It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This tells you all you need to know about the American government

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Great thread, you are absolutely correct,
I have been saying this for years and most people think I am crazy. The fact is the political system is so corrupt that it only panders to the 1% it’s all about the money. Most American politicians have become blood sucking parasites in order to fill their deep pockets in serving the global corporations and Military interests.

The real evil the (false flag attack) that was behind 911 has given the United States political power structure cart- blanch to do as it pleases without little accountability and in essence our political system has declare war on our democracy and the American people.

People ask me who you think is the best candid for President for the 2012 elections, my answers is none because the leading candid’s are being funded by Wall Street and the global corporations. The political system is so corrupt that a decent Presidential candid will never have a chance, even now it is proven that our election are rigged, they put in who they want in.

There is no turning back for the United States, the road it paved with bad intentions.
In order to save the United States from being destroyed by the powers that be, We the People need to take our political system back, however there are not enough people in the United States that are willing to stop what they are doing to organize with leadership to send a strong message to the corrupt political system that’s in place now. So until then we will witness this great country spiral politically downhill on lies and greed until there’s nothing left.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Theres no doubt the government is bound to really flip the switch on us soon. I'm just glad places like this still exist to keep at least a few people informed!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Well, instead of nitpicking, how about realizing that it really does not matter who is president in your country. The same polices go through regardless of the figurehead in the white house.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

under 1031 the term and usage of Hostile and belligerent applies to US citizen's, automatically giving up your rights as a US citizen because now you are in or acting in a "Hostile and or belligerent" manner and are subject to 1032. A "US citizen" is a non combatant and thus exempt from 1031 1032 do you get it???

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Some (very few) people in America are starting to wake up and have begun to realize that being an American citizen who is native born protects us from the dredges of maritime courts. We who know this are the only capable representatives of ourselves and are protected by a Judges oath to protect the people. The police are considered a private organization with no authority over a sovereign person. If they can throw people who know the law is for their protection and know how to use it in a hole and never bring them to court they can essentially murder these people before the system is exposed for the Ponzi it really is. My friend just got pulled over for speeding, never gave his license, he chooses not to have one, never signed the ticket, yes he went to jail for a day, but when he saw the judge his case was dismissed and because a police officer is bonded and he did sign the ticket, they all do, he has to pay the fine. Ain't that a pip. You can make cops pay your ticket cause they never had the right to investigate you without probable cause in the first place.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This absolutly sickens me. The best thing we can do is spread information as quickly and fastly as possible. Granted i have not been involved much in posting and replying i have just been reading up on all the ATS threads and posts, now i realize i need to get more involved. I am doing whatever i can to spread info like this, VIA facebook and twitter, bringing it up in conversation, whatever i can do to spread knowledge to the people. Lets wake up tap into that collective unconscious!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I live in America and I vote. I did not vote for Bush's re-election or the first term either. I talk to a broad range of people and have only met a few (who were obviously wealthy enough to benefit from Bush tax cuts) who support Governor Bush. His support was not the majority yet he disabled our country's ability to have an honest election. When everyone else has earthquakes and tsunamis the good people of America extend our help but it never ends and no matter how we try the greedy everywhere in the world act on our behalf and now everyone from Morocco to Jakarta wants Americans dead. Yet it's there own leaders who pervert our assistance. So the only problem I see is that America wouldn't be broke if we cut off our foreign aid and any foreign policy for that matter and left the rest of the world to fend for themselves and just sit at our border waiting to blast a 50 cal. into anyone stupid enough to think there getting in. What would you suggest? A revolution, "you oughta free your mind instead"

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Not for nothing, but I learned a very valuable lesson today. I was (still am in a lot of ways) a complete news junkie! I would read the news and watch the news round the clock. Then this year I started to wake up. Since that time I have moved away from every mainstream media outlet that is out there. I rely on my news from sites like this and underground news sources. I have watched these so called "reliable" news sources pump this story night and day about how this bill is going to pass, what it means to us, and just nonstop talk about it.

Do you know, out of all the sites I currently follow, not one of them, not one single site mentioned what happen today on this bill. There is one site I been following because a bunch of the New Age Kooks said it was reliable when I first woke up, and there is an article up on the site hourly about this bill, until today. They haven't mentioned one single word about it being defeated!

What does that make me think now about the underground sources? It leads me to believe all they want to do is create fear, spread it like a virus, and focus on the conspiracies (not that they don't exist) to further their own agenda or cause. This was a monster victory today, and I didn't hear one single word about it until just now through you guys. How could they possibly overlook such a huge decision like this?? They are doing EXACTLY what they hate about the big media outlets like Fox, MSNBC, and CNN, which is censoring the information they want to deliver to you.

I even got rid of my TV completely this year and stay away from all the major news sites. What a joke to hear people in this industry promote these kinds of sites that are just as guilty as the enemy!!! I have no idea what to look for when it comes to reliable news anymore!

Sorry for the little rant...this was such huge news, and it bothers me that I had to find it out this way, which was someone talking about it in another thread and linking and pointing to this thread.

