It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Most Fav CC Carrier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just got in my 5.11 Tactical Concealed Carry shirt. The Shirt

This is the most comfortable CC I own. I have ITB, OTB, paddle holsters galore, and I will NEVER leave the house not wearing this (gonna buy 2 more... sweaty tangonine and all that, gotta keep clean!).

In all seriousness, if you CC, THIS shirt is mandatory. No one will make you, it keeps 2 pistols or 1 pistol + 3 mags totally hidden. I give this thing 30 stars out of 5.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

It looks comfortable enough.
In the video though the guy prints bad, and seems bulky.
As an under shirt it could work as long as you don't tuck in.
I have issues on whether you would be able to draw without making a spectacle and in a stressful situation how quickly.
I have my Bianchi scorpio setup and can change out holsters for the flavor of the day.
Even some lefty's in case I need to feel extra secure.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by tangonine

It looks comfortable enough.
In the video though the guy prints bad, and seems bulky.
As an under shirt it could work as long as you don't tuck in.
I have issues on whether you would be able to draw without making a spectacle and in a stressful situation how quickly.
I have my Bianchi scorpio setup and can change out holsters for the flavor of the day.
Even some lefty's in case I need to feel extra secure.

It is undershirt, so I wear something over it (not a problem in my climate). But as all us CC folks know it's a balance between comfort and access. It isn't bulky at all, and you do want to tuck it in (it comes extra long).

Regarding draw time: an ITB or OTB paddle would be much faster, certainly, and I love a good paddle, but in the warmer climates they're a pain to conceal without getting 'made'

I find this shirt is a solid half-way point: 1) I can get to my weapon inside 2 seconds. 2) damn this thing is comfy! 3) No one will notice and it allows me to carry in situations I wouldn't ordinarily be able to carry in without it being obvious.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Does it sag to the carrying side?

Would you put a couple of loaded mags on the opposite side to balance the load?

Isnt opening velcro with one hand a time costing PITA?

What size firearm are you carrying in it?
edit on 6-12-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I thought it would sag! That was my one worry.. but amazingly enough, it holds tight and no sagging (and it has an extra layer of support at the bottom, if you're worried about wear from the muzzle or jagged tears from the sights of a wheel gun). I can actually, now, CC my .44 special bulldog! I love that pistol and I've had a heck of a time finding a way to CC it, but not any more!

I'm actually torn between putting 2 mags on the opposite side or hell, just another gun! It's THAT comfortable.

There are two velcro seals but they're not as much a hindrance as you might think, and if you don't like them, the pocket is situated so that you can have the butt of the pistol extending through one of them.

I've CC'd for 10 years, and by far, this is my #1 choice. Comfortable in all climates, easily concealable, the shirt breathes so you don't even know you're wearing it.

It's all a matter of what comes naturally to you, and I realize a lot of folks won't like it, and that's good: do what you feel comfortable with. I just offer this as an alternative and one that I find exceptional. If you don't like it and you're more comfortable with a paddle holster, then do what you do to keep safe

edit on 6-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

I thought it would sag! That was my one worry.. but amazingly enough, it holds tight and no sagging (and it has an extra layer of support at the bottom, if you're worried about wear from the muzzle or jagged tears from the sights of a wheel gun). I can actually, now, CC my .44 special bulldog! I love that pistol and I've had a heck of a time finding a way to CC it, but not any more!

I'm actually torn between putting 2 mags on the opposite side or hell, just another gun! It's THAT comfortable.

There are two velcro seals but they're not as much a hindrance as you might think, and if you don't like them, the pocket is situated so that you can have the butt of the pistol extending through one of them.

I've CC'd for 10 years, and by far, this is my #1 choice. Comfortable in all climates, easily concealable, the shirt breathes so you don't even know you're wearing it.

It's all a matter of what comes naturally to you, and I realize a lot of folks won't like it, and that's good: do what you feel comfortable with. I just offer this as an alternative and one that I find exceptional. If you don't like it and you're more comfortable with a paddle holster, then do what you do to keep safe

edit on 6-12-2011 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

Yup, it's important to do what we're like and comfortable with.

new topics

top topics

join