It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Thank you. You were able to say something I was not because I couldn't gather my thoughts on the matter. You said exactly what I was thinking but wasn't able to type fully.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by trailertrash

Your child steals by using a gun, that child will go to prison for the rest of the childs life. christianity teaches morals. If your response is parents can teach morals without church, then why dont they, and why are the prisons over flowing?

I recommend you go check out prison for awhile

Prison is overflowing with the religious. Dead serious...there are more faithful behind bars than you meet at your local bar. They make crosses out of plastic wrap they put on sandwiches, hold prayer meetings -nightly-, etc.

You know what you don't see a lot of in prisons...atheists. (then again, it could be the foxhole theory at work here)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Because it isn't up to the school system to teach children what is right and what is wrong. That is completely up to the parents. Especially because there are different thoughts on what is right and what is wrong.
Take both of us for example. You think teaching children right, wrong, and morals through church is what's right.
I disagree completely. I think teaching right, wrong, and morals has nothing to do with church is what's right.

ETA: Also, morals depend on the person as well. For some, it's 'morally correct' to bash others for being different. For others, it's 'morally correct' to accept everyone as they are.
edit on 7/12/2011 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

far too many people in this culture today are far too obssessed with what consenting adults do with their genitals. it needs to STOP. this is an area that is: patently nobody's business other than the person who's preferences are being mis-scrutinized, and 2. a VERY wrong-headed thing to be concerned with in light of the fact that human civilization is now in apocalyptic free fall...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

exactly!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

no it is unethical to not tell someone, especially a child that something is dangerous, or that they are going to get hurt. P.S. dont play with ouija boards.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Again, that still has to deal with the parents. Some parents think it's right and okay to teach their kids to shoot guns at a young age. Others disagree and think it's harmful.
Other things are common sense issues, like playing in the street, playing with fire or knives, etc.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

so a parent with the IQ of 70 votes to remove prayer and church related activities from a school that their child attends. Teaching morals is up to that parent alone. So i guess the old saying is wrong, "it takes a village to raise a child", and should be rewritten to be " it takes a village to raise a criminal", or "it takes a village to raise an idiot".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
Are you serious?? You must be joking. Homosexuality is NOT a medical condition. It's a normal, human sexuality just like heterosexuality is. In fact, it's not /just/ a human sexuality, it's a natural sexuality. It happens in, if I remember correctly, 450+ species other than humans. If homosexuality is a medical condition, heterosexuality must be one too, considering they're the exact same thing only with different sexes involved.

You can't keep dragging out the old 'it's nature because people were born that way' argument. Many psychopaths were born that way. So if they go on to murder someone, that's OK because it's natural is it? People are born with all sorts of medical conditions and genetic abnormalities. We try to make it better for them but hey, gayness is sacrosanct! I don't have a religious bone in my body. But I will not accept it's right or 'natural' thank you very much! Nor does this make me a 'homophobe' - another word the gay lobby likes to throw around. I say this because I have mates who are gay, nor would I discriminate in terms of employment. But label me that I don't care. In this world of Big Brother we are still entitled to our personal opinions.
Going back to the original post - it is wrong to use your child this way whatever the issue is.
edit on 7-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

You are confusing natural with moral. Just because something is natural that doesn't make it moral, I agree. But he's talking to people that claim that being gay isn't natural...

Psychopaths are natural too, do you know what else is natural? Diseases and Viruses...

The difference between a psychopath and a homosexual is that psychopaths are dangerous while homosexuality is not...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Based on an aggrivatingly strenuous and tear-filled ten minutes I spent smashing my balls whilst going over your posts in this thread, I have deducted that you are nothing more than a troll.
edit on 7-12-2011 by WienelPistor because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

The difference between a psychopath and a homosexual is that psychopaths are dangerous while homosexuality is not...

So anal sex (yes I do know it is practised by some heterosexuals) is safe is it?
Damage and tearing of the area round there has been a major factor in the spread of aids. That's why (dohhh) the gay community suffers particularly in this respect.
That's because the area is not a 'natural' receptacle for certain organs. (I'm choosing my words carefully because I don't want to be edited out)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by WienelPistor

no, im not, but i have been replying to my provoking comment all morning. calm down , my opinion doesn't count,, put some ice on it and youll be alright. really, the only reason i commented was, the airing of private affairs deserves ridicule... from me anyway. If they want to be good parents, then make it a non issue.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Someone who kills because they are a psychopath is completely different from someone who's homosexual. Comparing the two is like comparing an apple and a brick wall. Homosexuality, just like heterosexuality, is a sexual preference, not a mental disorder.
I ask you, where in any of my posts have I called anyone a 'homophobe' because they disagree with me? I haven't, so please, don't accuse me of things I have not done.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

What gives me the right? A little something your country doesnt have the FIRST AMENDMENT

That's like saying your country doesn't have MAGNA CARTA. Completely illogical. And let's not get into the fact of which country whose legal system was the basis for the "First Amendment".

