It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This tells you all you need to know about the American government

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
In case you want to continue following this bill...

www.opencongress.org...

Thanks for the link, I was just looking for this.

2% Users Support Bill
6 in favor / 336 opposed

Well, the people that voted here obviously differ in opinion from those that "represent" the American people.

GJ Rand.
edit on 7-12-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Paul didn't fight alone, before his amendment, 2 others sought to amend or defeat this unconstitutional bill - Feinstein and Udall. Senate Republicans and 16 dems defeated their measures. I give Paul kudos for his stance, as well as to Feinstein and Udall, and all those who voted to amend that bill.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Actually Feinstein later voted for bill 1867. Only these 7 voted against

Sen. Thomas Harken (IA), Rand Paul (KY), Thomas Coburn (OK), Jeff Merkley (OR), Ron Wyden (OR), Mike Lee (UT), and Bernard Sanders (VT). Voted NO.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

When the majority 50%+ of senators vote for something that basic and treasonous, you don't need a law degree to know that they are up to no good.

But the majority voted against it...what should that tell you?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

You are welcome.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dembow
reply to post by Vitchilo

If the Founding Fathers were alive today they'd be getting the muskets ready.
Tyrants are the real terrorists these days.

Here here!! But really believe our founding fathers would have taken up arm's a long time ago. Did they wait 10 years for the british to set up camp before attacking them? Nope... They started kicking there asses right off the boat.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The one thing I must argue with here is the assertion that free speech is abolished in the US. That is categorically UNTRUE - and our free speech is the only thing we have left.

I live in a country without free speech. A reporter was just sentenced to 6 months in prison for publishing a story that cast a minister (fairly) in a bad light. A blogger was sued for saying a restaurant had mediocre food.

When they take away free speech, then we truly are lost. Right now it's our only hope.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"Now you know why the MSM worked so hard trying to discredit Rand Paul so he wouldn't be elected... "

You do know that RAND Paul and RON Paul are two different people, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Well it might be a little unconstitutional but none of us knows what goes on behind closed doors whether it be for the good or bad. Fact of the matter is sure our gov't has #ed some things up but for the most part they have done a good job of keeping us safe. The gov't always has a reason and I'll take their side most of the time.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

it's not "a little unconstitutional" as you say it s even against basic humans rights:

Right to a fair trial Main article: Right to a fair trial Everyone is entitled in full equality to a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal, in the determination of his rights and obligations and of any criminal charge against him.[70]

and

Rights that cannot be derogated for reasons of national security in any circumstances are known as peremptory norms or jus cogens. Such United Nations Charter obligations are binding on all states and cannot be modified by treaty. Examples of national security being used to justify human rights violations include the Japanese American internment during World War II,[115] Stalin's Great Purge,[116] and the modern-day abuses of terror suspects rights by some countries, often in the name of the War on Terror.[117][118]

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

Maybe it is now time to distribute photos, all over the country, of the animals who voted for that amendment, with each photo having a target over their heads! Declare open season on them. They don't deserve to sleep easy at night any longer. They're not for America and probably all of them are dual citizens as well.
I bet I know where they'll all run to when the SHTF. Fairy tale land! They can still slaughter thousands of innocent people from there.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You should thank the majority of Democrats who voted this down.

While the democrats are bad, the republicans are worse. Thank God the repubs don't have a majority in the Senate.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The US goverment is like the Adult film industry, at the end of the day we all watch someone getting F*&%^D!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
... and the media never brought this to the attention of the American public. You can tell who's side their on!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
America is turning into a total disgrace at the hands of the very few in the government. The sad part? Nobody cares. If I was to go to work tomorrow and bring up this bill to try and educate the masses so we can avoid America imploding all i get is I'm an idiot and unpatriotic for not agreeing with every thing the government says.

Its amazing how the general population can tell you everything about Kim Kardashian but when it comes to important stuff that the government is trying to do secretly all I ever get is "huh?" This has to stop, there is information that the government put out there themselves that prove how evil and corrupt they are but people STILL will not believe it and STILL will not do research which keeps us all that realize whats going on trapped in the same box we've been in since we were born.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The only thing wrong with the bill is that people don't know how to read it...

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.–

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForestBehindTheTrees
America is turning into a total disgrace at the hands of the very few in the government. The sad part? Nobody cares. If I was to go to work tomorrow and bring up this bill to try and educate the masses so we can avoid America imploding all i get is I'm an idiot and unpatriotic for not agreeing with every thing the government says.

Its amazing how the general population can tell you everything about Kim Kardashian but when it comes to important stuff that the government is trying to do secretly all I ever get is "huh?"

Oh how true. I've tried only to fail. Mention the new IPhone though and everyone wants in on the conversation. I do have one coworker that has been listening so at least there's one more waking up.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What if they kill ron paul

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lostangel818

If they did; there might be the possibility that an armed insurrection would take place due to the fact that a lot of Ron Paul supporters were once or are active duty members within the US military. However, one would surmise that Ron Paul just isn't important enough to kill off just yet as he's not a Presidential candidate and it is yet to be seen whether or not he'll get the Republican candidacy.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

it seems it s not so clear if american citizen's are excluded:

There does not appear to be a territorial limitation on this directive, so it probably also applies within the United States. Sec. 1032 (b)(1) specifically states that the requirement to take to detain a person in military custody doesn’t extend to U.S. citizens. So, it’s not required, but does that mean it’s still allowable? Is it now OK to detain an American citizen in the U.S. without the traditional protections of the Bill of Rights?

Source
Harvard Law and Policy review

BTW I just googled to get more information on the bill and the amendment.
Google News returned zero source from mainstream media. Only listed the usual AJ, GLP and the likes.

So much for free media. (In all fairness in Europe sometimes you get different results than the US version, maybe you can approve/Falsify ?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join