It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a Ronald Reagan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666

So you have the very rich who dont want to spend too much on salaries, yet somehow they want profits, which means they want people to consume, now we are approaching the end result of it all.

Also you did not put anything out in favor of Reagan in therms of his policies. It is true, that he was a charismatic leader, however I dont see how a charismatic leader is going to help just by oozing charisma.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

fore!

let's invest in high speed rail!

And then we'll... oh... is it time for AF-1 to take off and whisk me away to golf? sheesh! Gotta go. This is a really hard job, doing nothing but collecting a paycheck. These 17 vacations in 3 years are really wearing me down. Hawaii, Spain... that flight on AF-1 just really sucks the life out of you, with the personal chef and fine wines on the taxpayers' dime. Hard job!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by mastahunta
reply to post by tangonine

And conservative who exalt the liberal Reagan are even more !
How do you like those 11 tax increases?

How do you like not being able to buy health insurance?

"The share of the income tax burden borne by the top 10 percent of taxpayers increased from 48.0 percent in 1981 to 57.2 percent in 1988. Meanwhile, the share of income taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers dropped from 7.5 percent in 1981 to 5.7 percent in 1988. "

You tell me, smartypants.
I suppose I am responsible for health insurance companies
raising their premiums over 120% in the last ten years?

and what you liberals fail to understand is those of us that actually earn a living

Those of you that actually earn a living? You mean some Americans conjure money with a divining rod?

we just want that money spent well (i.e. not Solyndra, or Fast and Stupid, or to pad the coffers of corrupt union officials).

You mean like Reagan arming the Taliban? Or funding death squads in Nicaragua? Or selling arms to
Iran during the Iran Iraq war? Or the war on drugs, that really was a great use of money...

Or how about going to the wrong country in the middle east, in response to 9/11, and spending nearly two
trillion dollars?

Is all of that money spent well? We are still fighting the very same people Reagan helped train and arm.

You can have your tunnel visions all you want, doesn't change the truth one bit.

Who needs reality, when it just feels so good?

edit on 7-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Gipper was the ultimate bought and paid for President.

He wasn't even a Lawyer ! But a failed TV/Movie Actor.

And Actor he was....Wall St. said "JUMP!" and the Gipper said " How High ?"

Sorry but any of these Presidents who had attended Bohemian Grove before becoming President are the same as what we have ....just a different flavor of Cola....Coca Cola ....or ....Pepsi Cola.

We need the Un-Cola called Ron Paul for President !

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Actually America is still helping the very people who fight American troops, through direct involvement. Poison Pill, if it takes security to operate and you can provide the muscles, but others cant you are the only one who can play there. You cant blame that on Reagan.
edit on 7-12-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

And conservative who exalt the liberal Reagan are even more !
How do you like those 11 tax increases?

How do you like not being able to buy health insurance?

"The share of the income tax burden borne by the top 10 percent of taxpayers increased from 48.0 percent in 1981 to 57.2 percent in 1988. Meanwhile, the share of income taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers dropped from 7.5 percent in 1981 to 5.7 percent in 1988. "

You tell me, smartypants.
I suppose I am responsible for health insurance companies
raising their premiums over 120% in the last ten years?

and what you liberals fail to understand is those of us that actually earn a living

Those of you that actually earn a living? You mean some Americans conjure money with a divining rod?

we just want that money spent well (i.e. not Solyndra, or Fast and Stupid, or to pad the coffers of corrupt union officials).

You mean like Reagan arming the Taliban? Or funding death squads in Nicaragua? Or selling arms to
Iran during the Iran Iraq war? Or the war on drugs, that really was a great use of money...

Or how about going to the wrong country in the middle east, in response to 9/11, and spending nearly two
trillion dollars?

Is all of that money spent well? We are still fighting the very same people Reagan helped train and arm.

You can have your tunnel visions all you want, doesn't change the truth one bit.

Who needs reality, when it just feels so good?

edit on 7-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

Oh. You're one of those conspiracy people. Noted.

and yes, many lazy americans use a "divining rod" it's called never paying taxes and living off welfare. And since you welfare hippies are so attuned to where my money goes, aren't you even the least bit pissed that Obama gave it all to "green" companies that were just a sham?

How much good could those billions have done had they actually been funneled to useful purposes?

Nope. Not obama... he's taking your taxes and giving that money to his union buddies. Scream all you like about how eeeevil the small government conservatives are infringing on your right to be an idiot, but it won't change the fact you're being robbed blind.
edit on 7-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
We need an old ex actor as president?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Tax raising, Union supporting, Environment saving Reagan?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct. What the U.S needs is another brain-dead (I've often wondered how the conclusion was reached that rayguns had Alzheimer's - I mean how could you tell? This, after all was an extremely stupid individual.), corporate owned sleaze. BTW - have you been down to the Savings and Loan lately?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse
Tax raising, Union supporting, Environment saving Reagan?

