It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to support Afghanistan in accordance with its needs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
news.investors.com...

I was just sitting downstairs, smoking a cigar pondering,? What IF China was to allie up with Afghanistan,Iraq, or for that matter any country we have "punked" or pushed around, so I did a little search and found that link.So what happens if China decides to stick up for them as they did Iran and threaten the chance of WW3

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

I think Afghanistan needs all the help it can get and I seriously hope the Chinese will. Good find!

ETA China can supply good technology cheaply, along with many other cheap but essential goods, food and othjer supplies. I think China would be closer to Afghanistan's budget than most western countries in any case.
edit on 7/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mik3ymik3
news.investors.com...

I was just sitting downstairs, smoking a cigar pondering,? What IF China was to allie up with Afghanistan,Iraq, or for that matter any country we have "punked" or pushed around, so I did a little search and found that link.So what happens if China decides to stick up for them as they did Iran and threaten the chance of WW3

Well, like dropping a wad of hundred dollar bills in a refugee camp and expecting everyone to somehow forget they saw that....I think we sealed Afghanistan's fate beyond anything they've ever done to themselves, and you hit it right on the head here. Here is a bit more about how we did it to them:

The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves and enough to fundamentally alter the Afghan economy and perhaps the Afghan war itself, according to senior American government officials.

The previously unknown deposits — including huge veins of iron, copper, cobalt, gold and critical industrial metals like lithium — are so big and include so many minerals that are essential to modern industry that Afghanistan could eventually be transformed into one of the most important mining centers in the world, the United States officials believe.
Source Article

What a convenient thing for China to have discovered right on their border. China won't even be judgmental. What do they care about silly little things like human rights? It's a win/win for both nations as soon as everyone can get the U.S. to depart the whole region..... What comes to mind are some of the things China did in 'harvesting resources' in Tibet. If the Afghani's hated us, they're in for an entirely new definition of a bad deal.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What a convenient thing for China to have discovered right on their border. China won't even be judgmental. What do they care about silly little things like human rights? It's a win/win for both nations as soon as everyone can get the U.S. to depart the whole region..... What comes to mind are some of the things China did in 'harvesting resources' in Tibet. If the Afghani's hated us, they're in for an entirely new definition of a bad deal.

Absolutely..........

Heres what Afghanistan can expect.....................

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Call me careless, but for some reason this thought doesn't worry me one bit..I think it's time for the middle to start being developed and I'm sorry but we won't do it and they obviously wont do it so...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
Call me careless, but for some reason this thought doesn't worry me one bit..I think it's time for the middle to start being developed and I'm sorry but we won't do it and they obviously wont do it so...
I'll match you for being a little less than entirely concerned about their future there at this point........if the United States can just get out clean.

It's as important to the American public, in my opinion, that this *NEVER* be like the fall of Saigon in either Iraq or Afghanistan as it is for them to see us leave. Once my nation is clear of Central Asia, it's Russia's problem or China's problem..whichever wants it. None of our business... None at all.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentofchaos
I'll match you for being a little less than entirely concerned about their future there at this point........if the United States can just get out clean.

It's as important to the American public, in my opinion, that this *NEVER* be like the fall of Saigon in either Iraq or Afghanistan as it is for them to see us leave. Once my nation is clear of Central Asia, it's Russia's problem or China's problem..whichever wants it. None of our business... None at all.

As I posted at the beginning, what is China stands up for them againts the U.S because they cant do it themselves,,Thats when you should care In my opinion at least

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I just don't see it.... China has nothing to gain in that scenario. China wants us gone, not coming in with the mindset of blood scores to settle and national pride to set right. We cannot beat China on the ground on their own ground with conventional weapons. Thats just a point blank statement of truth and math. China outmans us so astronomically IF we are in THEIR sandbox that it's basically a short jump from shots fired to nuclear weapons used. Neither side wants that....

I think it more likely that China does what China has always been known best for in their looong history. Playing a grand game of chess from the background while others take the thumps. They'd be happy to see us get suckered into a fight with Pakistan on our way out though..and feed them all the weapons they can use to throw at us as we go. THAT I can see China doing....and maybe take Taiwan while we're so weak we can't do much to stop it right now, IMO....

The thing about this? Events are moving so fast, we won't have to wait long to find out who is right and wrong on this issue.....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I just don't see it.... China has nothing to gain in that scenario. China wants us gone, not coming in with the mindset of blood scores to settle and national pride to set right. We cannot beat China on the ground on their own ground with conventional weapons. Thats just a point blank statement of truth and math. China outmans us so astronomically IF we are in THEIR sandbox that it's basically a short jump from shots fired to nuclear weapons used. Neither side wants that....

I think it more likely that China does what China has always been known best for in their looong history. Playing a grand game of chess from the background while others take the thumps. They'd be happy to see us get suckered into a fight with Pakistan on our way out though..and feed them all the weapons they can use to throw at us as we go. THAT I can see China doing....and maybe take Taiwan while we're so weak we can't do much to stop it right now, IMO....

The thing about this? Events are moving so fast, we won't have to wait long to find out who is right and wrong on this issue.....

www.reuters.com... read that.Money talks and afghans are adding up their numbers with china

top topics

join