It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muppets accused of "brainwashing children against rich"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Sorry, this is just stupid to me, these are Muppets for crying out loud.

Maybe if people are critical of the rich there is a reason for it??

Awww poor wittle rich people, got your feelings hurt? Its not enough for you to enslave the people...now we have to like you for it?

Cry me a river.

Source: The Telegraph

Eric Bolling, host of Fox's "Follow the Money" criticised the character of Tex Richman, the villain in the new The Muppets film.

"Liberal Hollywood depicting a successful businessman as evil? That's not new," he said.

Bolling added he came from a poor background and his parents would point out wealthy individuals as aspirational ideals, "not pointing the finger at Tex Richman and saying he's a bad guy".

Dan Gainor from the conservative Media Research Center took up the theme.

"This is a Muppet movie," said Gainor. "The only thing green that should be up there on that screen is Kermit the Frog."

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Of course they do. Thts why they are called 'Muppets" !!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Hey, who else but Fox to piddle all over a children's movie? Maybe the guy torturing cats on YouTube works for them. The concept of putting the rich guy as a bad guy as well has been around ever since the beginning of theater! Damn, have they whined about Mr Burns on the Simpsons? Tried to catch Robin Hood? Burn down freaking Disneyland, while at peak capacity no less yet? I'm amazed they haven't. May they enjoy a sound case of explosive displacement of their lower bowel regions this fine holiday season.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Depicting evil as a rich man in a business suit? Looking at the world today, this is a fact of life for the most part. But, then again, the same people that I hear harping about this stuff also seem to have a problem with self-evident facts of life on a regular basis

edit on 6-12-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join