It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive rise in Pneumonia cases in USA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well I noticed a facebook Lulzsec comment:

ALERT: Please check your local news outlets for unusual reports of pneumonia and report back here if you hear anything.

And more than 120 people had replied - some saying 'yeah I know someone with pneumonia' etc

But someone also posted this link:

www.cfnews13.com...

There's been a recent spike in visits to emergency rooms, and numerous Centra Care's are reporting whopping increases in pneumonia cases.

The Azalea Park and Waterford Lakes Centra Care locations have seen a 400 percent increase in pneumonia cases, mainly kids.

The Sanford, Conway and Hunter's Creek Centra Care's have seen a 200 percent increase in pneumonia-related illnesses.

Now without any evidence I can only speculate - but have these kids recently had any injections? What about your areas in America - have their been any increased rate of pneumonia related illnesses?

Why would Lulzsec speculate on this? I notice a few people on that page are asking the question. I won't link to it - but it's very easy to find, just look for the 'Lulzsec' causes page on facebook.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hmm I am wondering if this is a precursour to an outbreak of the new swine flu strand. I always worry when there is medical news like this anymore because there is such a high chance of something really bad happening.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Hmmmm......lets see...

In November, Pfizer ($PFE) won expert backing for the use of its vaccine Prevnar 13 to protect adults over 50 from pneumococcal infections. If the FDA agrees with the panel's decision--and it usually does--Pfizer could have an expanded approval of the blockbuster vaccine in hand by January. That could translate into as much as $2 billion in additional sales for the pharma giant, which lost patent protection for Lipitor this week.

www.fiercebiotech.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It wouldn't surprise me. We are taught to eat fast and junk food, and without a healthy immune system to fight these infections off, we should expect to see more sickness.

Especially now that pizza is a vegetable, this countries mindset on what passes for healthy food is going to keep degrading and sickness will rise.

Healthy drink is Gatorade! Its got electrolytes, its what plants crave!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Its funny you mention this. My son is just getting over pneumonia. A week and half ago, we took him to his pediatrician, as he has had a persistant cough for a week prior. Ped gave him a script for Budisonide for the cough, and sent him on his way saying he was fine. They listened to his lungs etc, but didn't give a chest x-ray, which, apparently, is the only surefire way to tell if pneumonia is present.
Well, last Wednesday evening, he had a fever of 102.3, that, an hour after being given a fever reducer had only subsided to 101.9. We took him into the ER and they did a chest x-ray. He had pneumonia SET IN to his lungs. Not just a touch.
The ER doc was puzzled though, because my son, although coughing a lot, was very active, and according to him, he should have been laid out on the gurney, hardly able to breathe/move around. Yet he was bouncing all around the ER.
Admittedly, he had perked up since I had taken his temp at home. As soon as he got in the car, he livened up. He was pretty lethargic at home.
ER doc gave him a breathing treatment and a slug of prednisone. He sent him home with us as my son is deathly afraid of needles and the doc didn't see the need to admit him for an IV, as he wasn't showing the normal signs of a patient with pneumonia. The ER doc told us that its not because they weren't worried about him, but they wanted to keep him out the hospital.
Since then, our son has been on 3 ml of Agumentin twice daily, 5 ml of Biaxa twice daily, budisonide inhalant via a nebuliser twice daily and xopenex via a nebuliser twice daily.
He went to his ped today for a follow up. His oxygen level is back to pre-pneumonia levels, his lungs sound very clear, but the doc wants him to stay on the budisonide throughout the winter season and recommended a flu shot, as he is classed as high risk due to the pneumonia.
He hasn't had any shots, other than his normal vaccine shots required for school back in Sept.

Sorry for the long ramble.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Well if it's true it's no doubt the fault of all the IQ lowering conspiracy theories about immunisations killing people. You don't get immunised against things like the flu and then it turns into things like pneumonia. And no I don't care if all the unrealistic uneducated people who are hell bent on destroying reason don't like what I just said. You're not worth responding to. I don't care how much you edit the post before you respond to it with an ignorant response.
edit on 6-12-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

There is the spread of that infectious fungus in Or maybe elsewhere could be one cause.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My little bro and my gfs friends little bro were just getting over it last week. Not sure if there is a conspiracy involved, but i found it odd that two people in a very close circle at a young age had come down with it recently.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Hey Liz, been awhile. not a great thread do to a lack of text, but you know what they say about opinions.

