This tells you all you need to know about the American government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+70 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This show what they really are, regardless of what they say, have said or done in the past and gives you a glimpse of what they will do in the future.

Rand Paul Blocks Attempt to Sneak Through Dangerous Amendment

On Thursday night, Senator Rand Paul blocked passage of an amendment that would have allowed the government to indefinitely detain American citizens until Congress declares the War on Terror to be over. These Americans would be detained even if they were tried and found not guilty.

I'll repeat : they would have kept you in jail FOREVER even if FOUND NOT GUILTY (if you ever had a trial to begin with).

And the vote :

An attempt was made to pass Amendment No. 1274 to the National Defense Authorization Act (S. 1867) by voice vote, but Senator Paul’s objection and request for a roll call vote ultimately led to the bill’s defeat by a final vote of 41-59.

It was defeated by ONE VOTE. ONE VOTE. I mean, that's basic. That's easy to understand. Anyone can see that this amendment is obviously unconstitutional. Yet it still nearly passed. Anyone still denying that congress has declared war on the American people, you can't deny anymore.

Those 59 people are the following : roll call vote

Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Blunt (R-MO)
Boozman (R-AR)
Burr (R-NC)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Enzi (R-WY)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lugar (R-IN)
Manchin (D-WV)
McConnell (R-KY)
Moran (R-KS)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Portman (R-OH)
Pryor (D-AR)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Rubio (R-FL)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Thune (R-SD)
Toomey (R-PA)
Vitter (R-LA)
Wicker (R-MS)

And ``only`` 59 voted for it because it was a roll call vote. I'm sure if it had been just a voice vote, as it would have been if Rand Paul hadn't force that, it would have passed.

When the majority 50%+ of senators vote for something that basic and treasonous, you don't need a law degree to know that they are up to no good.

My point is this... congress isn't incompetent or ignorant or sellouts, they are actively going fascist. Openly. Without any remorse. Plain and simple.

Now you know why the MSM worked so hard trying to discredit Rand Paul so he wouldn't be elected...

In other news, the whole bill, S.1867, still passed at 93-7 in the senate... so even if the previous amendment was defeated, the whole stinking bill still passed.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If the Founding Fathers were alive today they'd be getting the muskets ready.
Tyrants are the real terrorists these days.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This tells me that very few congressmen actually read the bills that come across their desk. They usually just look at it, say "hmm...looks like a good idea", and then vote on it. Most of them are just concerned with their next election.

/TOA

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Ron Paul is our last line of defense against the tyranny being pressed upon us. If he doesnt win I truly believe it will be time for Americans to take up arms and defend themselves. What other option will be left. And I am desperately afraid that even if RP wins he will be assassinated. Help us Ron Paul you're our ONLY hope!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The majority of our government is either corrupt, or is completely retarded and is going along with the "we need to protect us from terrorists by taking away our liberties" mentality. I'd say it's a little bit of both.

These are scary times we're living in, it seems like all of the pieces of the NWO puzzle are coming together. Things are only going to get worse. We have the government spying on us without a warrant and monitoring out conversations. Now people have to get their genitals grabbed when they want to fly on an airplane, which is another 4th Amendment violation, and those are moving to the highways now.

But they decided to go all in, and attack the 5th, 6th, and 7th Amendment, by giving the military the authority to imprison any person, whether American or not, anywhere in the world, for however long they want, because they think they're bad. The criteria for "terrorists" basically includes every American. If you have more than 7 days of food, own a weapon and ammunition, and make numerous refrences to the Constitution, you qualify as a terrorist suspect! :shk:

The smell of tyranny is in the air.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I for one already know all I need to know about the American Government.
I also know all I need to know about the average American citizen.

We will have our Constitution restored when we want it bad enough.
Right now, we just don't want it bad enough.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What is really sad is that, this treachery doesn't surprise me at all.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You got it backwards.

41 voted Yea (2 democrats, 38 republicans, 1 other) , 59 voted Nay (49 democrats, 9 republicans, 1 other).

