It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Your Honest Opinion (I Think LOL!)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by GLaDOS

Terrible, what an abomination

Are you joking or serious? It's ok if you really don't think it's any good...I want honest opinions...just wondering.

I was joking lol
they're pretty good for starters but they lack emotion if you know what i mean.. they seem too flat, but as I said, good for starters.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wednesday
December 07, 2011 is today's Date for the world., and with this topic ? I want your honest opinion.,
my opinions today is to judge the case of this world.....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Okay then. Back on Earth...

I was watching one of my favorite shows a couple of weeks ago, American Chopper. They'd made a motorcycle that looks much like a horse. The guy that did the paint job on the tank, who's a phenomenal artist, was spraying the tank to look like a horse's mane and he commented that hair was one of the most difficult things to render realistically.

As I scrolled down, I thought the first picture was a photo when I first saw just the hair.

So, yes I think you most definitely have the talent to successfully pursue this, and I don't think you need to spend a ton of money on supplies.

You know the staff member masqua is a professional artist and all-around good guy. You might start a dialogue with him if you have any questions about art and the pursuit thereof.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I saw that too! They did an awesome job on that bike. Thanks for your post....to me the hardest thing is the nose (as you can see:lol
I'll check out the artist you mentioned....I was looking at some here earlier, and WOW...we have some talented artists here.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Yes I know what you mean. I have a lot to learn

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
From a realistic, not being mean standpoint these are amateur looking. You need to study basic shapes first and how shadows fall on objects. Then move onto more complex objects. Artists study anatomy more than a medical doctor ;P. Knowing every muscle and bone is the key to drawing realistic humans or any animal.

But keep practicing it takes years to get REALLY good, you have potential.

It is, of course, about seeing and rendering accurate shapes and tones...and it takes practice.

But, she posted these here with the understanding that they were first efforts, so one wouldn't expect professional work. But there is amateur and amateur. She shows a better understanding than most of how to work with tone and transition.

I think it's about visualizing, seeing, then expressing what you see. It's vital to be able to draw accurately, but ANYONE can learn that. (Unless they're blind.) Trust me. But once you know how to draw things as they are, you can draw things as you envision them, emphasizing the parts that excite you the most.

Anyway, the OP has done some figurative / portrait work here that does show promise. She has not claimed to be professional. So, we maybe ought to go from the starting point that these are not presented as professional pieces.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Right....not presented as professional works of finished art by any means.....or even art yet...just a sample of baby steps toward that means.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by snewpers
reply to post by Lykantroph11

Really? On the first image, try and imagine the subjects
left eye. Good thing she has her 'hair' like that doesn't she

That image is skewed and warped.

The second image... well just check proportions there.

There's absolutely no reason why StealthyKat should stop
drawing if she likes it! I know some artists that can produce an
awesome sketch on a napkin with a 20 cent pencil. It's not
just the materials, it's the time you invest in exploring the
subjects.

Whoaaa HOLD UP Hey i didnt say she should stop drawing at all!!! Don't twist my text around plzzz.

@ StealthyKat: I'm sorry if my comment go across as if you should stop drawing. You're done a nice job and you should continue drawing and I think's it's cool that you dare to show your work because I get very shy when it comes to showing my own work. Hope you understand what I was trying to say

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

LOL! Yeah, I was nervous because I have seen the other member art, and mine looks so amatuer next to theirs, but I just went for it

Exactly and I like that! I get totally nervous and weird. I can doodle & draw but I'm an amateur by all the proffesional standards.... I've sold a piece once tho but I was sooo freaking nervous I couldnt handle the transaction. My sister had to take over so I could flee LoL

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yes, I understood. No worries there. I wouldn't stop anyway, I wanted constructive criticism so I would know what I need to work on......and I appreciate you comments!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

That's how I am too! If you sold one, you must be good though! The reason I posted it those is because when you do something, it's good to let fresh eyes see it, because they may see things you overlook. How else can I learn what I need to know if no one ever sees it, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Wow these are really really good, the second appeals to me more, maybe it’s the darker ink, but I would defiantly hang them on my wall,

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Awwwww you're sweet! Thanks girl!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

if you only spent a few hours on those pic's , i think theyre very good, especially the hair in first pic, i'd say you've certainly got a tallent and should pursue it.
i'm probably not in a position to give advice, but you should try using a mechanical pencil.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Thanks Lacrimosa...I'll try it!

posted on Feb, 16 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
This is more a question than a critique:

What if you were to just loosen it up a bit? What I mean is, think less - draw more. Like someone mentioned it lacked soul, well its more like youre thinking it too much and not just letting it come. At first this might result in sloppy weird sketches but they eventually turn into something with amazing heart and soul in them, like some of Picasso's early sketches, or Leonardo.

I suck so badly at hands/feet and photorealism I am embarrassed at times, so don't take my words too personally please

Don't ever give it up, you're doing it for a reason and it's up to you to find out why

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliquandro

Yes...I know what you're saying. It's true. Thanks!

posted on May, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm just going to save some time and say to read JustSlowlyBackAway's post on the first page, because it's pretty much the same thing I'd say to you.

You certainly have the eye for it, and the rendering ability. My only advice is the same as any endeavor...practice, practice, practice.

People are tricky...it's almost impossible to get a good likeness from a live model, as minor movements can have big results on the paper...and it is far more difficult than most realize to stay still for minutes at a time.

For this reason, I recommend drawing people from photos, if you're not already doing so.

For shading practice, nothing beats drilling with still life objects though.

I think you've got a real talent though...keep it up, especially if it makes you happy. I wish I could spend more time doing it. Luckily, now with our own house, I'll get a chance to do some muraling for us, so that will be fun. I still often do portrait drawings as holiday gifts, just because it's real satisfying to see a teary eyed response to a gift...

Best of luck SC!

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
They Are Hideously awesome!!! They are my kind of drawing, dark with many contrasts and such.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join