It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JumpJet Infantry Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Imagine this being combined with some heat seeking missiles maybe a couple of laser cannons. Tweak out the technology and combine it with weaponry and you would have a jumpjet infantry unit.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
im sure they're already working on it

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Actually having said that I would imagine it would be extremely expensive with little "returns", so I retract my former statement......Though they probably have thought about it
x

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Those jets seem to be flying with a high angle of attack.
I suspect they were having trouble slowing down enough to stay with him.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
the thing only has enough fuel for 8 minutes of flight time. just enough time to land right in enemy territory with no way out.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaolinTemple

What if you had an infinite energy source. It could also be used for stealth purposes. A high altitude drop off then fly the saboteur into a city or military base.

There could be many uses for Jumpjet infantry. Saboteurs are very effective and can determine the outcome of great battles.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

might make an interesting alternative to a parachute

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That looks like it would be way better than any rollercoaster. Spec Ops has gotta have this kind of technology in use or testing phases. Imagine a drone version...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Now to tackle an energy supply then NATO would have another drone to add to its arsenal.

As if it needs any more.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaolinTemple

What if you had an infinite energy source. It could also be used for stealth purposes. A high altitude drop off then fly the saboteur into a city or military base.

There could be many uses for Jumpjet infantry. Saboteurs are very effective and can determine the outcome of great battles.

If you had an infinte energy source i don't think war would be of much interest to you, you'd be too busy making an infinte amount of cash.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wonder if you could attach landing gear?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Also,
This kind of craft could not only be used for stealth missions but also in unison with a fighter jet squadron. Imagine these little relatively inexpensive craft encircling a bombing brigade to deflect incoming missiles or enemy planes. It reminds me of Halo the elites are surrounded by grunts to increase effectiveness. There is a ton of potential here but can the US afford to develop it? I am sure Russia and China would not mind toying with the idea.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

If I had infinite energy I would.

1.Develop technology to allow for all humans to have access to basic necessities like purified water and organic food.
I would do this through the creation of portable self powering devices that used c02 or hydrogen as a fuel source. Solar energy geothermal and hydroelectric would also be of extreme importance.

2. Help ensure that population control was redefined to other than lethal measures such as lifelong employment for all available manufacturing or in farming. For example building a massive farm where a desert used to be. If we as a species worked together we could turn earth into an awesome place that could support billions of future space colony inhabitants.

3. Begin sending teams of greenhouse gas machines to mars to start to terraform the planet. I would also use it to construct self sustaining space stations for super long missions to inhabit far away worlds.

This would only be if I could find infinite energy. Wealth is unimportant when you are a humanist.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Yeah pretty much my point - infinte energy would be a big, big deal so applying it to a jumpjet infantry would be a bit of a waste. I was merely pointing out the falacy of infinte energy and how if it was available there wouldn't be a need for infantry at all. Sorry bit of a slow night, i like your ideas about what you'd do with it though.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I think these would serve well if an Alien invasion happened as drones

top topics

join