It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Mathematics Ph.D talks to man who considers lower-class as separate sub-species

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by brilab45
reply to post by Blaine91555

There is no argument from me to your thoughtful post. My problem is with people that think they are superior and entitled to live a better life than others that do not have a more prosperous mind.

Fundamentally, we are not created equal. However, it is a great reflection on humanity on how we treat others.

Mr Ph. D. seems to feel we need to have a 95% slave enclave and a 5% ruling class.

Now, please take into account.........I have not done an entire inquiry on the subject matter and am simply making off the cuff remarks based on the OP's remarks.

Very well I may change my mind if I were to study the Ph. D. in mind. That would take some time to do. This is not an inquisition. Yet I did make a rough assessment that may be wrong.

That is a quite common view among Progressive intellectuals it seems. We agree.

You earned a hard star from me. I was feeling you were being passive aggressive with me and really had some difficulty following you. For now...I look forward to more debate from you.

Best regards and see you soon. Hopefully on a positive note.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Wow... Just wow... What a self righteous pompous A-HOLE. Sounds like someone needs a reality check.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

The whole premise is straight out of HG Wells. Only, I think he had it backwards, the Morlocks are the 1 percent and the Eloi are the "rabble", the uneducated masses. We are headed in this direction. More and more of our machines to our thinking for us, cars that park themselves, using calculators and computers instead of pencil and paper. People text and communicate via computer instead of socializing. What we don't use will atrophy, and its only a matter of time before we have a race of basically dumb ed down humans who are incapable of building things or innovation or critical thought.

Warning: graphic language
edit on 7-12-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oppressors must dehumanize those they oppress to rationalize the oppression. In order to brutalize others, the bully has to deem them inferior or less human. You see this repeated over and over again throughout history. Now it seems they mean to use it to rationalize the economic disparity that exists almost everywhere. I think its part of the predatory nature of humans. In order to prey on our own kind, psychologically we must disengage from their kindred humanity and make them into lesser beings. Its one of the main reasons we will become extinct.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
it seems like these scientist get there theories from movies . First it was a contagion like virus that was created now this idea, its just like the movie "in time"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

[t]he natural outcome of the voluntary transactions between… private property owners is decidedly nonegalitarian, hierarchical, and elitist [71]. After all, the “permanently” rich and the “permanently” poor are usually rich or poor for a reason. The rich are characteristically bright and industrious, and the poor typically dull, lazy, or both.

Just an observation (and someone may have already noted it), but the cited area does not come from CNC, but rather Hans-Herman Hoppe's book, "Democracy, The God That Failed".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I have always told my friends that's the agenda of the population control plan. You wanna live through this next holocaust? Get smart, get an education, pay something into taxes, and contribute to society. There isn't enough space for all of us, there aren't any resources, and we are using them at an exponential rate (read "Billions and Billions" from Carl Sagan).
That book really puts everything into perspective about where we are going whether we like it or not. He describes those little shrimp in his globe that work together to keep a nice clean and sustainable (semi) ecosystem. I like how nonchalantly he goes into detail about the specific species that put there fecal matter in the same place (like a trash can), because without out this harmony life would cease to exist. Then the chemistry itself changed and everything died. I felt so connected to that book, I was stunned and saddened by his death when his wife takes over and finishes the book and tells us he died.
The moral of Carl's story is how bacteria and many other species can only grow so large before it collapses in on itself.
No matter how hard we humans try we cold never become the dominant being in the universe. We can only be in the process of it, and when our numbers grow exponentially our air becomes less breathable, our food becomes full of chemicals to make them grow faster, and industries thrive expelling their toxic fumes throughout the sky.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

I love idiocracy! I quote that movie all the time. This is where we are going if we don't watch out.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessica6

Heck some one born in poverty with a 150 IQ doesn't have the same chance as one born with a 90 IQ and money...

Only have to look at GW to prove that!

