It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Ronald Reagan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Video says it all.

Wilkerson and Parry on Reagan centenary: Many of today's catastrophes traced to Reagan's Presidency.

So many people simply do not realize that what a president does today affects us 30 years down the line.

People that are closed minded and hold a core belief and don't want to really learn the real facts will skip this.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge.

Reagan was not a good president in my opinion.

Most people are so easily fooled.
edit on 7-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am reminded of this, and he's actually right:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theicc
Reagan? Ha ha, he was a joke. His brand of BS is nothing short of a strong contributor to the current situation.

Yes, we need a hero; a Reagan-esque figure is nothing of the sort.

I will be voting to re-elect President Obama because he tries hard and done a ton to help the country get out of Bush's slump.

Are you serious about obama, thats a terrible decision. Ron paul or die

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by theicc

Okay, since I'm living in American right this very second, and I'm looking around, and everything either seems to be the same or worse. Please tell me, in your infinate Obama-wisdom, what this man has done for me, and the rest of the country? What has he done that is so great? What has he done that's pulled us out of "Bush's mess?"

I am eagerly awaiting your reply.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think I pulled all the Reagan haters out.

Just go vote for Sir Golfsalot and save us your drivel.

The current loser that resides in the same household of men that were far better than he has played 88 rounds of golf since being elected king.

I love golf. I'm horrible at it but nothing compares to looking down the fairway of the 3d hole on a sunny day. I haven't played 88 rounds of golf in my LIFE. Know why? I have a job.

You'd think that the president would be a tough job requiring every moment of your day. Not so if you're a liberal commie marxist progressive scumbag. In that case, you have all the time in the world to do nothing but campaign for reelection (because it's the only thing you know how to do) and play golf.

Obama is a loser that was catapulted to fame by a foundation of losers.

He's a coward.
edit on 7-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by mastahunta

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by mastahunta
reply to post by tangonine

And conservative who exalt the liberal Reagan are even more !
How do you like those 11 tax increases?

How do you like not being able to buy health insurance?

"The share of the income tax burden borne by the top 10 percent of taxpayers increased from 48.0 percent in 1981 to 57.2 percent in 1988. Meanwhile, the share of income taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers dropped from 7.5 percent in 1981 to 5.7 percent in 1988. "

You tell me, smartypants.
I suppose I am responsible for health insurance companies
raising their premiums over 120% in the last ten years?

and what you liberals fail to understand is those of us that actually earn a living

Those of you that actually earn a living? You mean some Americans conjure money with a divining rod?

we just want that money spent well (i.e. not Solyndra, or Fast and Stupid, or to pad the coffers of corrupt union officials).

You mean like Reagan arming the Taliban? Or funding death squads in Nicaragua? Or selling arms to
Iran during the Iran Iraq war? Or the war on drugs, that really was a great use of money...

Or how about going to the wrong country in the middle east, in response to 9/11, and spending nearly two
trillion dollars?

Is all of that money spent well? We are still fighting the very same people Reagan helped train and arm.

You can have your tunnel visions all you want, doesn't change the truth one bit.

Who needs reality, when it just feels so good?

edit on 7-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

Oh. You're one of those conspiracy people. Noted.

and yes, many lazy americans use a "divining rod" it's called never paying taxes and living off welfare. And since you welfare hippies are so attuned to where my money goes, aren't you even the least bit pissed that Obama gave it all to "green" companies that were just a sham?

How much good could those billions have done had they actually been funneled to useful purposes?

Nope. Not obama... he's taking your taxes and giving that money to his union buddies. Scream all you like about how eeeevil the small government conservatives are infringing on your right to be an idiot, but it won't change the fact you're being robbed blind.

No, I am not a conspiracy person, what conspiracy are you speaking of? You are
trying to marginalize my information so you can feel good about yourself, doesn't
make you a more informed man, however.

I dont even know what the rest is all about, we are talking about Reagan being a big spending,
fake ass fiscal conservative and you are pissing all over the place for fun, although I reckon
you hit your eye several times with that wild flourish.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan is only propped up by a misinformation campaign of the super rich who benefited from his policies that hurt those at the lower end of the economy scale. The aiding of the super rich continue with Reaganomics Trickle Down policies and the hurting of the lower end of the economic scale continues to be hurt.

Why was Reagan so great? The answer is...he was not.

(Party prejudice and love are blind).

Has the Opening Poster actually done research before stating his opening statement?

