It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I started going with a new guy and he wants me off of ATS

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

"Finding someone to 'relate' to" doesn't require an 'avitar' or photograph! After all blind

people can, and do, make very good connections and can relate to without ever seeing the

other person.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I just want to say one thing: the second post in this thread has 122 stars as I write this.

122 stars! I like partygirl as much as anyone...but I'm shocked her thread would get this many stars. That means ten times as many people are reading this.

I had no idea she was so popular on this board.
Or that anyone even could be, really.

And to think I once had a chance to date her....guess I'll have to stand in line behind all of ATS and her Taliban boyfriend.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I'm sure you'll be fine and certain you know whatever should arise will work for the good
but if you need me to send some lightning bolts or whatever
...just a click away ya know

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
OoOoOh so she used to be a Mormon missionary.

She'll be playing busy playing UNO and keeping her ankles covered then.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I think a vast portion of ATS stopped by to comment. I read the whole thread, and saw a lot of high post numbers. Popular? Prolly. It's more likely the clever title, as that's what got me to stop by.

Anyone else thinking publicity stunt?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
=

It's like Dr. Phil just threw up and all his psycho babble has flooded this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I liked the part where he called what you do "creepy" and you followed his orders like his b1tch. Let me give a +1 to all of these quotes:

Originally posted by DIDtm
Sounds like the beginning of a possessive relationship.

Originally posted by Destinyone
For the past 12 years, I've worked with abused and battered Women. Not all abuse is physical, there is also emotional, mental, abuse. The one thing about all abuse is...it starts with control issues.

Originally posted by Hawking
Sounds like an insecure douche

Originally posted by i8miceb4
Be careful...been down this road before. It's all about control...starts small and ends with you telling stories about how how you got the bruises by tripping and falling down the stairs........good luck.......

He doesn't sound like a good bf. A woman I've loved for years is into professional salsa dancing and that was very difficult for me to accept, but I did it because it made her happy.

My advice for you personally: GET SOME SELF-RESPECT BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.
edit on 8-12-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

I think a vast portion of ATS stopped by to comment. I read the whole thread, and saw a lot of high post numbers. Popular? Prolly. It's more likely the clever title, as that's what got me to stop by.

Anyone else thinking publicity stunt?

yep..starting to..

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I just checked her profile, it says *someone* was logged in yesterday...so, it was either the new BF, or her. Hopefully, if she is logging in to read what we have posted....she'll respond to alleviate some people's concerns. She seems, from her posts that I have read, to be a considerate person, and would not just log in and not speak her mind.

If it is the BF logging in to check up on her....well...we all know where that will lead....

Des

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

edit on 8-12-2011 by cwilson because: Somehow double posted?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I

Originally posted by MRuss

Your interest in ATS is part of who you are. Maybe he sees that as a flaw, but in truth, it's the flaws we truly love about a thing. It's the chip in the china dish that makes it yours, it's the bumps in the road that have made people kinder and more experienced,it's the puppy's floppy ear that makes him endearing.. He could choose to see your interest in conspiracies and searching for the truth as an element to your personality that makes you more interesting.

I think she's absolutely right, PartyGirl. Nobody is perfect, and it is indeed the quirks that are the most endearing. I, for one, am sad to see you leave ATS. Your posts on here are always thought provoking, and though sometimes over-the-top-religious (IMHO), contribute much to the discourse on ATS. Perhaps it's not so much that he thinks the people on ATS are creepy (how would he know unless he's spent time here?), maybe it's the fact that you're able to connect and have real conversation with "strangers" on the internet that creeps him out... Which to me seems like a person whom is insecure (again, only my opinion).

I might think you're over-the-top religious, I might not agree with everything you say... but if I was the new guy you were seeing, I would have to get on here and have you show me around this place that you spend so much time on..... because, well, you're you. And this is a part of you. And since we're dating now, I want to know what it is about this place that gets your brain thinking and your blood flowing.... I certainly wouldn't try to restrict it in any way - that's only going to make you bitter and it's certainly not going to bring us any closer together. Not to mention that even "asking" you to stop posting on here would be incredibly selfish (and possesive, controlling, etc.) of me.

BTW, your new avatar is lame. You're beautiful and bright and your smile lights up your posts. There was NOTHING inappropriate about it. This flower theme has to go. Just some brutal honesty from your "creepy" friend here on ATS.