More than half voted against it, not for it...and it wasn't one vote away from passing.
edit on 7-12-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have said it in the past ... and still today.

Without regret, and with conviction, There are traitors in our government. We all know what happens to traitors. More so, it starts with the top.

We need to stand up and take down this beast. We have the power, but are we willing to use it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
In all these protests, who is going after congress?
Who is occupying Capital Hill?
This is where all these treacherous laws are being passed, and Congress needs to answer for it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Watching the MSM I've noticed that they all actively denigrate Ron Paul and his chances for election. That tells me all I need to know. They can't control him, and that to them, would be unacceptable. They will try to stop him at all costs.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
So more then 80% of republicans voted for this law...and some democrats of course.

I wouldn't give any votes to any of those constitution offenders. They've either gone mad, are scared as # or being manipulated.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
All msm have actively blacked out any coverage of this bill, they are 'all in' when it comes to the shadow government. This upcoming election will be our last chance to stop the overthrow of our country. The majority of hardworking, barely keeping ends met Americans are being led down the path of destruction, without their even knowing it.'They' would have you believe that there's a difference 'tween fox and cnn or nbc, or whoever, but they're all bought and paid for. They're paid to stop Ron Paul, because he's the only man in the world right now that can stop them. Obama has continued Bushes policies like he never left office, and anyone of the media darlings will do exactly the same when elected, except for Mr. Paul.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am saying it since years, most people do not want to hear it and accuse me of american bashing.
But i will say it again (not against the american People, but for warning them)

The USA is heading down the same road that germany did in the 30ies when the nazis took over.
Also the germans could not believe it until it was too late and the ugly black shirt nazi scum was marching in the streets, silencing everyone who had the guts to speak up.

Look at the paralells:

- economy broke beyond repair
- free speech and individual rights abolished
- media under control
- 'democratic' elected rulers who do not give a bleep about the people
- militarization of the police
- citizens turned to spys (see something, say something)
- governemnt ruling by fear
- false flag attacks

This is how it goes. And if it is not stopped immediately it will turn out uglier than WWII.

And please refrain from the old Dems vs Reps game, they are just two heads of the same Hydra.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

It's not about the bill. It's about a one sentence amendment that's clearly unconstitutional and goes against everything the US population and constitution stands for.

Doesn't matter if they didn't read the bill to vote on that amendment. The amendment is one sentence and it says very clearly what it does. And they still voted for it.

reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You are right... sorry about that... I was very tired... it was 3AM after all.
The names mentioned are still the good ones. There's 41 of them instead of 59...
edit on 7-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

You are correct about the direction things are going...but it is already done.

I sense extreme volatility in the air and the desperation and flat out insanity of people full of greed and themselves.

Luckily, enough strong souls are available this time to chill the sheep out, we will NOT be assimilated.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Those who aren't blatantly corrupt have a gun to their back of the heads. Play along and sign your name to this bill.. or else.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In case you want to continue following this bill...

www.opencongress.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As far as im concerned there are no good candidates.With the world seeking answers and trying to stand on issues it makes sense to have a candidate like RP.Someone to have the people behind him.

If this government is corrupt ,and its my belief it is and has been for the majority of the last century,then they
have a system in place to make sure thier interests are taken care of.They have also had plenty of time to perfect this system.

Heres what i see.If he gets elected president our debt will skyrocket with him trying to win public appeal.We will thank him for it and in return he will seem just for anything he asks.

I do like ron paul but my gut tells me its alot of song and dance.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
wow 49 flags and not even a full page of comments...

this is my problem with this gov't anymore. Its not even a republic anymore. The gov't has allowed corporations to completly blind the people from whats going on. There is no participation in the laws in which we live under anymore unless you have invested a great deal of money in the market place.

no voices are heard, we all suffer for the betterment and welfare of the general people. I predict in the future this past decade and the following will be looked upon as our darkest hour.

vote for me for president so I can disenegrate all gov't, federal and state, and POUR money into education which will be our new information hub and eventually the new republic. I probably will be assainated in the process, but its the thought that is immortal not the person

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join