It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I started going with a new guy and he wants me off of ATS

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
You people were right.

Oh well, live and learn...I'm fine in the end.

You're back eh...

That didn't take long...

I like being right

Good to see you back... btw
edit on 5-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sure, some of his requests were a little controlling and possessive but damn, you gave up someone you liked to continue reading the BS posted here?

Maybe you are a ltitle crazy.

Welcome back to the asylum.

Someone else will come along that doesn't demand you stop doing something you like, don't worry.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You people were right.

It's better to find out these things sooner, than later. No one should ever have to be controlled.

Glad to have you back, and I'm glad you're OK.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I read from page one and am SO glad to see you got away before HE got away with other stuff.
SO glad you're safe. BE safe. Hope he didn't find out where you live.
Hugs to you and SO much love and support, PartyGirl.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You people were right.

Partygirl back
But not yet back in action.

To tell the truth I hoped you would never return, and sailed away on the winds of time and turned into a myth. You know we were even thinking of turning you into a sort of religion. But alas Partygirl, even I can not quite deceive myself that well. And a little whisper told me that you would be back to the crazy house that is ATS.

Don't worry Partygirl, I am sure you will be fine, in fact you will be better of then fine. # has a habit of happening, but I suppose there are reasons even for that.

So what crazy plans are you planing now? And you know what they say, this god of yours works in mysterious ways. But I think you have learned by now, that those ways are harsh and to the point.

Welcome back Partygirl.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I figured I'd better say something.

First of all I had no idea so many people would comment on this thread or give me good advice. Or show they cared. It made me really happy but also embarrassed to come crawling back after this big dramatic exit.

So I guess I owe you people a response, those who still care, and to say I'm sorry I didn't listen to you.

Basically what you thought was going to happen is what happened. I started going with this guy and I really liked him for a lot of reasons. He's cute, and smart, and Christian, and near the same age as me, and we share a lot of the same values. But what most of you said was correct, he started making all my decisions for me and trying to control my life too much. The sad thing was how easily I went along. I'm a pretty strong-minded person but I got so lonely. Eventually he wouldn't let me call my parents anymore, so my brother got super-angry and drove over and there was a big ugly loud "confrontation." but it was a kind of wake-up call because I realized how important my family was.

There are two ATS members here who I kept in touch with, I want to thank you both for being very supportive. I'm sorry to bother one of you in particular (you know who you are) so much, and you've been very patient with me since a long time ago, when I first joined. I'm really sorry for bothering you so much. You are a very good person even though you are also an incredible jerk about women in another way, too. Good and a total jerk at the same time. People are very confusing! Part of me growing up the last few months has been learning that, learning to accept people's complecations and that good and bad can be in the same person. Anyway that's something else, check your u2u I wrote you something

I decided that I wanted to be with my family and people who know me and loved me, over the new boyfriend who only loved the "idea of me" and not the real me. And I decided I want to be with my friends on ATS while we watch the world collapse together, because its happening and its not going to be stopped! We have front row seats, don't you want to see it together too? I'll find another BF someday, I guess.

I also decided I'm not going to be such an attention-grubber too, ATS. There were some criticisms in this thread and actually upon reflection I agree, I am too much of a drama queen. This is the new me, sober and restrained, not seeking attention, humble, quietly discussing the news and issues, not myself or my drama-queen dramas. I'm not going to be that way anymore. This is the new party-girl, muted tones.

Thanks again to the people that cared enough, there are a lot of you, it is very touching!!! Peace on earth to all my friends on ATS around the world. love, partygirl

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You rock woman!

Major thumbs up to you for having good values and the strength of your beliefs!

It's wonderful you were strong enough to make the right choices FOR YOU and wonderful you were strong enough to come back here after self-contemplation and explain yourself. Not many people would have bothered.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Sounds like you had a growing experience. Do not regret it or wish it had not happened. You know now what to avoid in the future. There are good guys out there. You should look for the person that you are happy with, not the one that you think can make you happy. Happiness doesn't come from a person. It comes from within. Lot's of old wisdom there ponder it for a while.

You experienced the male conundrum fromthe receiveing side. Most men get with a woman hoping she will never change, and women get with a man hoping to change him. Find the one that you are happy with as is no changes. Not saying not to compromise, I'm talking about core values. You cannot change the core of who you are for anyone ever. You also cannot ask this of another person if you value them.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join