It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Drone Lost Over Iran Was On CIA Operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The US military has said a missing unmanned spyplane was involved in a joint CIA military operation on Afghanistan's border with Iran. The Pentagon has admitted the RQ 170 Sentinel drone is lost somewhere in Iran. But the US disputes Iranian claims to have shot down the state-of-the-art spy aircraft. News of the CIA involvement is causing controversy in Washington. Congressman Dennis Kucinich told Sky News the involvement of America's spy agency was a worrying development. "We have to be very careful that we don't stumble into a wider war here. If we are in Iran's airpace with anything that belongs to the US, that's a provocation," he said. The revelation coincides with speculation a covert war is being waged in Iran by America and Israel to thwart Iranian nuclear ambitions. A series of events remain unexplained. Iranian scientists have been assassinated, in one case by a bomb strapped to his vehicle by a hit team on a motorbike. A huge explosion at a top secret missile base in the Iranian desert appears to have killed the lead scientist on missile development. Mr Kucinich said he is worried these events mean the region is sliding towards greater conflict. "The events have been confirmed, so when you start to connect the dots, those dots start to spell the word war," he said. The US has justified the use of drones in Afghan airspace as necessary to keep watch over American forces, but CIA involvement seems to confirm their use to gather intelligence beyond the border with Iran. The Sentinel drone, thought to be 65ft in wingspan, is one of the world's most secret aircraft. Packed with surveillance electronics, it is capable of staying in the air for days.

Yahoo/Sky News

Not surprsing to me that the CIA were involved in this. So now we definately know a drone was lost in Iran. US are saying they lost it. Iran saying they shot it down. Probably impossible to tell who is telling the truth.

Either way the fact that the CIA are operating spy drones in Iranian airspace and that is now public knowledge can do no good for US/Iran relations and further pushes forwards the wheels of war in my opinion. I have to say fair play to sky news on this one for touching on a conspiracy angle without poking fun. (even though i hate sky with a passion).

I would just like to restate this quote

"The events have been confirmed, so when you start to connect the dots, those dots start to spell the word war,

This coming from a US congressman. So for all you people saying there is no chance of a war with Iran in the near future i think you should reconsider your position because i fully believe there is a very high possibility of this...and it wont be pretty for anyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If the CIA are involved then that means it could explod soon. what have they put in that dron

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thislifetimeismine

i honestly think it will explode and possibly turn into a large regional confilct... The US are not going in without the backing of nato and Iran has allies also im sure if US and Iran went to war a lot more countries would instantaniously be involved

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
OMG RLY?

Of course it was on a CIA Operation, what else would it be doing?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

well believe it or not but the CIA are not the only branch of US Military/Government to own spy drones and the drone could have been operated from any one of them

So the fact that the CIA are clearly publicly operating in Iran is quite telling to me tbh

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

You need a drone to be downed to know the CIA or operating in and around Iran?

Think you need to read some more news

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

key word there was PUBLICLY...but carry on trying to be condescending to me

and actually there hasnt really been any recent news about the CIA operatin in Iran until this drone

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Just look at the news references to the search CIA IRAN...

and the spike in 2010 was about the cia report on Iran

the 2011 spike...its this right here

clearly lots and lots of news about CIA operating in Iran

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets

Yeah, always a pleasure and a credit to ATS when we need such threads to state the obvious!

Besides, we have drones, before that we had spy planes flying all over the world, high above our enemies. Not to mention we have how many KH-11's in orbit taking photos? This is hardly cause for alarm, the Iranians are simply impressed with their ability to shoot down a drone. Good for them, they could use the target practice.
There is no reason to be alarmed by this. By the way, this is not te first time they have shot down a drone of ours.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Yeah, always a pleasure and a credit to ATS when we need such threads to state the obvious!

Besides, we have drones, before that we had spy planes flying all over the world, high above our enemies. Not to mention we have how many KH-11's in orbit taking photos? This is hardly cause for alarm, the Iranians are simply impressed with their ability to shoot down a drone. Good for them, they could use the target practice.
There is no reason to be alarmed by this. By the way, this is not te first time they have shot down a drone of ours.

well actually if your read the thread i was posting news which was reported by sky and comments from congressman kucinich...but if you want to jump on the band wagon and slate me for its fine

of course everybody knows the CIA are operating probably everywhere in secret but i think the situation somewhat changes when there is an official statement saying that CIA drones were scouting Iran

obviously you and the other poster disagree so i guess thats cool too

edit on 7/12/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel

well actually if your read the thread i was posting news which was reported by sky and comments from congressman kucinich...but if you want to jump on the band wagon and slate me for its fine

of course everybody knows the CIA are operating probably everywhere in secret but i think the situation somewhat changes when there is an official statement saying that CIA drones were scouting Iran

obviously you and the other poster disagree so i guess thats cool too

edit on 7/12/11 by moosevernel because: (no reason given)

I was mostly amused with the angle that this will somehow provoke the actual shooting war. I think the west has put up with quite a bit out of Iran lately, and showed a lot of restraint. It was actually amazing that no shots were fired from the Brit embassy. Anyway I just do not see this inciting a war. Iran seems willing to do that all by themselves.
edit on 7-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: spellinnnng

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

i think the idea is a combination of events including this one are the types of things that do lead to war, it only takes one bullet or rocket to ignite a war between two countries when tensions are high (as they are now)

and like i said in my OP i dont think a congressman would be saying things like that unless there was at least some possibility that a war might happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Actually, I do not mean to nitpick, but I think that a congressman saying that make the possibility even less likely. If war really was on the horizon I would expect complete silence.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by steppenwolf86

ha nitpicking is fine because we are on a debating website

i wouldnt expect complete silence from somebody on the inside who is trying to prevent a war from happening speaking out in hopes of bringing the situation to light

what is your take on the angle of 'a secret war being raged in iran by the US and israel' sky news seem to have taken

not really something i would expect to hear from them tbh

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Hah, maybe it is a counter to this article news.yahoo.com... t-163115911.html

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 7-12-2011 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Hah, maybe it is a counter to this article news.yahoo.com... t-163115911.html

links broke mate

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

hopefully fixed

top topics

join