It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF is "Space Vehicle Number 6"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I noticed something weird in S.1867 mentioning "Space Vehicle Number 5" and "Space Vehicle Number 6". With all the concerns about the "detainee" and constitutional issues surrounding S.1867, this seems to have been glossed-over.

Sentate Bill S.1867: "Natioal Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012"

Link to S.1867

Division A: "Department of Defense Authorizations"
Title I: "Procurement"
Sub-Title C: "Air Force Programs",
Section 131: "Procurement of Advanced Extremely High Frequency Satellites"
Page 29, Line 19:

"Use of Funds Avaialble for Space Vehicle Number 5 for Space Vehicle Number 6."

"The Secreatary my obligate and expend amounts authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 2012 by section 101 for procurement for the Air Force as specified in the funding table in section 4101 and available for the avance procurement of long-lead parts and the replacement of obsolete parts for advanced extremely high frequency satellite space vehicle number 5 for the advanced procurement of long-lead parts and replacement of obsolete parts for advance extremely high frequency satellite space vehicle number 6.

Anybody else think that sounds weird?

My guess is that this is a reference to a pair of X-37c's that may apparently already be in operation. I say "may already be in operation", because it talks about parts and stuff. Of course, that could be parts for original construction, not maintenance.

Anybody else got a better answer?

edit on 2011-12-6 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Spelling, grammar, formatting, change in orbits of SV5 and SV6.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

I think this is maybe what they're referring to...perhaps upgrading components in on the ground units yet to be launched.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

The "Extremely High Frequencey" part caught my attention:

Extremely high frequency is the highest radio frequency band. EHF runs the range of frequencies from 30 to 300 gigahertz, above which electromagnetic radiation is considered to be low (or far) infrared light, also referred to as terahertz radiation.

Weapons Systems

With Raytheon the U.S. Air Force has developed a nonlethal weapon system called Active Denial System (ADS) which emits a beam of radiation with a wavelength of 3 mm.[5] The weapon is reportedly not dangerous and causes no physical harm, but is extremely painful and causes the target to feel an intense burning pain, as if his or her skin is going to catch fire.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 12/6/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
They do say they are satellites. That seems to be the word none of you have paid any attention too.
That said, it sure sounds like they aren't normal satellites. EHF satellites? wtf?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Ah, yes. That does sound like a more reasonable (but less conspiratorial, and hence boring) explanation.

edit on 2011-12-6 by EnhancedInterrogator because: Sorry, originally replied to wrong reply.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I don't think it's boring. It sounds like they are able to target an individual from space with a pin point EHF beam that makes one feel as if they are on fire.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Sorry, I just never heard anybody refer to a "satellite" as a "space vehicle". Maybe it's because I am not in that industry.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

I don't think it's boring. It sounds like they are able to target an individual from space with a pin point EHF beam that makes one feel as if they are on fire.

Sorry, I mean to reply to NuminousCosmos's reply, not yours.
Your's is definitely not boring.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Here's more info:
www.fbo.gov...

Just sounds like a routine extension to the DOD/Air Force AEHF communications satellite program.
This program is generally classified at the Secret level. If it had some truly exotic or revolutionary technology, it would be classified at a much higher level and most likely be done by the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO).

new topics

top topics

join