It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want Your Honest Opinion (I Think LOL!)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
OK....*lump in throat*.....I have just started trying to learn how to sketch people. I always wanted to learn how to draw, and so I went and bought some pencils and a sketch pad. I NEVER have the guts to show anyone, but my best friend said she thought it was good. I have seen the art on these threads, and I am not even close to their skill...but I am just curious. I am very critical of myself.... So, I decided to seek the opinion of you guys, since I KNOW most of you will be brutaly honest
I'll probably regret this....but here are 2 I did yesterday really quick. I could probably do better, as these were just a couple of quick ones I did as an example. Is this something I should persue? Or should I move on to something else? I don't want to spend a ton of money on supplies if it will go nowhere. I'll always just do simple pencil sketches such as this for fun, but what I want to know is....do you see any potential....enough where I should invest time and money? Be HONEST please.....
Also, keep in mind I did both of these in about an hour, so not my best.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
omg they're rubbish!!

only joking they're pretty damn good
you certainly get my vote...

btw who is the chick in the first pic... shes looks pretty damn good too...

edit on 6/12/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i can't draw to save my life! i really like these, looks like artwork from a computer game or someting.

very good!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Amazing!!! you have a true talent..keep it up!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just started my arse!

Those are very good for "just starting" I'm sure others will agree.

Before I scrolled down from the top I thought the first pic's hair was real....actually it still looks real.
Nicely done.

link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

those are great, i can't draw well and id love to have your talents

Never give up on a dream

link   

Really good, I don't think you'll have any bad comment.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They look really good, the bottom one almost looks like an actual photo...
from me!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Its GOOD looking forward to seeing more.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Terrible, what an abomination

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

They good way better than i could do.Just a ? for you how long did they take exactly?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

Not a very nice comment! Uncalled for!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I'm a full time painter, working in oils. (retired from something else. Now I have time) I specialize in portrait work. I'm also a realist painter. I'm giving you that background because I wanted to tell you that your work is NOT the work of an unskilled beginner. You've done two pieces that certainly were not easy. And you did them well.

Now, as far as whether or not you ought to invest in materials and continue. You should if you want to. Most people doing art seriously do it because they can't not. It isn't whether you will end up rich, because you most likely won't. It's about whether it feeds your soul. Do it for that reason, and the rest follows.

I like the way that you worked with tone and line in the first one. The hair is believable, but not labored. Your drawing skills are solid if you could nail a reasonable likeness like this in such a short time. I would have guessed that this was the work of a more practiced artist.

I'd sat it's up to you whether or not you go on. There is no wrong choice. But it needs to come from your heart, not from advice from other people.

Oh! And it's never a waste of time. There is such joy in doing this.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Thats good, I do good just to wright my name.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Kudos Saint's sista! Self portrait by chance? Love the emphasis on the lips, makes me wanna kiss em'!

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
wow, very impressive!
I think the first one is totally awesome !
Go for it for sure, nice work. I would imagine people are hard to do, but I dunno. I can barely do stick people.

seriously though, those are beautiful.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thanks for all your opinions! OK....now I'll say this....the first one I did while looking at a pic of Angelina Jolie. I didn't want it to look exactly like her, but I used her pic as eference. The second one was based on Catherine Zeta Jones.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

How long did they take

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

Do you mean you don't think they are really mine? Yes, I assure you they are....I have been drawing just for fun for most of my life, but I have just recently tried "realistic" faces. I was just trying to look at the photos and draw the face from that. So these are new to me. I adjusted the shadows some on picasa a little so they would show up better. Thatnks for your advice, I appreciate it!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

About an hour, hour and 1/2.That's why they are kind of unfininished. I really want to paint, but first I have to learn proportion etc for faces....that's what IO'm having the most trouble with.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join