Couldn't resist...
edit on 7-12-2011 by SpaceJockey1 because: Add quote

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If anything, I would argue it's the other way around.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I've read it, and don't agree with it. For one, the authors' system of "interviewing" was to mail out thousands of surveys to wealthy Americans, and of the thousands mailed out only 1 or 2 hundred came back. That narrows down the chances of getting non-proactive wealthy subjects right there. Also, in his follow-up book 'The Millionaire Mind', Dr. T.J. Stanley contradict himself repeatedly, saying "integrity is the most important thing" in one chapter, then one chapter later goes on to say "Lie and cheat if necessary to get ahead."
Sorry, but I don't agree with Stanley or Danko's views on the elite, and knowing no less than 10 "elites" myself, and not just interviewing them via survey, I'll base my opinion on the wealthy by what I've seen, not by what a couple of guys claim people said (if the subjects answered their survey's honestly in the first place). I mean, it's not like a millionaire, upon being asked, is going to admit to stomping on careers or cutting corners at the expense of others' well-beings now, are they? Of course they're going to say, "it takes hard work and determination... yada yada yada." Sorry. No dice.

edit on 7-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The Self Attribution Fallacy

All the idiots who claim the rich all deserve all their money and everyone else is just dumb or lazy needs to read this article, it can't be further from the truth.

We live in a messed up, backwards world where people are brainwashed (cause who controls the media..? the rich, you're average man can't afford an advertisement or a news station etc) to think greed, cut-throatness, cruelty and disregard for the well being of your fellow man are POSITIVE traits as long as money is involved. It is sick.

"Intelligence? Talent? No, the ultra-rich got to where they are through luck and brutality." "In a study published by the journal Psychology, Crime and Law, Belinda Board and Katarina Fritzon tested 39 senior managers and chief executives from leading British businesses(3). They compared the results to the same tests on patients at Broadmoor special hospital, where people who have been convicted of serious crimes are incarcerated. On certain indicators of psychopathy, the bosses’s scores either matched or exceeded those of the patients. In fact on these criteria they beat even the subset of patients who had been diagnosed with psychopathic personality disorders. "

Many of the rich are LITERALLY psychopaths, who instead of murdering people ruin others' lives while wearing a tie and maximizing prophets for soulless corporations. And then these same psychopaths go on to run our govt (majority of congress and former presidents are millionaires), run the news media which "educates" the masses, and so on.
edit on 7-12-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sci-Fi_entist
Meh, some "Know-it-alls" are really not worth paying much attention to.

Home-boy should probably just stick to math.

Sometimes they are because this is the mindset of a lot of the people at the highest levels of society, including the government. If they're making decisions for us and think we're inferior to them, you wouldn't want to know ?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I read the "interview" if that is what it actually was.
And while it stated libertarianism, it sure as hell sounded the progressive talking points.

Er, no. What this guy is saying has absolutely nothing to do at all with a Progressive/Liberal/etc. world view. It's the complete opposite of it, in fact. Whatever you think is a Progressive point of view, you are greatly mistaken or misinformed.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The idea that the worth of a person, i.e. the person's status, class, and whether s/he is a member of an uber-species or some sub-species of the human race, as these nut-jobs want you to believe (they don't really believe it themselves, but they say it because it helps them feel good about their inadequate selves), is to be measured by how much money and property the person controls, or who the person is connected to, is favored by some who control a lot of money and property.

There is no correlation between the amount of property and money a person controls and the person's intelligence, comprehension, competence, abilities, compassion, empathy, spirituality and humanity. That idea is a myth which those who enjoy such control would like those who lack it to accept and believe. Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly are classic examples of this simple reality.

Accumulations of money and property equal power in this world. What is "power"? It is the ability to "do" things, to go places, to do whatever you want, with whomever you want, whenever and wherever you want, nothing more. Sadly, some extend the idea to incklude doing whatever they want to whomever they want to di it. We're witnessing more of that all the time. Power is a good thing to have in life, provided you don't abuse and misues it. But having some degree of power does not make you a better person than others who have less than you.

How the person who has money, property, and power uses it, and what they say about what it means as a measuring stick of their relative value compared to others, says everything you need to know about that person. They often forget that they have and keep what they've accumulated only through the collective consent of the 99%. Without that, they'd have nothing at all.

The ways in which their exercise of power affects others determines how long they will enjoy their favorable status. It is not looking very good for some of them at the moment. History teaches that virtually every tyrant, everyone who abuses their power to a great enough degree, comes to a bad end. It may take decades before real change comes about. But it's coming. And for some, perhaps many, it won't be an experience to long for.
edit on 12/8/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/2011 by dubiousone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I guess his talk was to invoke a response.

The conclusion I come after reading, is that CAIN is a sociopath parasite boil on the human species.
He should be classed as the sub species. Eventually as the human super organism evolves, rubbish
like him will be weeded out. Let's hope this happens pretty rapidly.

