It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Mathematics Ph.D talks to man who considers lower-class as separate sub-species

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I dont own my own house, but I am generous and thats why. I dont care about money, I work for my family but have no incentive to own a peice of land that will be there long after the human race is gone

Does that therefore make me a subspecies?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

I dont own my own house, but I am generous and thats why. I dont care about money, I work for my family but have no incentive to own a peice of land that will be there long after the human race is gone

Does that therefore make me a subspecies?

Yeah, your not a reptile

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

The Self Attribution Fallacy

All the idiots who claim the rich all deserve all their money and everyone else is just dumb or lazy needs to read this article, it can't be further from the truth.

We live in a messed up, backwards world where people are brainwashed (cause who controls the media..? the rich, you're average man can't afford an advertisement or a news station etc) to think greed, cut-throatness, cruelty and disregard for the well being of your fellow man are POSITIVE traits as long as money is involved. It is sick.

"Intelligence? Talent? No, the ultra-rich got to where they are through luck and brutality." "In a study published by the journal Psychology, Crime and Law, Belinda Board and Katarina Fritzon tested 39 senior managers and chief executives from leading British businesses(3). They compared the results to the same tests on patients at Broadmoor special hospital, where people who have been convicted of serious crimes are incarcerated. On certain indicators of psychopathy, the bosses’s scores either matched or exceeded those of the patients. In fact on these criteria they beat even the subset of patients who had been diagnosed with psychopathic personality disorders. "

Many of the rich are LITERALLY psychopaths, who instead of murdering people ruin others' lives while wearing a tie and maximizing prophets for soulless corporations. And then these same psychopaths go on to run our govt (majority of congress and former presidents are millionaires), run the news media which "educates" the masses, and so on.
edit on 7-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

Great article. I'm too much of a newbie to know how to give a star

I have a book by Richard Wiseman called the "Luck Factor" and it attempts to understand why
people are lucky. There is an article in it about stock traders and how they are simply the result of selection bias.
That article reminded me of reading the book..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This was an interesting post.

Most of the people who replied seem to be firmly entrenched in their positions and do not seem to be open to any viewpoint that is contrary to their position.

I still think that intelligent people have an easier time figuring out how to make a living. It doesn't matter if they are born poor or affluent. Intelligence allows you to access your situation and figure out how to improve it, if you choose.

Those born to money have many advantages. Those born poor have many more obstacles in their path.

However, if your poor and not intelligent, the chances of you getting out of poverty are slim. If the poor keep reproducing then you basically start to develop an underclass.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
He forgets about opportunity, luck, chance and last but not least, moral flexibility. Was Luciano rich because he was very bright? How did the Kennedys make their money? Was the opium war to stop the trade of opium? Also you can be very bright and not that rich. How much is an engineer payed, not a German, an american one?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

More like 1285. The monied class has been obsessed with neo-feudalism. I blame Disney and Dune really for putting the idea into their heads.. You have to look at their children to understand. Most of the monied class's children are the ultimate wastes of space. Only really good at blowing money and making an arse out of themselves. The old bloodlines are practically spent and a lot of the new money are so removed from reality that they should of lost everything back in 08 if it wasn't for the bailouts.

This is about less than intelligent people born into rich families, using their inherited wealth to generate more wealth via cornering the market. Because if they didn't corner the market they lack the skills to compete.

If it continues it will end the same way the French Revolution ended.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The problem is that a lot of high level mathematicians and scientists have as they would say if pushed a specialized brain. To put it bluntly they are dyslexics born with skill in the right areas to do these subjects. They will not class themselves as having a learning disability; there is probably something to this, but many will be completely unable to ever understand Shakespeare, no matter how long they took at in.This is one reason why in these subjects, clever but normal people without these conditions are disadvantaged. A mathematics degree would never be created where a good knowledge of literature was required, as they would not create a degree that they would not pass. This is probably why dyslexia is called in america the mit disease: so I've heard. Some of these people will not be any clever than the students they think aren't cut out for their subject, they are just evenly distributed iq wise. Also the rich use their money to privately educate their children, the poor cannot. These academics will also feel uncomfortable around people who are not like them: privately educated, born fairly wealthy: and so anyone without these traits they feel uncomfortable around and so will not give them places for research degrees, thereby stopping them doing what they do. It is this way around the world, the elite always favour each other. The same would happen if there were a club for the super rich, he would not get in: they would think he does not have that something they have. They would think the super rich are super rich for a reason and he is therefore inferior.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join