It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do American's dislike treason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I was seeing alot of posted on how, there are all these people who have commited treason.

How a treasonist act is horrendous, and anyone doing so should be put to death, or improsoned for life.

This is especially true, when muslims are involved.

Now I had to ask myself, why would a country who was built on treason, be so anti-treason.
I would expect that they would have some sympathy.

Here is a good explanation of the American Revolution.
American Revolution

America commited treason against the British throne.
They had a list of reasons why, but so does every person who commits treason.

America was built on treason, and now there is no sympathy for those who act in the same manner.

It might be argued that the traitors now are commiting horendous crimes,
but the same can be said from the British point of view from the 1770's.
There were many lives lost.

I am not advocating treason, I am just curious of the stance that treason is such a horrible thing, without associating it with the revolution.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Troll much?

Treason is betraying your country. Not sure why your not grasping how this is a bad thing. When your wife tells you she has been cheating on you, do you not feel betrayed?

The Americans had good reason to declare their independence.

edit on 6-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe they yearn for the days of the crown again?

Maybe?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Probably because those being called for treason are those who are in power. they are destroying what the conman man fought for all those years ago.

Why there is no sympathy is because during the Revolution it was for the betterment of the American people against a tyrannical leadership. Today it is the select few #ING over the American people to gain more power.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Treason is relative and usually defined by the loyalists.

Imagine somebody being executed because he snitched on the location of the boys clubhouse to the local girls.

That's basically treason.

Since the nation-state has risen above self, family and co-opted god it's worth fighting for, killing for and dying for.

A comedy of tragedies.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Americans are different now than they were in the 1770's, most people see any sorta of violence, let alone "treason", as wrong and disgusting since most Americans are used to a sheltered life thanks to microwaves and the media desensitizing everything we read and watch... Its commin knowledge that Americans cause most of the worlds problems and our only solution is violence, yet while american blood spills on foreign soil, the news blasts us with drunk celebrities and stupid dog shows... As an American who could be considered treasonist, i say to the world, Im Sorry.

Now, back to Whiskey.

Oh, one more thing, don't ask about that mention about the microwave (long story
)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Troll much?

Treason is betraying your country. Not sure why your not grasping how this is a bad thing. When your wife tells you she has been cheating on you, do you not feel betrayed?

The Americans had good reason to declare their independence.

How is he trolling? It's a valid question. For all of it's purported glory, America still kills those it deems traitors and refuses to let states seceed without a revolution. Sounds like every other country in history.

So much for the right of humans to guide their destiny and all that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Treason as in your country, or in you bedroom, treason is treason tell that to the familys of the 12 or so CIA agents caught or killed in iran, the US has kept quiet, on this and the deaths of seal team 6, so lets blame the right people, and ask wheres the investagtion the Obama media is spoon fed.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
If you even have to ask this you should do more research into tyrannical dictatorships!

new topics

top topics

join