I am grateful about what happen today on this. That is one for the good guys

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

There is only one country who toils at the idea of getting America back. The IRS, the Barrister, the Federal Reserve, and any Ward of the Court is committing treason in America. Be ye not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind. I happened to notice the mcgilvery clan is without a leader. What do you think your children will be like when we start feeding you mountain dew and fast food $1 cheeseburgers?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
These guys know what they're doing. The bill was not passed this time but it is a sure fact they will try to get what they want another time and in whichever way possible. My fear is worse things are yet to come and when they finally do, there will be no hiding place in a country like America where technology and law is everything.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

The Illuminati is a conspiracy to hide a conspiracy. Your almost there. I remember when I thought the same way. Fear is rational and opening your mind is a scary thing in the beginning.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

You got it backwards.

41 voted Yea (2 democrats, 38 republicans, 1 other) , 59 voted Nay (49 democrats, 9 republicans, 1 other).

More than half voted against it, not for it...and it wasn't one vote away from passing.
edit on 7-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

You are correct, but I wanted to point out that the list provided is of the 41 Yea voters. These people should not see another term, ever.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

When I first read the Biblical prophesies of the End Times, I could not imagine how we could allow such a governmental structure to get built. It is not so hard to imagine any more.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
until Congress declares the War on Terror to be over.

This is the part that got me....CONGRESS NEVER DECLARED WAR!!! I have a feeling that would be a life sentencing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance

Originally posted by svetlana84
it seems it s not so clear if american citizen's are excluded:

It says it in plain english...

SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.

The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

It means, US Citizens do NOT meet the requirement for military custody....

Wrong ...

This section is NOT about who meets the requirements. This section is about making it Mandatory (a Requirement) for the military to detain. This Requirement does not extend to Citizens. This does not mean they cannot detain US Citizens.

notice the IN GENERAL wording "Shall"

SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-

(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.

(2) COVERED PERSONS-

(3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR-

(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY-

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

"The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

Question: What is not extended? Answer: The Requirement to detain.

Just because they DO NOT HAVE to detain US Citizens DOES NOT mean they CANNOT detain US Citizens.

Nice try though ...

Edit: I believe the wording of this section was made to intentionally give the illusion that US Citizens are exempt from detainment by the military. Clearly in "plain English" you can read that is not the case.
edit on 8-12-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Well said, Impress. Do you think it's possible that 'they' have made us believe that a man like Ron Paul can't win? I wonder if maybe it's a little more doable than 'they' would have the voter believe, and that a libertarian would wreak havoc in the way that Washington functions. They don't dare let it appear as though Ron Paul is popular, but enough people can challenge them. Do we forget that that there are so many more of us than them?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Anyone voting for that amendment should be tried for treason, its sickening

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I regularly write my reps and Obama.

Here is a reply from one of my reps concerning this thread minus the Senate Letterhead as I could not copy it

Dear Mrs. X:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the detainee provisions in the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act. I appreciate learning your thoughts on this important matter and welcome the opportunity to respond.
Since enactment of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, the role of the U.S. military in enforcing our domestic laws inside the United States has been very limited. During the week of November 28, the Senate considered S.1867, the Fiscal Year 2012 National Defense Authorization Act. This legislation includes sections specifically authorizing our military to arrest and detain anyone, including U.S. citizens inside America, who the President suspects may be connected to Al Qaeda or the Taliban.
In my view, American citizens inside this country have inalienable Constitutional rights that can only be removed by a civilian jury of your peers. Others argue that America is a "battlefield" where the President should have the power to order our military to seize U.S. citizens in this country on a suspicion that they may back terror.
Under the Declaration of Independence, Americans were promised rights against the State that were "inalienable", i.e. no future President or Congress could ever take them away.
Under our Constitution, your rights are defined:

-- You are promised that the trial of "all crimes, except in Cases of Impeachment, shall be by Jury".
-- You cannot "be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court".
-- Under the Fourth Amendment, you are "secure in [your] persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures". This right "shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause".
-- Under the Fifth Amendment, you cannot be "held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury".
-- Under the Sixth Amendment, you have a right to a "speedy trail".
-- Under the 14th Amendment, "no state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States".

In my view, the Senate bill violates your basic rights, guaranteed to you by our Constitution. Rather than forcing the state to prove your guilt by a unanimous vote of a jury "beyond the shadow of a doubt", this law allows you only one petition to a civilian court under a writ of habeas corpus, then allowing a military court to hold U.S. citizens by only a "preponderance of the evidence".
The last time Congress enacted a law allowing the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens was during the McCarthy era. Passed over President Truman's veto in 1950, the "Emergency Detention Act" authorized indefinite detention of Americans likely to commit espionage or sabotage. Fortunately, this authority was never used and President Nixon signed the repeal of this law in 1971. His repeal stated that "no citizen shall be imprisoned or otherwise detained by the United States except pursuant to an Act of Congress".
The detention authority of the Senate bill would roll back decades of protections for U.S. citizens. While the U.S. military has and should keep the power to detain or even attack Americans serving in foreign armies or terrorist organizations overseas (like Anwar al Awlaki who fought the U.S. from a terrorist base in Yemen), the U.S. military should not be authorized to arrest and detain U.S. citizens based on activity conducted in the United States. That is the mission of the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, state and local law enforcement. Americans who are arrested should never lose their constitutional rights until they are convicted in a civilian court by a jury of their peers.
In the Senate, I voted for three amendments that strike or limit the scope of these provisions. Amendment 1107, introduced by Senator Mark Udall (D-CO), would have struck Sections 1031 and 1032, but it was defeated by a vote of 38 to 60. I also supported Senator Diane Feinstein's (D-CA) amendment 1125 that would have eliminated the military's power to arrest and detain U.S. citizens inside America. This amendment was defeated by a vote of 45 to 55. In the end, the Senate adopted another amendment offered by Senator Feinstein, stating that this bill does not expand authority to apprehend and detain U.S. citizens in the United States - a thin cover for our basic rights.
President Obama said that he would veto this legislation if it contains overly broad powers for the U.S. military to arrest U.S. citizens on U.S. soil. He is right on this issue and I will support his veto on this question.

