It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I just thought some of you would appreciate this bearing of light.

Electromagnetism, light, what your eyes are designed to absorb, is a fantastically incredible force. Simultaneously acting as a wave, and a particle (photon - which is either massless, or incredibly low in mass). A very important point to consider is that the force is ELECTRO-magnetic, two, a duality. Two coalescing waves, spiraling together...a double helix.

So, what, may I ask, is also a double helix?

Hmmm?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto
I just thought some of you would appreciate this bearing of light.

Electromagnetism, light, what your eyes are designed to absorb, is a fantastically incredible force. Simultaneously acting as a wave, and a particle (photon - which is either massless, or incredibly low in mass). A very important point to consider is that the force is ELECTRO-magnetic, two, a duality. Two coalescing waves, spiraling together...a double helix.

So, what, may I ask, is also a double helix?

Hmmm?

Very small rocks?

Gravy?

A duck...

... sorry got a bit too Python there.

Yes, the electrostatic and magnetic components of light propagate through space at 90 degrees to each other but as their central axis is common and linear, and their maxima and minima are close to that axis, we would hardly describe it as a double helix like DNA.

It is more like two sinusoid oscillations at 90 degrees to each other, not spirals through space.
edit on 6/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I understand that the technicalities of the two differ, as is with all in this infinitely differentiable place...

I am more or less referring to the common "theme" between the two, if you will. Kind of like how the angles and exacting 'measurements' of the solar system and the angles at which planets travel around the central mass (star) and the angles and positions of electrons around a central mass (nucleus).

Parallels. Kind of like fraternal twins lol.

new topics

join