Reagan spent billions to bring Osama to power see the video at 2:53

I also note that babies born during his Presidency now have this attitude of me, myself at any cost - by any means justify the end, in other words, no morality, no heart - the beginning of the age of the conservatives with no conscience.

excerpts from the book, "Conservatives Without Conscience" by John Dean

p23
Today's conservatives - especially social conservatives, as opposed to intellectuals and the more thoughtful politicians - define themselves by what they oppose, which is anything and everything they perceive to be liberal. That category includes everyone from Democrats to anyone with whom they disagree, and can, therefore, automatically be labeled a liberal.

p23
Antipathy to liberalism has been present from the outset of the conservative movement but it only became a powerful unifying influence in the early 1980s.

p24
Many conservatives are simply entertained by reading conservative authors or hearing conservative talk-show hosts rant about liberals. The exaggerated hostility also apparently satisfies a psychological need for antagonism toward the out group, reinforces the self-esteem of the conservative base, and increases solidarity within the ranks.

p43
The lesson of [Stanley Milgram's] work was that ordinary people, simply doing their jobs, without any particular hostility on their part, can become agents in a terribly destructive process... [Stanley] Milgram revealed that for a remarkable number of people, it is very difficult to disobey authority figures, but quite easy for them to set aside their conscience.

p44
Linguistics expert George Lakoff reports in 'Moral Politics: How Liberals and Conservatives Think' that the language and thinking of contemporary conservatism is, essentially, authoritarian. The conservative's worldview draws on an understanding of the family that follows "a Strict Father model." (By way of comparison, he noted, the liberal worldview draws on a very different ideal, "the Nurturant Parent model.") Lakoff contends that the organizing ideal of conservatism is the strict father who stands up to evil and emerges victorious in a highly competitive world. In the terms of this model, children are born bad and need a strict father to teach them discipline through punishment. Source: Book, "Conservatives Without Conscience" by John Dean

"Most Americans have no idea that what we are fed by the news media is nothing more than a portrayal of what powerful corporations want us to believe, that what happens to pass as education is as often as not mere propaganda, that what we learn in church may have very little or nothing to do with the truth, that what our parents teach us may be nothing more than an accumulation of their own personal biases, no doubt a rather subtle modification of what they were taught by their parents. And through such a process, governments and nations around the world wield control as to what their citizens, believe, value, and do." - Doug Soderstrom

Myself, I find most are Republican, Southern and Born Again Christians and do not read extensively, they watch CNN or Fox News, read the newspaper (which are all owned by 5 large corporations)...........but that is my own personal observation.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge.........it's easy to just vote like good old dad did.

Conservatives Without Conscience Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

This is an excellent book and I highly suggest The Opening Poster and all those that starred this person read John Dean's book..............and do the research.

Again, Reagan was a horrible president. But hey, Americans go for the tough cowboy vs the intelligent nerd and that is why we are in the mess we are in.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan was no Hero.

He kicked the can down the road.

He ended the old Federal Civil Service Retirement System and now Federal workers only have a retirement consisting of Social Security, what little money they put away into their TSP account.

He let Veterans Affairs start seeing Veterans for NON-service connected healthcare needs so the Government could bill their 3rd Party Insurance, and make money selling them drugs for their NON-service connected healthcare needs. The VA had posters up shortly after touting they were making BILLIONS.

He had the Federal Agencies create their own Trust Funds to live off of and go invest it so they could fund their retirements. The DOD Military Retirement Trust Fund has enough money in it to pay the Military Retiree's for 8+ years without 1 penny of Federal Appropriations.

They made that money by doing evil things. Investing in Pharmacuticals that pushed things like Bextra and Vioxx...knowing it was giving people heart attacks...they allowed it to keep getting peddled so they could make Billions.........killing Americans.

That's 1 example of many schemes.....making money killing Americans....All thanks to Ronald Reagan.

The Worst President in US History. America would have been better off going thru a bankruptcy along with Russia when it did. Now Russia has no debt and we're buried in it

People only think Ronald Reagan was a good President because they never took 15 minutes to read about what he did. He brought about the killing of our own citizens to keep us going. People in the know are rolling in money while the sheeple can't even have homes now, never will retire, and will be killed by their own country through various schemes created to generate wealth.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

There's Mr.We Do Not Negotiate With Terrorists.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The era of Reagan is over and done. The God Reagan destroyed the nation as he's a predominant cause for this mess we all are in!

The slippery slope that we are now feeling the end result of were all started by him. He was put in the spot to act the role.
edit on 27-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join