Is this person CAIN "Hans-Hermann Hoppe"?

Limbo
edit on 8-12-2011 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

I see now that there's claims that CAIN is a ficticious character and the whole thing is made up.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

CNC is so luney-toons it's bonkers.

Essentially he wants to completely remove the government, divide public property into "equal" shares for those who paid taxes... do away with all laws and legislation and allow the Insurance companies to issue protection from crime.

Without laws, what happens when someone commits a criminal offense? According to Code Name Cain, the insurance companies will be scooping these people up and dumping them off in the middle of the Sahara with no resources or means to ensure survival. Essentially he proposes they will drive you to the middle of the desert with no food or water or transportation and leave you stranded. (Which is certain death. He also said they would do the inverse and ship people to the polar caps. He's just an evil psychopath.)

I.E.

They will purposefully leave you to die. When the interviewer said that's essentially murder... he said no it's not, we are just abandoning the criminals in the middle of the desert, what happens after that is determined by the criminal. But, it's not... AT ALL. It's determined by the conditions. This is essentially the same thing as locking some one in a room and not providing them food and water, except faster, since you won't last a day before you are vulture food.

His libertarian society would collapse and or become a totalitarian society almost instantaneously. There is no laws, there is no rules, there is a basic concept of personal rights.. and if some one infringes upon those personal right, the insurance companies are free to do what ever they wish.

Essentially he ignores the fact that people are just by default corrupt. Take away all laws and those with power and agenda's will pursue any means to further that agenda.

The insurance companies are now referred to as GLO's which stands for "Government Like Organizations." He ignores the fact that they would still be competing with each other, and each one would have different motives with their own personal paramilitary forces...

Wow... what a paradise!!!!

This guy is brainwashed to the highest degree, or just stupid. Yet, he thinks WE are the ones that are the "sub" human race. He says it plainly.

Originally posted by Limbo
reply to post by Limbo

I see now that there's claims that CAIN is a ficticious character and the whole thing is made up.

It honestly reads that way. It feels like it was written by the same person. It's like the section where Cain pulls out his graph.

He couldn't have had the graph on him -- the graph was brought out by emergent conversation. So unless he drew it on a napkin and then the author then turned it into a power point slide -- it could of never happened. If Cain drew the graph on a napkin... that should of been mentioned in the article... and he should of used pictures of the napkin. If Cain was against that, he could of forged one by making a copy in his own hand writing for credibility sake.

Cain also quotes books without saying he's quoting stuff... And the math dude, who self admitted he didn't read these books... autonomously knows he's quoting said books.

The entire thing is just ludicrous. Also, the interviewer flip flops on his stance towards CNC during the entire interview. If CNC is using a code name because he doesn't want people to know who he is so they can't attempt to stop him from pursuing his agenda -- why is he laying it out for Andrew? Better yet, how did Andrew even find this guy to begin with?

Occam's Razor -> Bull#.

Is this person CAIN "Hans-Hermann Hoppe"?

If this is true, Cain says specifically he would not accept responsibility for Hans-Hermann Hoppe's ideas as they were more advanced than Cain himself.

(This actually could mean that if it was real, it's likely Hans himself... nothing like a bit of anonymous narcissism. Totally fits with his sociopath/psychopathic personality.)
edit on 8-12-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I ran across a disturbing article on the Naked Capitalist. Bear in the mind, this Andrew gentleman has a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Harvard, so this is likely to be valid since he has access to very high uppercrust folks.

link

To begin, [t]he natural outcome of the voluntary transactions between… private property owners is decidedly nonegalitarian, hierarchical, and elitist [71]. After all, the “permanently” rich and the “permanently” poor are usually rich or poor for a reason. The rich are characteristically bright and industrious, and the poor typically dull, lazy, or both. [96-97]

ANDREW: You talk almost as if lower-class people were so different from productive geniuses that they form a separate subspecies.

CNC: Well, there is something to that.

This is really quite disturbing and smacks very loudly of 1985.

What happened in 1985?

Anyway, its apparent that the rich become dull and lazy due to having it all.
And the lower class has to be bright and industrious to survive.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkest4

Many of the rich are LITERALLY psychopaths, who instead of murdering people ruin others' lives while wearing a tie and maximizing prophets for soulless corporations. And then these same psychopaths go on to run our govt (majority of congress and former presidents are millionaires), run the news media which "educates" the masses, and so on.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join