It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Mathematics Ph.D talks to man who considers lower-class as separate sub-species

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Annee

First off, Gingrich is a hypocritical ass.
Second, teaching good work habits (or poor) spreads across all social strata.

He is a Republican.

Not a Democrat.

You never miss a chance to put down the Left.

Doesn't matter what you think of Newt - - - he is the Right - - saying the same thing.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thought there are always exceptions to every rule, stereotypes exist which is why we need do devise a word to describe the 'social phenomena' in the first place.
Sadly, if you have losers for parents, the probability is low that you will be too much different. The cycle is hard to break. While there's something to be said in the nature/nurture debate, I definitely believe that people have genetic neurological predispositions in the same way we can have physical ones. The real problem is that there's too much political correctness these days to acknowledge it.

IRM

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by beezzer

Sadly, if you have losers for parents, the probability is low that you will be too much different.

IRM

Losers being human beings unable to make money from profitable professions? Perhaps the western point of view about losers is not the same in the entire world/human species. Beware to put random labels on valuable people that you really don´t know.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

We all have things we are good at, so why criticize people for having different talents than you may have?

Seems to me this thread is about just that.

Personally I think this is taken out of context to begin with. We are all a product of our environment and chance. What we become does not matter nearly as much as whether we enjoy life and how we treat those around us.

The entire idea of pitting classes against one another is evil on its face and yet so many participate willingly in it, it's used as a control tool.

Look at our beloved President who is an Alinsky Progressive. He is bitter and relishes dividing to control and manipulate. How does such a person get elected? By pandering to angry people and using their anger against them to control them. He is a lapdog of the so called 1% and yet he plays his groupies like a fiddle.

If you could force him to say what he really believes, he would call everyone who votes for him idiots and fools. He lets it slip now and then. Doing the same in reverse however is what he wants. How often do we see people here play the same game? I fall for it all the time even though I know what it is. I'm Human.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by beezzer

Thought there are always exceptions to every rule, stereotypes exist which is why we need do devise a word to describe the 'social phenomena' in the first place.
Sadly, if you have losers for parents, the probability is low that you will be too much different. The cycle is hard to break. While there's something to be said in the nature/nurture debate, I definitely believe that people have genetic neurological predispositions in the same way we can have physical ones. The real problem is that there's too much political correctness these days to acknowledge it.

IRM

I don't think that it is genetic.
It is a learned behaviour, though. Parents teach their children smply by living their lives the way that they do.
Just by personal experiences, though, I've seen worse work ethics from children of wealthy parents than from poor.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Simple solution, drop him off in the rain forest, desert, or a ghetto somewhere and we'll see how far up the food chain he thinks he is then. I have all the respect in the world for scientists, scholars (even if I dont agree with them always), and every thinking person but once that person displays an elitist mentality like that they need to have their ego checked.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

There is no argument from me to your thoughtful post. My problem is with people that think they are superior and entitled to live a better life than others that do not have a more prosperous mind.

Fundamentally, we are not created equal. However, it is a great reflection on humanity on how we treat others.

Mr Ph. D. seems to feel we need to have a 95% slave enclave and a 5% ruling class.

Now, please take into account.........I have not done an entire inquiry on the subject matter and am simply making off the cuff remarks based on the OP's remarks.

Very well I may change my mind if I were to study the Ph. D. in mind. That would take some time to do. This is not an inquisition. Yet I did make a rough assessment that may be wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This Code Named Cain dude blatantly says that there's something to the argument that the lower-class are a different sub-species. Read the thing. This guy's attitudes are horrifying, and they're pure idiocy to boot.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

edit on 6-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

That was why I agreed with both your posts Beezer and Annee
it isn't a party issue
its a we stole it's ours issue

and you don't deserve to have what we stole obviously because if you did we wouldn't have stolen it

those that are sociopathic think that that is a survival trait
well look where that atitude has the world
right on the brink of the long good-bye

well
Those that don't learn to live together aren't just not even smart enough to learn, they WILL DIE TOGETHER.
choosing non survival as a survival trait is the hight of stupidity

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If we are going to play this depraved game, then I'll roll the dice and start by arguing that the self-appointed "intellectual elite" are a sub-species. Most of them contribute nothing to society at all, except devising ways in order to confiscate goods and services from those with integrity and honor. Unable to deal with all of life's problems and instead of choosing to be honorable themselves, they latch on to their woeful inadequacies forming secret societies, petty cliques and syndicates. Deem themselves superior (see: Psychopathy) and start doing their dark-works dealing in extortion and deceit.

It's just like nationalism. It's a large group of people that sit around and do nothing, contribute nothing of earnest to society, and choose to pat their backs for something their ancestors "of the same class" accomplished. It's no different than a bunch of blue-collar drunks sitting at a bar, throwing spit at each other arguing how America "won the world war", how "they" are the baddest. Did these two drunks contribute anything to the "war effort"? No they didn't. They are just a couple of drunks latching on to past accomplishments like ticks. They never move on, they just bicker and extort the accomplishments of their forebears.

The "intellectual elite" are much the same. So many of them today accomplish absolutely nothing. They create rackets in colleges across America, lecturing their opinions and ideologies to young students who give them $30,000 a year to listen to them preach.

Some of the brightest minds the world has ever seen never really meshed well with the "self-appointed high-society". Thomas Edison, Ben Franklin, and Einstein just to name a few. Thankfully they didn't let the husks of mechanized education get them down, because they went on to accomplish great works. Regardless if their teachers said they sucked.

