It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Leader Nasrallah Makes Rare Public Appearance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Hezbollah Leader Nasrallah Makes Rare Public Appearance

www.bbc.co.uk

The leader of the Lebanese Shia Islamist group, Hezbollah, has made his first public appearance for several years at a rally in Beirut.

Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah normally speaks to his supporters via video-link, but on Tuesday he addressed a crowd marking the religious festival of Ashura.

He said his group was stronger than ever and would never give up its arms.

"I wanted to be with you for few minutes... to renew our pledge and for the world to hear us," he added.

The crowd chanted, "Death to Israel" in response.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It has been a very quiet few days in terms of news worthy events coming from the Middle East as opposed to the past couple of weeks.

It seems everybody is saber rattling and banging the war drum. Is Sheikh Nasrallah another religious nut or does he see the bigger picture? I vote both;

The Hezbollah leader also lashed out at the opposition Syrian National Council, whose leader, Burhan Ghalioun, has said that a new Syria government would cut its special relationship with Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas.

He accused the Syrian opposition of trying to curry favour with the United States and Israel, and of allowing itself to be used.

Further;

"A message to all those who are conspiring against the resistance and banking on change... We will never let go of our arms," he vowed.

"We are tens of thousands of trained fighters, who are all ready to die," he added. "Day after day, the resistance gains more fighters, trains better fighters and arms even more heavily. Every weapon that rusts is replaced."

It very much appears that it was an extremely momentous occasion for proponents on the Hezbollah.

The article states that the Sheikh appeared in the crowd out of nowhere, flanked by body guards. There is a vacancy on the mantle piece in the IDF bar for the Sheikh's head.

Things continue to reach boiling point over there.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics

That alone, IMO, makes them the "bad guys" when it comes down to it.

Although I'm sure, our leaders says "Death to Iran" in private.. I'm sure

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics

That alone, IMO, makes them the "bad guys" when it comes down to it.

Although I'm sure, our leaders says "Death to Iran" in private.. I'm sure

I disagree, during the invasion of Iraq there were similar sentiments from the American people. The people that turn up for such public addresses (I realise the precedent of the one mentioned in the article was religious) you expect the 'followers'.

That is just how those people have been conditioned. Compared to the rest of the world, same conditioning different agenda.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I'm surprised Israel doesn't have a Predator type drone hovering around Beirut all the time for just this kind of occasion. I'm pretty sure Nasrallah is their #1 target to take out. That's why he never shows up in public. Sooner or later, they will get him. I wouldn't bet against it.

new topics

top topics

join