise of 'fighting terror' and little by little erode the basic rights of the people , ie: right to a fair trail, the right not to be tortured , the right to free speech.
The government willingly sends the young off to die to protect their own interests then discard them to the scrapheap when they've served their usefullness ( how many returned servicemen and women have mental health issues,health issues and are homeless, and recieve nothing from the people who sent them there). Soon you will have no rights! You are already living under Matial Law and you don't know it. Obama doesn't run things as the law states that under times of 'national emergencies' the running of the government goes behind the scenes and Those people call the shots. Check it out and you will see what is happening. How long will the war on terror last? Proberly until the public are so used to living under martial law that it seems normal and the freedoms of the constitution will become invalid ( as they don't take into account the 'threat' of terror) so total control of the people becomes possible. Would you protest if someone you knew was taken for an unknown reason,kept without communication, removed to another location with no trial or not even being charged with a crime, possibly tortured ,then released and told if they talk about their ordeal they will be sent to prison. The US government has been lying to its people and the world for decades and to put it bluntly...nobody likes the US government..we all hate the US government..It's run behind the scenes by powerful big business....Who has shares in the companies that are supposed to 'rebuild Iraq'? Who has shares in the companies that build weapons,bombs and war machines? Who benifits from decisions made by the government? Only the already wealthy benifit and they control things for their own sake.A war is just a means to an end, a good excuse to take things by force and blind the public to what the real agenda is. Americans beware. Don't let your government lead you astray any longer.good luck

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello all,

A few thoughts.

Just the fact that the bill was written makes me wonder who wrote it?

What was the real purpose?

It almost seems that political parties are so left or right depending on which companies are funding the political life of the Reps that the landscape is becoming hazardous for everyone.

Who gains from this? Who makes money if we are at war? Who gains by detaining Americans?

Answer: Very few, a lesson we learned from Vietnam.

The bill may have being pushed by large corporations in preparation of massive protests.
Or in preparation for someone wanting to make a lot of money by providing the goods, supplies, man power and weapons needed to in-force a bill like that.

The very banks that are being protested against could be the creators of the language used in the Occupy Movement just so they could pass a bill like this and do two things,
A: Make tons of money by supplying and funding the groups like FEMA that would have been responsible for rounding these people up.
B: Getting rid of the protesters at the same time.

My question is this.

Whoever started the Movement used very specific language and called it an Occupying Movement, so is it protected by our constitution as our right to Protest is? If not are they the threats to our National Security mentioned in this sham of a bill?

These laws sure would come in handy to start throwing these Occupiers into jail and shutting them up for as long as is needed. So are protesters a threat somehow? Well not to anyone but very targeted industries, you know the ones who pay the lawmakers.

By: thekaliyuga.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I guess I would care less that Americans are too spoiled, un-knowlagable, and lazy to get out of their armchairs and do something about the ever increasing evil developing in their government but unfortunately just like Nazi era Germany the filth of it is already spilling over the boarder into the rest of the world. Iran is next to be invaded and then who is the next unfortunate victim. It seems that Americans in their Walmart induced malaise will not step up before their government makes it completely impossible for them to do so, physically or legally.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
I guess I would care less that Americans are too spoiled, un-knowlagable, and lazy to get out of their armchairs and do something about the ever increasing evil developing in their government but unfortunately just like Nazi era Germany the filth of it is already spilling over the boarder into the rest of the world. Iran is next to be invaded and then who is the next unfortunate victim. It seems that Americans in their Walmart induced malaise will not step up before their government makes it completely impossible for them to do so, physically or legally.

I would prefer (almost) a Nuclear holocaust winter than this slow regimented controlled depression. All of the trillions mission in our budget and most logical minded sparrows know that it is going to the secret government. Mostly the black budget but also for the underground bases. And most of us are to be happy with server and car wash jobs, "would you like Fries with that?" Typical of the Toledan days (medieval) of church versus monastery rivalries (now it's burger king or mad ebay people).

