It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I started going with a new guy and he wants me off of ATS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Way too controlling for me...but you are you..and have to make that decision

My ex hated ATS and even hijacked my account....but in time, I persererved (after losing my status, friends, etc.) and am back on in a new username....

Don't settle; based on your signature, age, profile info. and obviously good looks....my advice is: go for someone with similar values who will be busy enough not to worry about your hobbies.

Playing matchmaker here, sorry, I couldn't resist; the suggestion is: Tim Tebow! And I am truly being serious.

Don't settle when you might not have not met your perfect match!

edit on 7-12-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=mediumorchid]In my opinion, it's a little bit early for him to already be asking you to make changes.

If you just 'got together' this past weekend and he is already trying to make you change, you should run. Far and fast. And never look back.

This is how abusive relationships begin.
edit on 7-12-2011 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

Actually its the perfect time.. its now that he needs to see what type of person he may give his heart to...and if he has some strong issues about this site.. he needs to speak up now...and see where her values lay..

If he tells her he doesn't think she should be hanging out here..because it doesn't really help fer spiritually ..and perhaps she told him she has a lot of private u2u's.. for the purpose of hitting on her..then it makes total sense.

I will tell you.. that if she has found someone she really likes..and he has good reason to believe this site is creepy by what she has told him and what he may have read..and her choice is to stay on the site..and lose what could have been a great bf and future husband....well.. her choice shows alot..

Way better to know what someone would choose before you totally give them your heart..way better to know what matters more to someone before you go down the road to a committed relationship.

I don't think he told her NOT to come on here..probably said he wished she didn't spend so much time on it..

I don't know..because we don't get to hear his side.. but as far as being too early to test what is important to a person.. its never too early.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
From what you write, he seems a bit insecure, which in itself is ok. But the way he seems to be dealing with it is definetly not ok if he is only pointing out your mistakes and none of his. If I were you, I would ask him what exactly worries/bothers him about you being on ATS (exactly why he thinks it's freaky), your avatar, using your real name, etc. Get to the bottom of that first. See it as an opportunity to get to know him a lot better. Tell him you need to know in order to feel secure in the relationship. If he opens up to you and admits some of his insecurities, you may have found something very good. If not, be prepared for a long ride, wherever it may lead, or draw a line. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you want him and he is being reasonable then do it.

Do not sacrifice love for a forum of people you do not know.
He may also be giving good advice. I have been on here many years and took heed of warnings, scare mongers and such - after you are aware and covered the basic topics, there is not much more to learn.

I have been on this site every day for the past 3/4 years and although I learned much - I suffered too. Hopelessness and depression set in at times.

If I may also be honest to say that the content and membership has gone downhill so much that I rarely find a well thought out and descriptive thread. (There are still some but not like it used to be).

Although my addiction to ATS remains it longer controls me and I feel that the info found here is not enough to satisfy my craving anymore - same old subjects rehashed by members who do not search properly or just flag hunting.

Obviously be careful, but forget about a website when it may lead to physical real happiness and maybe love.

Life is for living. Enjoy it with another.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If I want more controlling, I would force my girlfriend to stop listening to girl sitcoms and pop music.

I mean, sitcoms constantly make men, other then gay men, look stupid.
Chose protagonists like nurse jackie, which is drugged and cheats on her husband.
Try to make women think it's ok to act like a slut, this goes hand in hand with pop music.
And pop music is also filled with satanism, bad values, nwo conditioning and also, no originality but that's another thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Just leave the poor girl alone, people. It's her life and we don't know the back story. She's very smart and has a sharp personality, I'm sure she can handle herself as well as any of us, its not like the guy has her locked in a closet. I did communicate with her a little (no I am not a stalker, we swapped some u2us) while she was still on this board. I know her father and brother are some kind of hard-core Christian survivalist desert types so I think she will have backup if something goes wrong, so to speak.

I don't really approve of the way very religious people construct their lives and their relationships, but I accept that they have the right to live how they want. If she is dating some seriously religious guy, a lot about their relationship might seem anachronistic from the outside. But that never tells the whole story. I believe people can live together well and happily in that kind of belief system; after all, all our ancestors did. Yes, sometimes it goes wrong but so do most "modern" relationships.

It's her life, let's just mellow out and let her live it. Plus as a few others have stated, I am guessing she will be back eventually.

OK that's enough board drama for me for today...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
then i suggest you date one of us

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Gee, sounds like you met a guy with a level head on his shoulders.

You think people on here are "your real friends"? have you ever met them in person?