Star and a Flag anyway because I know it takes guts to post a thread like this. Also, I know this is pretty much your style. To the point mostly.

This type of post is how people might get ahead of the curve so to speak. I wouldn't dare knock that. You might remember this.
edit on 7-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I know of someone I need to alert. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey Liz, been awhile. not a great thread do to a lack of text, but you know what they say about opinions.

Star and a Flag anyway because I know it takes guts to post a thread like this. Also, I know this is pretty much your style. To the point mostly.

This type of post is how people might get ahead of the curve so to speak. I wouldn't dare knock that. You might remember this.

I know of someone I need to alert. Thanks.

....Huuuh??

For a moment there, I thought I was on Facebook, Twitter or some other lame social network site....sheesh!!

ATS provides a u2u option and a comments wall for this type of communication - does it not??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Well, he/she did provide a link to a relevant thread - whilst your post was completely off topic - let's not throw stones in glasshouses please.

Has anyone else any information on this please?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Perhaps

Well, he/she did provide a link to a relevant thread - whilst your post was completely off topic - let's not throw stones in glasshouses please.

Has anyone else any information on this please?

The "relevant thread" appears to be directed to you if I'm not mistaken.

Now, back on topic.

Now without any evidence I can only speculate - but have these kids recently had any injections?

Highly speculative to say the least - what type of "injections" are you alluding to??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
God forbid the crap coming out of the jets is a part of this. Chemtrails ? Contrails ? Either one could be a delivery system. We know how much the NWO loves People and Population.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Around 11/11/11 I was at a pool tournament in Goldsboro N.C. Suddenly I got really sick for 24 hrs .Flu like symptoms. My Backer got it as well the same weekend. Since that day I have been coughing up crap just a little everyday. Sounds like sludge in my lungs .Could this be Pneumonia? I have heard alot of people with this hack lately as well so I dont think its just me. I would love to get rid of the hack permanently because I have never had a problem before.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Listen, don't get arsey - i wasn't trying to be funny - So what if that member was a bit personal to me, the thread linked was ABOUT pneumonia and curing it.

As for injections etc - I honestly don't know , hence the speculation, I cannot be clearer, I made this thread to get info - hence me asking questions. I appreciate your input - Let's not argue eh? life is too short, let's hear what other members have to say.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Around 11/11/11 I was at a pool tournament in Goldsboro N.C. Suddenly I got really sick for 24 hrs .Flu like symptoms. My Backer got it as well the same weekend. Since that day I have been coughing up crap just a little everyday. Sounds like sludge in my lungs .Could this be Pneumonia? I have heard alot of people with this hack lately as well so I dont think its just me. I would love to get rid of the hack permanently because I have never had a problem before.

I'm no doctor so I don't wanna give any unqualified advice, but if you feel unusual - try and research your symptoms, if you feel worse see your doctor. Hope you get better soon

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

As for injections etc - I honestly don't know

Thank you for replying to my question.

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Thanks mr.Lizard. Hope your doing good my friend, and as always you post an important thread to ATS. You do a great job.
As far as the sickness is concerned I am defenitly seeing something new arrive in the population with this hacking cough syndrome going around. Something is fishy in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I saw the Lulzsec alert on my feed this morning and came here to see if anyone had any more info. This is what I got- My boyfriend came back to Kansas from Iraq November 7th, two days later he was coughing and hacking up junk. I got sick with the same 2-3 days after he did and both of us were sick for well over a week. One of my best friends had "walking" pneumonia for about two weeks.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I got pneumonia back in October. It was the first time
I had ever been that sick with something serious.
I'm a 23 yr old healthy female. It literally came out
Of nowhere. The doc said I probably got it from
A sneeze or something(which grosses me out), but
I guess that was the best thing we could come up with
as far as reasons of how I got it. However I still have my
questions because pneumonia sneaks in when your immune
system is down. I was perfectly healthy and fine, so I don't know.

Oh and I just want to say, pneumonia makes you
feel like you're dying. I didn't have walking pneumonia,
I forgot what kind, but I literally wanted to go to sleep
and never wake up. If it wasn't for my husband taking me
to the urgent care, I would've been in serious trouble.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Pinkgomo653 because: pneumonia sucks

top topics

<<   2 >>

join