If you ever do get back on here to see these comments, understand that none of these people offering their experience, advice, and well wishes have ever met you in person and are only being as honest with you as you have been with us, through our posts here on ATS, with the anonymity of the internet. So, while it may not be possible to "fall in love" on the internet (as you asked in a thread just last week?) - it is definitely possible to find truth here.... isn't that what brought you (then kept you) to ATS to begin with???

I truly wish you the best and hope that all works out in your favor. We'll be holding your place for you here and will be eagarly awaiting your return.

With UNCONDITIONAL Love,

CWilson, one of those "creepy" ATS guys.

edit on 8-12-2011 by cwilson because: I wasn't finished!!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

He kept asking me "why do you spend so much time on that creepy board" and yesterday he asked me to stop posting here, because he doesnt "like the kind of people who hang out on those places."

Oh really, how insulting

Well - right back at ya, Sunny Jim.

I don't think I'd want to hang around with someone like you either - the sort of person who makes sweeping judgements like that. I think I'll stay here with my fellow creeps and weirdos who, at least, don't judge people they've never met quite so harshly.

Partygirl - I hope your relationship works out well, but you seem to have given up a lot for someone you've only just started dating. Not just ATS, but your right to choose what you do and your trust in your own judgement.

It's a bit late in the day now, I've only just found your thread but I wanted to chip in anyway and wish you well.
Hope you read all our thoughts.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh wow has this thread taken of or what.....My little bird has told me that Partygirl has a lot of fans especially among the male types, and to not waste energy with this stuff and her....But dam 9 pages and who knows how many flags and stars, for something that is totally nonsensical, and pointless.

Leave ATS ya right
...She will be back...She will miss the craziness, after all her boyfriend sounds like a pretty dam boring fellow. Besides what the hell they gonna do read the bible and talk about it all year long...# you can finish that book and talk all there is to talk about it in a couple of days. If even that.

But all in all, this thread, reading it and the responses in it. It even makes me ask, Whats your game Partygirl? You seem to be either very sneaky, and looking for attention, or really just plain truthful and everybody is reading to much into it...

Did you really just make a thread to say that your leaving because your boyfriend asked you to? That makes no sense to me, don't you know its better to fade into the mist...Or better yet! to get banned. It's a much more cooler exit strategy. Plus it gives people something to talk and conspire about.

They will all be like "hey what happened to Partygirl, did you hear she got banned" and then they will be like "omg she must of been CIA or one of them disinfo agents or a paid poster" Dum dum dum and the mystery of Partygirl would continue on.

Because really I don't think there is nothing more to it but what you said. Oh and don't answer my questions I will just assume I know the answers already....And to tell the truth I am usually right in my assumptions. So far I have been.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethirdBut all in all, this thread, reading it and the responses in it. It even makes me ask, Whats your game Partygirl? You seem to be either very sneaky, and looking for attention, or really just plain truthful and everybody is reading to much into it...

Ok, I just have to let everyone know -- She's really gone, its not a publicity stunt. It's not a troll or a scam.

How do I know? Trust me I do. She is with this dude and that's all there is to it.

Now you have no reason to believe me of course, but this is in fact the truth of the matter.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Sigh, the drama.

So tired of reading about peoples laundry in public.

If she was looking for help on here, it was a wasted excersize.

vvv
edit on 9-12-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Are you the 'New boy friend'??

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

Are you the 'New boy friend'??

No...unfortunately.
Obviously not, since I'm one of those shady character who hangs out in this kind of place.

I did have the pleasure of an innocent, chaste, and all-too-platonic lunch with her several times in September, however. And we have kept in touch.

She's met this guy and she is happy about him so let's just be happy for her. Case closed as far as I am concerned.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Sigh, the drama.

So tired of reading about peoples laundry in public.

If she was looking for help on here, it was a wasted excersize.

vvv
edit on 9-12-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: typo

yeah but shes a female poster, we must shower her with flags and stars till further notice.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

yeah but shes a female poster, we must shower her with flags and stars till further notice.
reply to post by wingsfan

Touche!

It is funny, because that unfortunately seems to be how it works here.

vvv

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Logging off and going dark for now

thats exactly what you did
you have join the dark side

You just met him and he wants to control you ..

how can you let someone control you for your small daily pleasure

if he control you now telling you what to read where to read
what will it be in 2 months or 2 yrs

and if you dont comply will he hit you ??
you should find a good guy who will not cage you in the basement

he doesnt like your avatar and your choice to come here ??
then he doesnt thruly love you and/or respect you

edit on 12/9/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join