It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody know the deftones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I have been talking to my friends and NONE of them have heard of the Deftones! Its scary almost! *runs to deftones file*
deftones!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Deftones early stuff is really good. Lately, though, I've been annoying by their repetitiveness. I love Chino's voice, and i've seen them live several times, but they've only put on one good live performance that i've seen. IMO, they generally suck live - they mess up a lot, and Chino's voice is rarely as great as I know it can be.

I'm more of a fan of Chino's side project lately, though. It's called Team Sleep and laregely instrumental. Highly reccomended.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
of course I know the deftones.

I have all of their CD's.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Theyre pretty good...i started lsitening to them after hearing The Matrix soundtrack. Then i went and got there CD.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Deftones... I dig them!

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sure know them. I also prefered their early stuff. 'Adrenaline' was awesome, and Engine N.9 will always be my favorite songs from them.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Everybody knows the 'tones.
I prefer their old stuff, much better

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
They are well know here in Portugal, but I think Portugal is one of those countries that like all kinds off.
I also think that the first albuns where better, I do not like them much, but at least I know them.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hate the Deftones. If I had to classify their style of music I would say it's, Country-mosh. A bunch of whining set to hardcore(ish) music. The crappiest of the crap.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I used to listen to them back in high school...like in 98...I still have one CD from them I listen to from time to time..."Around the Fur" - I have to agree with the majority opinion here tho...their more recent albums (if you want to call them "recent") are not quite up to par...

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I hate the Deftones. If I had to classify their style of music I would say it's, Country-mosh. A bunch of whining set to hardcore(ish) music. The crappiest of the crap.
i thought i had a minority opinion around here. We are in agreence on this matter.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Well I also think deftones kick some serious A$$. Especially the Adrenaline cd.

TOOL is by far my favorite band though.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
been hooked on around the fur most of this week, all day, over and over.

MX!

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
woot i just resurrected a 3 yr old thread btw!

SR

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Three years on and Deftones are still rocking!!! Was really dissapointed the last time i seen them Chino was like out of breath all the time. Did anyone enjoy 'Saturday Night Wrist' i liked most of it but it pails compared to Adrenaline and White Pony for me personally.

join