It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogs are smarter than cats? @look@

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Im not sure cats are able to give unconditional love either ..I know my dogs can they are there for me anytime.. You can just see the love in there eyes but my cats i don't see any of that they seem to be in there own little world..thank you for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I agree with cats train their humans. I love cats but dogs just seem to be more loveable cats are so independent..thanks sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for posting Benevolent Heretic..Your dog is just beautiful You can tell he is smart just by looking at his face
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Thats a great video! But i know if my dogs found that bag they wouldn't bring it home it would be sniff and leave..But its a neat story with a wonderful ending ..Thanks for posting..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Thanks for posting Leo..And good luck with your sancutary for sick and injured felines its a good thing your doing for all the kittys..peace,cookie

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I have both a cat and dog but grew up mainly with cats. I have a couple anecdotes for you about cats, the first regarding intellegence and the second regarding their connection to their people.

While in grade and highschool our family had two cats who came from the same genes, one was an uncle and perhaps father to the other.

My cats were indoor/outdoor cats and came and went as they pleased, and I literally mean that.

Numerous times a week when the family went to bed, it would so happen that one cat or the other would be stranded outside. Their solution if the outside cat was looking to get into the house was that whichever cat was inside would go upstairs and scratch at my parents bedroom door.

They knew who to wake up, my step-father. And time after time and again for about 8 years, my step-father fearing the cat would piss in the house would rise from bed, follow the cat downstairs to whichever door the cat went to, open the door and the cat stranded outside would run inside, now both were inside and staying inside.

My step-father fell for the rouse numerous times before he ignored the scratching on the door altogether. The cat inside pissed on the bathroom carpet that night.

He never ignored the scratching after that, he was under the cats thumbs, or paws in this case from there on out. They had their own doorman.

My second story relates to the connection cats have with their owners despite the fact they may eat you after you die. Your dead, so what.

My mother told me this story when I was 17, I had no recollection of it.

When I was 5 or 6 years old, and before we had the two cats I previously mentioned or a step-father, we had a black cat named Tri-pod. His name was given for obvious reasons, although I don't know the factual story how the leg was amputated. It did get caught in a rabbit snare, but after that the details are hard to come by.

Anyhow Tri-pod at this time (1981) wasn't old (probably close to my own age) but had become very ornery. It hissed at anyone who come near it except for myself, we seemed to have bond. I've always felt a kinship with animals.

My mother figured it was in pain given it's amputated leg and decided to have the cat put down while I was in school one day, thinking that she could explain to me that cats sometimes run away to die. A white lie but I understand where she was coming from. The previous year I cried for hours and was devastated for much longer when I found out my best friend was moving to another city.

We didn't have much money back then so mother asked her brother if he could put the cat down while I was in school. Of course he said he would and did.

However when I got home from school that day this is what my mother recalls. Being that she was in university and worked evenings she was in bed when I got home.

She says at first she remembers me kind of nudging her mentioning that Tri-pod was dead. I nudged her again and said ''Mom, Tri-pod is dead"

This repeat comment woke her completely and she asked me how I know this and I replied that when I got home Tri-pod was lying down in the back yard but when I went to see him he wouldn't get up.

With this she apparently shot up into a sitting position and asked me if I was sure.

I then said "yes I shook him but won't get up."

To which she replied with something along the lines of "OMG, where is he? show me"

And I said "I can't, he's gone. He's not there anymore"

She immediately called my uncle asking if he did put the cat down and he replied that he took the cat to the local landfill (about 20 km's away) and put two slugs in him and that he definitely was dead.

In my own opinion Tri-pod's spirit came back to say goodbye to me and even though I couldn't remember the incident at 17yrs old, looking back, in my minds eye I remember exactly where he was laying.

For that reason I will never, ever believe that animals don't have souls or that cats don't have emotional connections.

Dogs are awesome too

edit on 15-12-2011 by Phayte because: proof reading

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

Phayte,Thanks for posting and what a great true story about your cat Tri-pod but i have to say its also sad.. But i think your right Tri-pod's spirit came back to say goodbye i do believe all animals that are pets have emotional connections and loving souls ..I feel very connected to my dogs and i know they are to me ..Thank you for the wonderful story! peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by Phayte

Phayte,Thanks for posting and what a great true story about your cat Tri-pod but i have to say its also sad.. But i think your right Tri-pod's spirit came back to say goodbye i do believe all animals that are pets have emotional connections and loving souls ..I feel very connected to my dogs and i know they are to me ..Thank you for the wonderful story! peace,sugarcookie1

Here's one to make you smile then as we had definitely developed a bond of sorts.
I was either 2 or 3 years old. My Mom had baked a cake for easter one evening and then put the cake away without icing or decorating it. The story goes that the next morning when she got up early to decorate the cake, the cake wasn't where she had left it or anywhere for that matter. Upon an examination of the bedrooms she noticed that I wasn't around either. She found me, and Tri-pod on the front doorstep with the easter cake. Me hand's first, and the cat face first. I wonder who influenced who at that age?
edit on 18-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by Phayte

Here's one to make you smile then as we had definitely developed a bond of sorts.
I was either 2 or 3 years old. My Mom had baked a cake for easter one evening and then put the cake away without icing or decorating it. The story goes that the next morning when she got up early to decorate the cake, the cake wasn't where she had left it or anywhere for that matter. Upon an examination of the bedrooms she noticed that I wasn't around either. She found me, and Tri-pod on the front doorstep with the easter cake. Me hand's first, and the cat face first. I wonder who influenced who at that age?
edit on 18-12-2011 by Phayte because: (no reason given)

Phayte,Another wonderful story ..I think you influenced Tri-pod lol he probley decided since your eating the cake he can to ..smart cat ! And i bet the Easter cake was yummy!
Peace,sugarcookie1

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join