The remainder of this long piece of legislation, the National Defense Authorization Act, is beneficial for the country. The bill provides a pay increase for Americans in uniform. It fully funds special operations forces across the world. It also helps clean up troubled and wasteful defense construction and procurement programs. The bill also contains the Menendez-Kirk amendment, passed by a vote of 100-0, to impose crippling sanctions on the Central Bank of Iran in an effort to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. Therefore, I voted to move the bill forward to a House-Senate conference, secure in knowing that the President will be able to strike the provisions I outlined on our rights while advancing the provisions I outlined just above.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me on this issue. Please feel free to contact me at (312) 886-3506 or online at kirk.senate.gov... if you have any questions or concerns before Congress or the federal government. It is an honor to serve you in the Senate.

Very truly yours,

Mark Kirk
U.S. Senate

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Now concerning the letter from my Senator, Mark Kirk, is he lying, telling the truth? He did mention:

In the Senate, I voted for three amendments that strike or limit the scope of these provisions. Amendment 1107, introduced by Senator Mark Udall (D-CO), would have struck Sections 1031 and 1032, but it was defeated by a vote of 38 to 60. I also supported Senator Diane Feinstein's (D-CA) amendment 1125 that would have eliminated the military's power to arrest and detain U.S. citizens inside America. This amendment was defeated by a vote of 45 to 55. In the end, the Senate adopted another amendment offered by Senator Feinstein, stating that this bill does not expand authority to apprehend and detain U.S. citizens in the United States - a thin cover for our basic rights.

I notice the letter is all scrunched up, no paragraphs but that is how it came over from copy and paste onto ATS and the word count is more than ATS normally allows anyway for one post.

Have added this e-mail I received because it adds to our information concerning this real threat.

Very good opening thread.

I hope this correspondence has added something of value.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: System is putting in blank lines between paragraphs so I pulled up the spacing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 4all2c

There will be no hiding anywhere in the world if this does come to pass.

You might be (notice I didn't say absolutely - I said might be) looking at the eventual ushering in of a New World Order.

The prison industry in the United States: big business or a new form of slavery?
Prison Economics Help Drive Ariz. Immigration Law
www.npr.org...
Ive worked in a prison for 2 years as a nurse, and the truth is that they use the prisoners as slaves, they have all kinds of people in prison for even the smallest offence like parking tickets or marijuana possession. Its a scam on the american people, and the prison life is soul stealing, there is no rehabilitation in prison, its a hell of a life. Even for being at a party and someone is in another room with drugs, you could be put in prison. Hope you dont ever have to go to prison.
youtuber From Youtuber HealingVibrations

Federal law stipulates five years' imprisonment without possibility of parole for possession of 5 grams of crack or 3.5 ounces of heroin, and 10 years for possession of less than 2 ounces of rock-coc aine or crack. A sentence of 5 years for coc aine powder requires possession of 500 grams - 100 times more than the quantity of rock coc aine for the same sentence. Most of those who use coc aine powder are white, middle-class or rich people, while mostly Blacks and Latinos use rock coc aine.

Human rights organizations, as well as political and social ones, are condemning what they are calling a new form of inhumane exploitation in the United States, where they say a prison population of up to 2 million - mostly Black and Hispanic - are working for various industries for a pittance. For the tycoons who have invested in the prison industry, it has been like finding a pot of gold. They don't have to worry about strikes or paying unemployment insurance, vacations or comp time. All of their workers are full-time, and never arrive late or are absent because of family problems; moreover, if they don't like the pay of 25 cents an hour and refuse to work, they are locked up in isolation cells.

No other country comes close to matching this number.

last quarter-century has seen an explosion in the number of Americans incarcerated, growing by 274 percent.

African-American adults are four times as likely as whites, One in 11 black adults-or 9.2 percent-was under correctional supervision at the end of 2007.

Record amounts are being spent to incarcerate and monitor the prison population. In fiscal year 2008, US states are estimated to have spent more than $52 billion, a more than 300 percent increase over 1988 spending.

State spending on prisons and supervision has grown at a faster rate than the budget increases for nearly all other government services

Kentucky in the past eight years put away to more than 22,000 inmates.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join