It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what point does the action of US authority figures (govt, etc) become treasonous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The threshold on what constitutes "terrorism" by ordinary, otherwise law abiding citizens, keeps rising (ie, support of libertarian leaning candidates; a strong belief in the US Constitution, especially the right to free speech and redress of grievances, the 2nd amendment and more). Should we, the citizens of this republic, not consider when the actions of our legislators, POTUS and the executive branch, judges, local law enforcement and the military, especially those following a globalist (read NWO) agenda constitute "treason"? Senate Bill 1867 basically declares the country to be a de facto war zone. This could be setting the stage for a future declaration of martial law and the enactment of a host of Presidential Orders (along the lines of COG & Rex84) that will nullify the Constitution. Are not the enemies of the Constitution traitors to this republic? Where do we draw the line....? Your comments and thoughts please.
edit on 6-12-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Two years ago but why worry? no one else seems to care. You got a president who committed treason along with Hillary and Ivo and people never even looked up. And there is tons of actual press and photographic evidence as well as their own testimony. Consorting with and giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Whats the point now?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thats the 6 million dollar question. But whats to be done about it? Who`s going to do it? Surely not the sheeple, they are to busy watching soaps on the box and stuffing them selves full of mc donalds.
That being said, if you decide to do any thing, then you will be called a terrorist. Theres plenty of room in Fema camps, for any one who decides to go against the norm. The only stepping up to the plate will be to eat another mc donalds. Go back to sleep, every things alright and the govt is looking out and after you.
edit on 6-12-2011 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Yes there have been lots of documented instances, including POTUSBHO being named to a high UN post in violation of our constitution. What is the point? Well, one or two isolated acts may not bring down the republic but a large conspiracy of those in government to foster a new world order at the expense of our country is a matter of life or death for the republic. We are obviously heading to a quickening - eventually it will be too late to stop it but in the meantime holding our government officials accountable to a standard that defines treason like they are trying to do the common citizen for terrorism is the only hope for the republic (that and meaningful changes in country's fiscal situation). "Hope and Change" come full circle.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

It would have to come with charges being made against certain members of government. Members of Congress can remove a President (Articles of Impeachment) for "high crimes (treason) and misdemeanors." Although we do not have an independent judicial branch (ie AG Holder) the charges against other government officials would have to be made through the Dept of Justice. The military has it's own judicial system (Court of Military Justice).

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I hear you. I just think the public at large is too stupid, dumbed down, flouridated _________(insert favorite here) to really know or be able to respond.

sad stuff.

Good OP and question btw.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
they passed that point long ago..
the majority of the american people just havent faced up to the fact yet...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker

I hear you. I just think the public at large is too stupid, dumbed down, flouridated _________(insert favorite here) to really know or be able to respond.

And that is how they, the ubiquitous ''they'' or ''TPTB'', can get away with such a vast and complicated conspiracy to defraud and betray the American people. It is truly a sad state of affairs.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That point has came and went. With the Jekyll island monster eliminating a gold back curancy the BS laws (IRS) that are enforced to coral or herd citizens in to a corner to bow to the government. Logan law not enforced Glass–Steagall Act repealed patriot act patriot act 2.0. But my pet pea is not letting the government know in a load voice "YOU WORK FOR US" If folks would of spoke up long ago. sad sad sad

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
IMO the rubicon has already been crossed.

But for many people if S.1867 is made into law, it will have been crossed.

I wish the military would just overthrow those bastards, arrest them all and set up new elections. But I won't hold my breath since most generals are neo-cons who love a big fascist state letting the banks loot the country.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

In my opinion S. 1867 is the "crossing of the Rubicon".....It should be noted that, using this historical military metaphor, an invading army (even if on the threshold of the point of no return) is at it's most vulnerable point. Stop 'em in the water!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

In my opinion, the line in the sand will be when the House passes the Indefinite Detention Bill and Obama signs it. Stewart Rhodes, founder of the OathKeepers states that the passing of this Bill will be a Declaration of War against the American People. When this Bill passes, which I believe it will, then I look for the OathKeepers to lead the battle that will come.

I know this is InfoWars, but I post this video to show the exact words of Stewart Rhodes concerning this Bill. His interview starts at 4:45..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Funnily enough, there's a whole movement right now that's complaining about 'that sort of thing.'
They are being stopped from protesting, and their belongings are being trashed. They are being pepper sprayed. They are being beaten. They are being shot at with projectiles. They are being silenced.
The right to peaceably assemble in protest has been taken away. I call that treason.
When the people are afraid of the government, rather than the other way around, the treason has already happened. You have been usurped. Your vote counts for nothing. The lobbyists have won.
You have given up and taken their spoon-feeding.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
They crossed that Rubicon a LOOOOONG time ago. The sheeple never realized it. They never will. That is why they are sheeple.

We need some leaders willing to stand up for the sheeple, stupid as they may be. Most people are made to follow the herd, and not only need but WANT someone to tell them what to do, every step of the way. It's sad but true, that is what enables the banksters and their minions to hoodwink everyone. Who was it who said, "A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves"?

The American revolution was instigated by a very small percentage of the population, sticking up for the rest of them, most of whom were afraid to rock the boat and willing to just go along to get along, just like they are now.

It only takes about one percent of the people to change things. Three thousand people, unified, and committed, and willing to die for their beliefs, can topple empires. Willing to die for their beliefs is the kicker, here. There is almost no one man enough to even think of that anymore. Everyone else will just go along with whomever wins, because they are chicken hearted cowards.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They simply change the definition, meaning and dialog of the laws to match their needs.

How else could an illegal alien that has committed identity theft become president?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

new topics

top topics

active topics

join