It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I started going with a new guy and he wants me off of ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I met somebody new this summer but we didn't get together until this weekend. I like him a lot.

We share a lot of the same values and I have been very picky about men. This is the first BF I've had in 3 years ! I'm taking it slow but I'm happy.

One thing is, though, he thought my ATS habit was "creepy." He kept asking me "why do you spend so much time on that creepy board" and yesterday he asked me to stop posting here, because he doesnt "like the kind of people who hang out on those places." He also said my avatar was "inappropriate" and I shouldnt put my real name here (which I have done before).

Well I think its a little unreasonable but I like him a lot so I am going to try to comply with his wishes for a while. I told him he can't control what I read online, he doesn't have that right, but in the interests of compromise I will stop posting for a while. I thought about it and I think that's fair.

So I am going to take a little break for a while, ATS. You have been a lot of fun for me and i think a lot of you are my real friends. But I'm going to stop for a while and see how it goes. Later I might come back. If not, I want to thank you for a really interesting time. I learned a lot and I will miss you.

Partygirl,

Logging off and going dark for now.

+125 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Sounds like the beginning of a possessive relationship.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm available...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

First off you must do what you feel is right. If you are serious and he is to I dont see anything wrong with taking a break. Good luck and hope everything works out. I should of the same when my 4th wife asked me to lay low from ats for a while.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DIDtm

I agree.

but whatever, if you really like him then good for you.

Hopefully he'll come around eventually and realize how silly it is to feel threatened by an internet forum.

Farewell.

edit on 6-12-2011 by BoneMosaic because: spelling

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why did you even tell him?

What else did you change for him?

And you just met him???

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Well tell him you think its creepy he doesnt come on this creppy board

I second the possessive relationship btw

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Hope you find what your looking for

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Just a warning: Control issues start small... that's something you should think about while you're gone.

All the best, and I hope to see you again, soon.

See ya,
Milt

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Is he your dad or boyfriend?

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
For the past 12 years, I've worked with abused and battered Women. Not all abuse is physical, there is also emotional, mental, abuse. The one thing about all abuse is...it starts with control issues.

I wish you the best of luck Dear...but, remember, we are still here, waiting for you. And we don't judge you like your new friend does.

Bright Blessings,

Des

link   

Hey, it's up to you. If you want this guy enough to stop posting on ATS, I suppose he's worth it?
And he's right,I hang out here sometimes and I'm "creepy".

Flag, but no star for you, partygirl..........
edit on 6-12-2011 by kyred because: Because........

+3 more 
link   

We share a lot of the same values and I have been very picky about men. This is the first BF I've had in 3 years ! I'm taking it slow but I'm happy.
One thing is, though, he thought my ATS habit was "creepy." He kept asking me "why do you spend so much time on that creepy board" and yesterday he asked me to stop posting here, because he doesnt "like the kind of people who hang out on those places." He also said my avatar was "inappropriate" and I shouldnt put my real name here (which I have done before).

I kind of remember your avatar before, I don't remember seeing anything "inappropriate". And who remembers names anyways, but it is best to keep your real name away from internet forums.

How does he have the same values, if he thinks ATS is creepy?
We even have a food forum.

He sounds like a bit of a control freak to me, but then again, I also don't think people should be telling each other how to behave.

Don't let this guy push you around. Be careful.
Be sure, it's better to be alone, than to have someone try to control you.

+2 more 
link   
Do what you must, but I would never let another person tell me what forum I can or cannot post on. He calls it a creepy board yet probably doesn't know a thing about us. I bet he's creepier than me or many of the other people on here looking for truth in the world.

Also, how was your avatar inappropriate? If I remember, it was a portrait of yourself smiling.... doesn't sound like the kinda guy I'd like to hang with. But hey I won't judge.
Goodluck.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Just a warning: Control issues start small... that's something you should think about while you're gone.

See ya,
Milt

Dont worry, we will see her soon. Even if it works out this site has a hold on its user far stronger than any drug, she will be back

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sounds like an insecure douche

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

See ya,
Milt

Also you can tell hes possessive she changed her avatar from her pic to this flower theme

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wish you all the luck in the world - really.
However, if tomorrow there is another
request and then another, etc etc. please
be prepared for that because I think just
from what you have told us he may be
possessive.
He does know this isn't a dating site, right?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I have never made a requirement for my woman to stop doing anything. I have mentioned I don't like certain things and she doesn't do that around me (I notice and appreciate that about her). I agree with the first response, sounds like the beginning of a possessive relationship. Especially if you start feeling like you can't go anywhere without his approval.

If there is any sign of domestic abuse leave and call the cops.

If all goes well, I hope you have a good relationship.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Be careful...been down this road before. It's all about control...starts small and ends with you telling stories about how how you got the bruises by tripping and falling down the stairs........good luck.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join