It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UBS's Hedge Against a Euro Collapse: "gold, Tin Goods, and Small Caliber Weapons!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
And here comes UBS to remind everyone that anything but a "fix" to a system that was broken from the very beginning, would be a catastrophe, captured probably the best in Hatheway's recommendations of assets to be bought as a hedge to a Euro collapse: "I suppose there might be some assets worthy of consideration—precious metals, for example. But other metals would make wise investments, too. Among them tinned goods and small calibre weapons." But even that is nothing compared to the kicker: "Break-up runs the risk of becoming one wretched scenario. Sadly, however, it can’t be ruled out, just as it would have been improper to rule out the horrors of the first half of the 20th century before they happened."

www.zerohedge.com...

WOW, This is a MAJOR bank tell people pretty much the world is going to end and start investing in gold, tin goods, and guns!. If im over blowing this please tell me where im stepping over the line.
edit on 6-12-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Sounds like they are worried to me, just ever so slightly. Gold is a terrible investment. The price has nothing to do with its real value as the price is dictated daily by 5 old, white, rich guys in some secluded office. There seems to be this "thing" about gold lately though. I really don't get it. You can't eat it, you can't build or make anything useful with it and you can't conduct electricity with it. Apart from the fact it is "worth" lots of money and is rare, what good is it to humanity?

I'd go with copper, aluminium, tin (but not for guns if that is also what it is used for), the regular metals, never gold.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Be prepared or prepare to be fleeced...Meh!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Why hasn't ZH provided a link or embedded the report like they did with the other one? Not suggesting they are lying, just that they usually link or embed the report. Sounds dramatic, and alarming considering who it is drafting the reports.

Man the system is just expanding beyond its capacity like a balloon about to burst. If there is any truth about TPTB wanting to introduce their NWO and OWG, well then they are certainly ensuring that this collapse will be massive beyond repair.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Sounds like they are worried to me, just ever so slightly. Gold is a terrible investment. The price has nothing to do with its real value as the price is dictated daily by 5 old, white, rich guys in some secluded office. There seems to be this "thing" about gold lately though. I really don't get it. You can't eat it, you can't build or make anything useful with it and you can't conduct electricity with it. Apart from the fact it is "worth" lots of money and is rare, what good is it to humanity?

I'd go with copper, aluminium, tin (but not for guns if that is also what it is used for), the regular metals, never gold.

Gold has many values and purposes. You really should google the uses of gold before spouting out non-sense you know nothing about.

Thanks to gold, you have a computer to type on, a cell phone to use and anything with an integrated circuit is a thanks to gold.

It never decays and we still don't fully understand its capabilities.

Oh and don't forget your T.V. Hell just to be Frank, all major electronics have gold in them....

I bet you didn't even think about that.....

And to the OP,

I would head to the 99 only store tomorrow and grab a bunch of food and water, cases of 12 bottles is like 2.99 + tax of course, i would if i had the money. And don't forget a nice pump 12GA they can use many different shells and since they are pump racking a new round in wont be unreliable, unless your gun is dirty, and yes if it is dirty IT WILL JAM.

edit on 7-12-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2011 by Quickfix because: a msg to the OP

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
When too big to fail banks say that, you ought to listen.

Especially when they say ``buy ammo, food and gold``... you know what is coming is real bad.

And the fact that a big bank says that makes you wonder... are they just full of arrogance to tell that to the sheeple or are we just THAT NEAR the total collapse?
edit on 7-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yeah that is a serious issue.

If no one sees that as a warning they are going to need serious help in the near future and I hope they can do it on their own, cause no one will be there to give anything to anyone.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I'd just like to point out your ignorance about something you know nothing about, me. I have no TV, I have no mobile phone and I fail to see when money is scarce what practical value gold has to people. You miss my point completely in order to spout a diatribe. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Gold has it's uses but in an end game scenario it's worthless. Honestly I'd rather have a pound of lead than a pound of gold, I can make bullets with the lead.

Big question: Would you rather have a pound of gold or a pound of pasta in a survival scenario? 12 ounces of gold or 12 ounces of water?

The choices are easy and it's funny how those with gold are dumping it on the sheeple.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Feltrick

Gold has it's uses but in an end game scenario it's worthless. Honestly I'd rather have a pound of lead than a pound of gold, I can make bullets with the lead.

Big question: Would you rather have a pound of gold or a pound of pasta in a survival scenario? 12 ounces of gold or 12 ounces of water?

The choices are easy and it's funny how those with gold are dumping it on the sheeple.

for those who prep, like myself, I have all what i need to live in the SHTF life. But what do i do with the extra money after i bought all my goods.... i put it in gold and silver. Non of this " your rather have this and that" I have both!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Wow....

your ignorance reminds me of this.......

Oh and yeah you still have a computer don't forget that....

I would go on to say more about your ignorant post, but "Some men you just can't reach."

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

And its funny how the sheeple still buy the gold, so selling it shouldnt be a problem.

And a pound of lead is worthless without the other ingredients to make bullets.

And that pound of Lead will ruin your barrel on your gun.

Its why bullets have copper coatings....

And a pound of pasta will sure get nasty after a few days, not to mention its all carbs and no protein...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yeah, its good to have money or some kind of trade when SHTF, cause when it does money will still have temporary use for a limited time on the weak minded/ greedy.

And yes Both is nice to have, not one or the other.

I really dislike when people put other people into hypothetical situations of one or the other not both, it just goes to show how ignorant people really can be.

edit on 8-12-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix

And a pound of pasta will sure get nasty after a few days, not to mention its all carbs and no protein...

What are you on about?
Though you can buy or make fresh pasta, most people here buy dried pasta. Have you not heard of this where you are? I have plenty of dried pasta in my stores (and yes, some protein too). The pasta is good for another year or so. It's not going to 'get nasty' any time soon

edit on 8-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Lead won't ruin a muzzleloader (or a Mosin Nagant) which I can use to get protien for my pasta. Dried pasta will last a while.

If the world truly collapses gold will be worthless, skills will be the new money. I would even say a roll of toilet paper will be worth a pound of gold, at least TP has a use!

One thing I can bet on, folks who are hoarding gold will have a lot of broken teeth when starvation forces them to try and eat it....okay, that's pretty extreme.
edit on 8-12-2011 by Feltrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Yeah, but cooking it individual meals each time will take up water.

And water is more precious than food.

And i would rather get canned potatoes at the 99 only store then get a pound of pasta.

Canned foods are easier, you have the water the food all you need to do is cook it.

And storage is more convenient since its one meal per can.

Dried foods are a good thing to have, but i'd rather have dried fruits then pasta, atleast you can eat them on the go w/ out cooking.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

And just how much gold is in that computer then? Do you even know? Do you know how hard and costly it is to reclaim that gold? No I thought not.
Keep up with the personal attacks and completely missing the point though,

new topics

top topics

join