Does this apply to all colleges, and all those in education? Obviously not. But it does apply to those who think they're superior, and you know who you are. We know who you are, too.
edit on 7-12-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Annee

it isn't a party issue

I noticed - - both names.

No it is not a party issue. There was no reason to make it one either.

Some posters just feel the need to put that slam in every thread.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Annee

it isn't a party issue

I noticed - - both names.

No it is not a party issue. There was no reason to make it one either.

Some posters just feel the need to put that slam in every thread.

It's not a slam but an illustration of the mind-set behind an ideology. If I'm wrong on this idiots' progressive leanings, then I'll say so. But I'd speculate that I am correct and again, to stress, this is about categorizing, defining, to further an agenda. In this case, class warfare.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

pftw! I grew up ridiculously poor...no heat in the winter catching pneumonia 3+ times, summers without power in the sweltering heat, and even when we had electricity we never owned an AC....ate at grandparents....no food stamps till I hit my teens...I learned to be very industrious...or I would go cold/hot/hungry...You have to if You wanna 'survive'....had fun thou never a dull moment with a good sense of humor (-:

married now to a hubby whom had it alot better...basically toured Europe as a kid...he gets sick a lot more often than me...for better lack of words has noooo manners (working on that), I don't wanna say he doesn't work hard because he does but when push comes to shove I can work a lot harder for a longer amount of time both mentally and physically...I blame it on my upbringing....toughened me up...

I do get what this guys saying...I have seen drunks and crackheads-crack babies that you would swear are on a lower order...but the person who strays from destroying their body and mind with harmful substances if really no different...meet some 'normal' poor folk dude....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The professor had a postscript at the end of his interview.

It provides a better illustration of the professor with whom we have been speaking about.

Postscript

Nietzsche… has a description… of the disgust and disdain which consume him at the sight of the common people with their common faces, their common voices, and their common minds. …[T]his attitude is almost beautiful if we may regard it as pathetic… When he makes us feel that he cannot endure the innumerable faces, the incessant voices, the overpowering omnipresence which belongs to the mob, he will have the sympathy of anybody who has ever been sick on a steamer or tired in a crowded omnibus. Every man has hated mankind when he… has had humanity in his eyes like a blinding fog, humanity in his nostrils like a suffocating smell. But when Nietzsche has the incredible lack of humour and lack of imagination to ask us to believe that his aristocracy is an aristocracy of strong muscles or an aristocracy of strong wills, it is necessary to point out the truth. It is an aristocracy of weak nerves.

G. K. Chesterton, Heretics, p. 185 (published in 1905)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

What I don't understand is this constant need to categorize.
I don't know this guys' politics, but I'd bet that he's a progressive democrat.

Which guy, the interviewer or the guy being interviewed? The guy being interviewed, the guy who says these things, states very clearly that he is a Libertarian, not a progressive Democrat. The title of the article is "Journey into a Libertarian Future." If anything, his views are diametrically opposed to progressive Liberalism.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

What I don't understand is this constant need to categorize.
I don't know this guys' politics, but I'd bet that he's a progressive democrat.

Which guy, the interviewer or the guy being interviewed? The guy being interviewed, the guy who says these things, states very clearly that he is a Libertarian, not a progressive Democrat. The title of the article is "Journey into a Libertarian Future." If anything, his views are diametrically opposed to progressive Liberalism.

I read the "interview" if that is what it actually was.
And while it stated libertarianism, it sure as hell sounded the progressive talking points.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like this guy:

(Caution: Video may make your blood boil, as title suggests.)

Glenn Hubbard
Dean of Columbia Business School

These types usually share the same ideologies that have a callous disregard for human life, or what effects they have for the standard of living for the entire planet.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is another sub-species I have identified that ranks even lower than any perceived 'lower order' that this Harvard Educated tosser pulled out of his shiny, priveleged, kissed all his life a$$.

They can be found in places of higher learning all over the planet, and are easily identifiable as they never actually leave, instead choosing to validate their perpetual inability to face the real world by enrolling in course after course after course. And if they are lucky, and kiss enough butt, they get to stay on and eventually teach the same drivel that was taught to them by predecessors who like them, find the real world and the people in it, tedious and tiresome and so below their exceptional level that the thought of actually living and working among such commoners causes them to break out in hives. All without ever having to go out into the real world to see if what they were taught actually works. Ain't university just grand. And the best part is you're always surrounded by people who think just like you, and never question your moral authority on anything. Just try doing that and see how long you last...

Hence I give you the species 'inbred uni cohortasauraus'... faster than a speeding bullet to disregard new research, able to make assumptions in a single bound.... you get the picture.

But in all seriousness. Am I alone in thinking that uni deans, lecturers etc should have a 'best used by' date stamp and have to go and make a living in the real world for at least say, 3 years at a time, before racing back to the sacred cloisters of uni-dom? Some treat the universities as nothing short of their own personal kingdoms where their word is unquestionable law. And these are the people who are influencing eager minds?

Anyway, I refuse to be labelled by someone else or pidgeonholed because of how much I earn or whether or not I am willing to stab as many people in the back to get to the top in my chosen profession. Anyone can attain power and money if they are ruthless enough. This guy has just shown himself for the narrow minded, ill-educated goose he is. From my experience with his kind, any attempt of a conversation outside their little area of expertise gets met with blank stare.

Quite pitiful really.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sunshinesmile

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach.
-Anon

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join