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Homosexuality has nothing to do with choosing to practice safe sex. You can get aids from 'natural' vaginal sex as well. That's why they make condoms, hon. It's not the fact that they're having anal sex that gives them aids, it's the fact that they're choosing to not practice safe sex. Just like heterosexuals.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by luciddream
Humans are made to pro create and aim for a perfect product as the result through refining their genes. I respect homosexuality but i disagree thats what humans are meant to do in their life before they die.

Ahh, but then we go into the philosophical view of things.
What are we -meant- to do. procreate? Why? for the furthering of our species.
But why? So they can procreate and make more?

We have 7 billion people on the planet and we haven't achieved some sort of magical trancendence or anything...so it seems like just some pre-historic drive to multiply that keeps us enslaved to this thought.

what is the meaning of life? is it truely -just- to procreate? If this is true, then what is the point of trying to keep elderly people alive? homosexuality is akin to an older couple (whom also cannot procreate)...so its pointless

I think as a species, we either have a greater point of life than simply to breed (at this point...we are no where near becoming extinct)...and in which case, homosexual, hetrosexual, or asexual lifestyles are equally as valid.

Nobody is going to "talk me out of" being hetrosexual..and I don't feel the desire to talk someone out of being homosexual.

But you know what the true mark of respect gained from me is? Its not from the ability to breed (anyone can do that)...its being a parent..and a homosexual couple can be good parents just as easily as a hetrosexual couple...or not...they can be crap parents..but if a homosexual couple has a kid, chances are they worked hard to get that child verses had a "oops" moment, so are more likely to pay attention to him/her.

/book

Thanks for reply, i understand what you are saying.

Yes i do believe pro creation is part of humans to further the species, just like animals. Our memory span is soo short lived compare to earth history to understand or even say that transcendance(or w/e the limit) would be reached in our time.

Population is not my interest here(of course i understand when we over populate, we need restriictions), my main focus is on human and their future generation/advancement(as species).

Keeping old people alive is none of the concern to the future generation. They created and passed their "a bit perfected gene", them being alive is sustained because of our moral and other human emotions(love, sympathy).

If you create a life, being a good parent is a given(i'm not sure why is this a concern to passing genes) if someone is not doing their duty as a caregiver, it is that person's fault, it has nothing to do with passing on genes. I understand the off spring need to be protected but as i said before, being a good parent is given. just because of some bad parents, it is not a excuse to say humans shouldn't reproduce(not saying you said that).

Adoption is a good thing to do when you cant reproduce but you would be raising someonelse's genes, but i want my genes to go into the future, maybe one of the homosexual couples mixed gene(offspring), in 50 years will find cure to cancer, but sadly it wont happen because it would end with them.

*please note, everything i say is viewed in scientific perspective, sexual preferences of individuals don't bother/affect me or my view"

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
You can't keep dragging out the old 'it's nature because people were born that way' argument. Many psychopaths were born that way. So if they go on to murder someone, that's OK because it's natural is it? People are born with all sorts of medical conditions and genetic abnormalities. We try to make it better for them but hey, gayness is sacrosanct! I don't have a religious bone in my body. But I will not accept it's right or 'natural' thank you very much! Nor does this make me a 'homophobe' - another word the gay lobby likes to throw around. I say this because I have mates who are gay, nor would I discriminate in terms of employment. But label me that I don't care. In this world of Big Brother we are still entitled to our personal opinions.
Going back to the original post - it is wrong to use your child this way whatever the issue is.

-ponders-
So, thoughts on other acceptable things that are not natural
intercourse is obviously ok..but what about all the foreplay and "different areas"..(oral, ana, etc..you get the picture..aka, reproductive acts that will not produce offspring). What about birth control?
What about makeup, or wearing clothes?

Matter of fact, if they are born that way, being gay is -more- natural than a desire to wear clothes or fornicate in ways that will not produce offspring..does that mean you see that as a mental disorder (the desire to wear clothes).

If its in nature, its natural...and being gay is in nature, in the animal kingdom (hell, my pittbull girl is a lesbian..hates the male dog, loves the female dog..so its not some sort of lack of opportunity/prison gay thing going on..its her personal desire).

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

But the argument isn't about anal sex, it's about homosexuality....

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

so a parent with the IQ of 70 votes to remove prayer and church related activities from a school that their child attends. Teaching morals is up to that parent alone. So i guess the old saying is wrong, "it takes a village to raise a child", and should be rewritten to be " it takes a village to raise a criminal", or "it takes a village to raise an idiot".

Your morals and my morals are not the same.
Why would you want my morals being taught to your child in school? Yes, I can get a teaching job, and if it is told I am to teach morality...your child will more than likely (based on your posting) see you in a rather morally depraved and primitive mentality. You still think the educators should be teaching your children their concept of morality?

I am of the opinion that if you don't have the intellectual fortitude to raise children properly, you shouldn't be breeding...but of course that opinion goes against the natural order of things (dumb people breed more..I guess they can't figure out how to work a condom or pop a pill..don't know)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join