It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan: "There Will Be Civil War"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Afghanistan: "There Will Be Civil War"

www.testosteronepit.com

But U.S. and German military and intelligence officials apparently have a much more pessimistic view: Bild, the largest German newspaper—a broadsheet tabloid—has obtained a number of classified documents (Bild, article in German) and decided to make them public "because they prove what no one wants to know."

Among them was a joint analysis by the German military and the US military that predicted that insurgents could regain power in Afghanistan when NATO troops are withdrawn. Bild quoted from the report: "After the end of the occupation by the ISAF in 2014, the leaders of the insurg
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bild.de

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The picture that is painted behind scenes at the tea cozzies and champagne at the "Laying the foundation for a better future of Afghanistan" meeting of a thousand posh delegates is a bit sobering. The relations with Pakistan are in tatters. Afganistan will be at war for years.. The Chinese are drawing the line in Iran.. and the Empire is in the midst of its greatest financial challenge..

www.testosteronepit.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think the thread is right on. I really fear the world will look back on the Iraq and Afghan wars as the worst things to ever happen in that part of the world for modern times. Not for what has already occurred in those places, however bad it's been.....but what it yet to come.

U.S. forces will be out of Iraq by Dec, 31. Which is more likely here? All the insurgents just gave up the life of a fighter and picked up farming or basket weaving in a nation with no employment? Or.....They FINALLY figured out that if they just play possum for awhile and behave, we'd pick up all our toys and go home sooner than later? I'm betting door number two...and I pity the Embassy staff in January. That won't be a nice place.

Afghanistan will probably be moved up...and pretty quickly..when Obama sees Iraq revert to something worse than the bad old days of 2004. Pakistan is already sending him nasty notes on his blackberry and he actually spent time there as a kid. That probably really offends Obama. I'm serious on that...He really does care about image. So he won't have much patience for playing out Afghanistan longer than Iraq going down the hole gives him the excuse for. That's how I see it playing out....

Then you're 100% right. Afghanistan falls right back into the Wild West nightmare with modern weapons that it was between the withdrawal of the Soviets and the take-over of the Taliban. I'm SURE the 10's of thousands who've worked with us or helped us in any way will be forgiven right? Arabs are all real understanding and forgiving people...aren't they? Worse than Vietnam... It hasn't happened yet, but thats a technicality for the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
the western puppets and their supporters will be tossed out of afghanistan once u.s and nato pull out.

afghanistan has never been conquered by a foriegn army and never will be.
the afghan people are fiercely independent and will fight till every last invader and their puppets are removed from the country.

pity the u.s didnt study history and what happened to past would-be conquerers in afghanistan...it would have saved them their second costly mistake after vietnam.

some peoples will fight for freedom from outside oppression at all cost...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
the place(S) is(are) still full and will continue to be full of
mercenaries

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

They were conquered by the Taliban. Don't know what else to say since your facts are wrong. They were also conquered by Al Qaeda. They have been occupied over and over again in fact. The people simply try and survive surrounded and controlled by whichever group has control at the moment.

The reason those groups were there is there was no central government to contend with and they could do whatever they wished with the population by menacing them.

The only people who cared about them for the most part are Heroine addicts and the drug dealers they sold to, to fund their respective Jihads. No real country has existed there for some time.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

did you miss the cia plane that went down in mexico last year with four tons of uncut coke on board
the taliban had almost eliminated the opium growing which was one of the main Reasons the US has been used to go in there and is now guarenteeing the delivery of RECORD CROPS of opium to the ahem ethnic mafia

now the US and the zioist banking community needs that money because the to big to fails can't exist with out the massive drug laundering money

also there was the memo regarding the US creation of the Taliban and the Nato backing of the Al CIA DUH! in Libya
edit on 6-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
what if China decides ro allie up with afghanastan?? and tells the U.S to get out or get bombed??than what, who knows.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

The thread title should really read....

Afghanistan "will Return to Civil War"

Before NATO got involved, the minority [Mostly foreign non Afghan] ruling Taliban were in a civil war with the Afghan "Northern Alliance" who were the internationally recognized legitimate Government of Afghanistan and before that the Soviets were fighting the Mujahadeen who had US/Western Support and before that....and before that....

Get the picture?
edit on 7-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're absolutely right if one stops to think about it. They have been in continuous warfare in Afghanistan since the Soviets invaded. Things weren't exactly paradise there before that either or the Soviets wouldn't have been able to pony up the pretext to invade them in the first place. Wow... I can't imagine living a life where multiple generations have known nothing but fighting or working to avoid fighting, all the time.

How did we ever think we'd make a difference there? We went to kill some specific people. We should have accomplished that real simple, focused and understandable mission and wished them all good luck in working things out some day themselves. I think everyone would have been better off 10 years later here.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Umm, whoever the authour of the article is but they are an absolute idiot.

Afghanistan has been under some form of civil war and disarray since the fall of the monarchy in 1973
edit on 7-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Blaine91555

did you miss the cia plane that went down in mexico last year with four tons of uncut coke on board
the taliban had almost eliminated the opium growing which was one of the main Reasons the US has been used to go in there and is now guarenteeing the delivery of RECORD CROPS of opium to the ahem ethnic mafia

now the US and the zioist banking community needs that money because the to big to fails can't exist with out the massive drug laundering money

also there was the memo regarding the US creation of the Taliban and the Nato backing of the Al CIA DUH! in Libya
edit on 6-12-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

I did not even express an opinion relevant to what you answered. I simply pointed out the real history of the region. The only relevant response would be to point out I'm factually wrong about what I did say.

I responded to a person who claimed that country has never been conquered when in fact it has been so often no central government has existed in some time.

Nothing you responded with is relevant to that.

new topics

top topics

join