It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Takes Major Step Toward Updating Narrow Definition Of Rape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

WASHINGTON WASHINGTON -- An FBI advisory board overwhelmingly voted to update the narrow, archaic way the agency defines rape on Tuesday, a move that women's rights advocates hailed as a long-overdue success.

Currently, the FBI defines rape as the "carnal knowledge of a female forcibly and against her will."

This definition, which has not been updated since 1929, is narrower than the one used by many police departments around the country, and women's rights advocates say it leads to the under-counting of thousands of sexual assaults each year.

At a meeting in Albuquerque, N.M. on Tuesday, the FBI's Criminal Justice Advisory Policy Board voted to change the definition of rape in its Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Summary Reporting System, following the recommendation of a lower panel in October. The new terminology says rape is "penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.".

LINK

So iv'e had a few chicks stay over a few times and some tend to wake me from my sleep at random times at night with oral sex. would that be considered rape, since it was "without my consent"?

edit on 7-12-2011 by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Did they talk to Cain......

Second and my one reply...because rape and molestation is different for politics.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

Any kind of unwanted contact should be punishable depending on how far the other person goes over their limits

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythicGopher

You know nothing of politics. Im certain your a normal person of some sort.....

that was a serious humor attempt...wanna keep it fun.....

Damn. Baited into a second reply.....Im serious ATS fodder......
edit on 7-12-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join