People on here are no more friends than peoples 1500 Facebook friends they have never met.

People you "know" online are just screen names you have typed to online and have never met, you only know what they tell you. REALLY?? SERIOUSLY?

Go out with this REAL guy, in the REAL world and see what happens. It don't mean you have to stop visiting here just cut back. Maybe you can have a real life instead of one that revolves around an internet site.

just my .02 but what do I know.........

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
If you want him and he is being reasonable then do it.

Do not sacrifice love for a forum of people you do not know.
He may also be giving good advice. I have been on here many years and took heed of warnings, scare mongers and such - after you are aware and covered the basic topics, there is not much more to learn.

I have been on this site every day for the past 3/4 years and although I learned much - I suffered too. Hopelessness and depression set in at times.

If I may also be honest to say that the content and membership has gone downhill so much that I rarely find a well thought out and descriptive thread. (There are still some but not like it used to be).

Although my addiction to ATS remains it longer controls me and I feel that the info found here is not enough to satisfy my craving anymore - same old subjects rehashed by members who do not search properly or just flag hunting.

Obviously be careful, but forget about a website when it may lead to physical real happiness and maybe love.

Life is for living. Enjoy it with another.

Applause !!! what a great post and so true.. are people willing to sacrifice a good "live" relationship for the content of this site??

The answer is obvious ..

I wish you the best partygirl.. follow your heart..and listen to the wisdom of the Holy Spirit...if you believe it is real.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I believe that 99% of the population, including ATS, are control freaks.

So it's not really anything out of the norm.

Pot meet kettle.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i've had girlfriend tell me to stop bodybuilding. She said it was weird that I focus on eating all day and lift weights like it was a religion. She asked me to stop. I told her I wasn't attached to bodybuilding. And that as soon as it began to cause problems for me I'd stop. and then I told her I wasn't attached to her. And the next time she wanted to subject my actions to her desires she'd never see me again

with that said ur bf is a dbag and ur not much better for allowing him to be
edit on 7-12-2011 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Like most here have said already...Horse #. While I agree some may spend more time then others but to each their own. Everyone has different lifestyles and priorities in life. I would suggest he take a look at ATS in more depth. Their might be something on here he likes to talk about. Not everyone on here is weird or creepy...I'm not
At least I dont think I am

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

just my .02 but what do I know.........

What you know is not worth two cents.. it is true gold !!.. I hope she takes your words to heart.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Geezl, are we a bunch of ATS junkies or what? haha
Good luck, girl. Don't let him run your life though.
If you have to change for a man, something is wrong. I tried to change for my first husband , it didn't work.
I got lucky enough to find my soul mate after that, though. He would have liked this site..
We are who we are, can't change that.
Best wishes, Hon. ..

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
LOL...this thread is too much.

Talking about control freaks...and everyone here is telling her what to do. Break up with him...no don't...stay on ATS...don't let him tell you what to do...it's nice he's concerned for you.

It's like Dr. Phil just threw up and all his psycho babble has flooded this thread.

I don't know if it is intentional or not...but masterful peace of trolling Party Girl...my hat is off to you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The new bf thinks ATS is creepy? As an outsider, and if PG was scrolling down a page, reading, and he was looking at the avatars, yep, from the outside it would appear to look like a Very creepy place. We have the creepiest avatars on the interwebs!

I'll stand by PG's decision, even though I agree with you others about the control issues. You guys have scolded her enough.

She's mid-20's, and darned if her biological isn't ticking like crazy right about now. She needs the companionship of a male, and even though she was an interesting read, she needs to get out and experience life. She knows she can come back whenever she wants, and we'll welcome her with open arms.

As always, Partygirl, rock on.

Have fun as you frolic through the fields of reality. You'll learn a lot. Come back and share with us someday.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It's a website...

It's a website...

It's a website...

Of all the things to care about.

Good Luck with him.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

DUMP HIM !!!!!!

He is(obviously) not good enough for you.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You've done great work here, so you deserve a break. It'll probably be good for you. We love you and want the best for ya!

Ya know: Mebbe he's possessive, but then again mebbe he's seeing something you don't. Regardless, I'm pretty sure you are fully capable of working through it.

Peace, Sister, we'll see you later!.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

You are absolutely right: it's a website. So why would he not want her to be here, if this is something she enjoys? Some people responding act as though ATS is their baby and they seem offended that the guy would not want her to be here. Some of us are simply concerned that he is trying to control her behaviour this early in a relationship. That is never a good sign.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join