It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
being a gay, is obviously a medical condition, denying it is denial, recognizing denial is the first step to recovery. the child may need to be protected from these people.
edit on 7-12-2011 by TylerDurden2U because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
being a gay, is obviously a medical condition, denying it is denial, recognizing denial is the first step to recovery.

Are you serious?? You must be joking. Homosexuality is NOT a medical condition. It's a normal, human sexuality just like heterosexuality is. In fact, it's not /just/ a human sexuality, it's a natural sexuality. It happens in, if I remember correctly, 450+ species other than humans. If homosexuality is a medical condition, heterosexuality must be one too, considering they're the exact same thing only with different sexes involved.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

Homosexuality is not a mental disorder. All of the major medical organizations, including The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics agree that homosexuality is not an illness or disorder, but a form of sexual expression.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
If it is then Christians abuse children every day by torturing them with images of sin and eternal punishment.
edit on 7-12-2011 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!! I didn't know this kind of mentality still exists .. i don't care if this post gets deleted or whatever but you sir are a complete, utter moron! That is all, I had to post you are too funny.

p.s. ''Deny ignorance'' you're doing the exact opposite unless you provide me with some sources.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I didn't say mental, I said medical. give a gay man testosterone today, and he'll be chasing women tommorrow. The male body was designed to fertilize the egg, yes, so what benefit does nature have in two men, or two women trying to propagate? If it is not medical or mental, then it is defective, yes. Okay.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Homosexuality is not a mental disorder. All of the major medical organizations, including The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics agree that homosexuality is not an illness or disorder, but a form of sexual expression.

Talking in the aspect of just science. "form of sexual expression" would be connected to expression of mentality right? Since homosexuality is not a choice, what would it fall into?

Saying mental disorder seems too strong, but IMO i think its a derivative form of it. Sorry not bashing or anything(as you can see from my previous posts), i'm talking just in the aspect of psychology.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by Carseller4
Or worse...what if he is assaulted by a pedophile....what if he somehow thinks this is normal behavior, because of his moms actions?

Um... what? I don't follow your logic, at all.

um...if two women getting it on is fine...then in his mind he could wonder if a male touches him, if this is OK also.

Yeah, and maybe if he sees his mom eating chicken he might feel it's okay to eat his pet dog!!!

Let's get 'em!

Wait, if this kid finds out about straight sex, maybe he'll think it's okay to rape any woman he sees?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
My friend grew up with two moms.
He is not even remotely gay. He has no issues with gay, but he is fairly well adjusted...no worse off than anyone else.

As far as the ops. No, I don't judge you to be a horrible parent for not telling your 7 year old what gay means even if they ask..you have your reasons for keeping them ignorant, and although I personally would allow my child any info they seeked, I wont say my philosophies of parenting is somehow superior to yours considering I don't know you...

oh..just reread..you were judging other parents based on your own values. lol.
Well, your a horrible and abusive parent for being on ATS when you could be spending time with him/her. so there ya go.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

being a gay, is obviously a medical condition, denying it is denial, recognizing denial is the first step to recovery. the child may need to be protected from these people.

Homosexuality is a biological preference found in nature

now...brain damage on the other hand...
-eyes you-

link   

reply to post by arpgme

I didn't say mental, I said medical. give a gay man testosterone today, and he'll be chasing women tommorrow. The male body was designed to fertilize the egg, yes, so what benefit does nature have in two men, or two women trying to propagate? If it is not medical or mental, then it is defective, yes. Okay.

By your mentality, all infertile women, sterile men, and older people are 'defective' too since they can't procreate either.
2nd.

link   

Originally posted by Believer101

being a gay, is obviously a medical condition, denying it is denial, recognizing denial is the first step to recovery.

Are you serious?? You must be joking. Homosexuality is NOT a medical condition. It's a normal, human sexuality just like heterosexuality is. In fact, it's not /just/ a human sexuality, it's a natural sexuality. It happens in, if I remember correctly, 450+ species other than humans. If homosexuality is a medical condition, heterosexuality must be one too, considering they're the exact same thing only with different sexes involved.

I understand homosexuality part of being a human(and animals), it is normal in this society since a lot of people are getting aware of it and some respect it but i disagree that heterosexuality is a medical condition and should not be put in same situation. Humans are made to pro create and aim for a perfect product as the result through refining their genes. I respect homosexuality but i disagree thats what humans are meant to do in their life before they die.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Your child steals by using a gun, that child will go to prison for the rest of the childs life. christianity teaches morals. If your response is parents can teach morals without church, then why dont they, and why are the prisons over flowing?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Your child steals by using a gun, that child will go to prison for the rest of the childs life. christianity teaches morals. If your response is parents can teach morals without church, then why dont they, and why are the prisons over flowing?

You don't need religion to tell you what is right and what is wrong.

link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Talking in the aspect of just science. "form of sexual expression" would be connected to expression of mentality right? Since homosexuality is not a choice, what would it fall into?

Saying mental disorder seems too strong, but IMO i think its a derivative form of it. Sorry not bashing or anything(as you can see from my previous posts), i'm talking just in the aspect of psychology.

I'm not sure how that would mean it's a mental disorder, anyway, if this is your standard of what a mental disorder is... then heterosexuality and asexuality is also mental disorders and only bisexuality wouldn't be since you can choose to be with men or women...

christianity teaches morals. If your response is parents can teach morals without church, then why dont they, and why are the prisons over flowing?

You do know that the jails are full of Christians right?

A lot of parents don't even go to church nor do they read the bible so they are getting morals from some where...

Most of the Swedish are Atheists and they have one of the lowest crime rates....
edit on 7-12-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Believer101

defective means broken or doesn't work. I didn't mean to use such big words.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

You don't need religion to tell you what is right and what is wrong.

I agree 100% with you here, luciddream.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Humans are made to pro create and aim for a perfect product as the result through refining their genes. I respect homosexuality but i disagree thats what humans are meant to do in their life before they die.

Ahh, but then we go into the philosophical view of things.
What are we -meant- to do. procreate? Why? for the furthering of our species.
But why? So they can procreate and make more?

We have 7 billion people on the planet and we haven't achieved some sort of magical trancendence or anything...so it seems like just some pre-historic drive to multiply that keeps us enslaved to this thought.

what is the meaning of life? is it truely -just- to procreate? If this is true, then what is the point of trying to keep elderly people alive? homosexuality is akin to an older couple (whom also cannot procreate)...so its pointless

I think as a species, we either have a greater point of life than simply to breed (at this point...we are no where near becoming extinct)...and in which case, homosexual, hetrosexual, or asexual lifestyles are equally as valid.

Nobody is going to "talk me out of" being hetrosexual..and I don't feel the desire to talk someone out of being homosexual.

But you know what the true mark of respect gained from me is? Its not from the ability to breed (anyone can do that)...its being a parent..and a homosexual couple can be good parents just as easily as a hetrosexual couple...or not...they can be crap parents..but if a homosexual couple has a kid, chances are they worked hard to get that child verses had a "oops" moment, so are more likely to pay attention to him/her.

/book

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

no, but you do have to teach what is right and wrong. So why did society remove morals from schools?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I'm Athiest, and last time I checked, I haven't been to prison, and I've learned far more about morals and ethics being an Athiest than when I was a good Catholic boy. If anything, Christianity teaches submission, non-questioning, ignorance. That's just from my first hand experience. I'm not trying to bash religion, but from my experience, it does more harm than good. But, I don't want to unintentionally start a religion war. Flaming, resume!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join