When did reagan support unions?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You've got to be kidding right?

Sorry in my opinion, Reaganomics or the trickle down theory does not work.

Watch this video..................do the research.

How Reaganomics Destroyed The Middle Class...And Maybe America

And you've got stars

The National Debt went up under: Carter 41%, Reagan 186%, Bush Sr. 53%, Clinton 40%, Bush W. 77%.

Do Republicans want to have the Chinese take over greater parts of America by skyrocketing our debt just to give the rich a new Mercedes every year with OUR MONEY?!? Trickle down doesn't work. Bush was proof of that, having created less jobs than any President since Herbert Hoover. That's right FDR created more jobs in his 1st term, before the WWII & during the Great Depression! Rich invest their money overseas, places like...China!

Reagan began the era of "I don't care about anything or anybody but me, myself and I.

I suggest you read Robert Scheer's book, "The Great American Stickup"

So many people think that what the President does today affects us tomorrow.........wrong, it may take 8-20 years before the effects of a Presidential policy show up.

Americans tend to go for the BSers vs. the intelligent people.

Reagan in my opinion, after Bush Jr. murdered our economy.

We're now in the process, after Bush of burying it.

The cartoon below is called, The Trickle Down Theory.

edit on 7-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorps0311

He was mentally out of it back than.

The OP should do some serious research.

For your reply

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sadly, I don't believe Reagan could lead this country out of the mess it is in now.

Nice thought though.

He was the last real leader this country had, possibly the last we will ever have.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is why I keep hoping Puerto Rico Governor Luis Fortuno will run for president. He's a Republican - a conservative Republican - and he is certainly eligible as Puerto Ricans are natural born US citizens. Unfortunately he has decided to run for a 2nd term to focus on the island becoming the 51st state.

Maybe in 2016 ...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
YES WE NEED MORE IRAN CONTRA

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The myth of Reagan as a good President

Take a look at this chart, look at national debt per president National debt by U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Whole chart can be studied here: en.wikipedia.org...

It is truly astounding how bad Reagan/Bush/Bush has been to this country.

Also lets not forget it was Reagan who began arming Saddam Hussein and then he became our enemy, he also armed Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan against Russia who became our enemy

Would 9/11 would have happened if it wasnt for Reagan Bush Bush? Osama Bin Laden declared his jihad against the US after the US put troops in Saudi Arabia which was request by the Saudi government, would the US have put troops there to begin with if Bush wasnt invested with the Saudi's in different things?

It really is astounding what these people have done to this country and how they are allowed to get away with it

Let the figures speak for themselves...............you have been deceived.

Chart

Economist Mike Kimel notes that the five former Democratic Presidents (Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Lyndon B. Johnson, John F. Kennedy, and Harry S. Truman) all reduced public debt as a share of GDP, while the last four Republican Presidents (George W. Bush, George H. W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, and Gerald Ford) all oversaw an increase in the country’s indebtedness.[2] Economic historian J. Bradford DeLong, former Clinton Treasury Department official, observes a contrast not so much between Republicans and Democrats, but between Democrats and "old-style Republicans (Eisenhower and Nixon)" on one hand (decreasing debt), and "new-style Republicans" on the other (increasing debt).[3][4] David Stockman, director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan, as op-ed contributor to the New York Times, blamed the "ideological tax-cutters" of the Reagan administration for the increase of national debt during the 1980s.[5]

CNN's Jack Cafferty and CBS's Mark Knoller have noted that the US national debt in nominal dollars has increased more rapidly under President Obama than under any other U.S. president, and that it had increased by $4 trillion since the beginning of his term of office.[6][7]

Source for chart and information: en.wikipedia.org...

I suggest anyone thinking Reagan was a good president check out the chart............the figures speak for themself and we are still suffering for his mismanagement.
edit on 7-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: chart must be viewed from source to understand full scope of Reagan's incompetence

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

A personal anecdote: I was an E-3 in the military when Clinton took over from RR. From my world view:

Wait...What?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I agree if it's a post "The Day After" viewing Reagan.

Before he saw that most disturbing movie he was terrifying.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ronald wasnt as great as the media tells you. Sure we'd be better of in the 80s but if we had ragean today not much would be different. the president doesn't run the show, you should know this by now

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

you serious ronald regan......->www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Reagan? Ha ha, he was a joke. His brand of BS is nothing short of a strong contributor to the current situation.

Yes, we need a hero; a Reagan-esque figure is nothing of the sort.

I will be voting to re-elect President Obama because he tries hard and done a ton to help the country get out of Bush's slump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join