And then prohibition ended. And we aren't going anywhere. Pebble-bed reactor type nuclear reactors (fourth generation synthetic, hydrogen) We aren't building them, China is and Russia is. China has mag-lev train transportation in America it is discussions about Christina Aguilera's bust-size. Or talk about some really retarded $$_ commercial that they saw. Politicians mouth off about solar power and other lower energy types and then get involved with scandals like Solyndra with Obama. We could impeach the president but instead they just appoint a new "CZAR" to see more corruption-gates. This is an Indian Rope trick, incompetence, people who I have low moral opinions of. America is doing what, going along with more Police State? More legislation that give thugs government more control?
edit on 12-12-2011 by MarkScheppy because: add

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Watch all 9 videos they follow one after the other. Aaron Russo...........knew the score.

He explains about banks, 9/11, NWO, The Federal Reserve, Iraq, etc.

And with this one, Alex Jones seems to have behaved himself and allowed Aaron, a great patriot center state.
edit on 13-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: made sure video was in place.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

For years i have been saying we need to step away from this 2 party system and if this does'nt state that more then ever then i don't know what would! I don't know what the majority of people see in these democrats and republicans! We all know that these men will lie their asses off to get elected and then once they are, they will take orders from the lobbiest scum that supported their campaign with funding! It's no wonder congress has a 9% approval rating which probably accounts for the top 9% of the population and the most ignorant of us! When will we realize that we are at a crossroads and need to switch the path we're traveling, before we get run over by this oversized monstrousity called the Federal government and their crony friends? I realize there are many people who really don't want to get involved for reasons of fear, dependency on entitelments or whatever their reasons but when those who have resisted are gone whether dead, disappeared or jailed you will be their next target! We have lost enough of our freedoms and if we wait too long, we will lose them all! We don't need to do anything extreame or violent just to forcefully and peacefully march on our capital and demand the resignation of the obvious corrupt leadership and their cronies that have taken hold of our lives and profited off our misery! These men are in the biggest MOB in the world! the most organised of criminals! The most destructive of persons! These men usually use disinformation to carry out an agenda on issues like "overpopulation, Pollution, crime, terrorism, Energy cost and consumption"! These men will use these real life problems and will create more problems down the road with their so called solutions! We can look back and see we have been warned many times by our own regretful leaders and there have even been some who have tryed to tell us but they have paid with their lives! I know there are those of you foolish enough to believe they can ride out this storm of destruction with creative hording! Though it might work at first TPTB will eventually come for you to take what you have! The reason being there can be no where to hide, not with the technology these people possess! I am sorry if this all sounds very pessimistic because I'm not trying to sadden you just to shake you up! If we even knew half of the truth just a glimpse at our future we would not be sitting here talking about how corruption has taken a strangle hold of our leaders! I don't claim to know the future but claim to notice trends and this latest one concerns me greatly! I feel we have little time left! I don't know if it will just fall apart at once or slowly over time but feel that it will happen in winter and this suggest to me that it will happen quickly maybe as soon as next year! Though because of so many people knowing the Elitist agenda maybe it will drag out for 5 more years or more! After all i'm sure when it does finally happen whatever "it" is there will be many people going after the upper classers unless it's so bad people would would first have to worry about surviving! I pray that heaven can show us the way, that we stop being so materialistic and realize we are losing the most valued commodity, our life, freedom and family! This materialistic Fad is unnatural and disconnnects us from each other! IMHO this is why we can become so calloused to those close to us! I believe this has the greatest effect on the youngest generation! Couple this with drugs, alcohol and other unhealthy activity and what this leads to is depression, suicide and other mental disorders! We are programmed to interact with each other to socialize in person! This is why we communicate more with our bodies then our voices! We have lost the respect we once had for each other and in doing so we look down on each other as well as ourselves! I can sit here talking forever about the truths of self fulfillment or humanities fulfillment but we each need to explore and discover for ourselves where we need to turn, who we need to be and whether it includes humanity as a whole?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Please watch this and all the videos. If this link doesn't work try this one: wellaware1.com

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join