It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
DP
edit on 7-12-2011 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I agree with his post.

Just because you are gay does not give you the right to be obnoxious about it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Who's being obnoxious? If I see someone talking utter rubbish I'm going to call them out on it. I don't care if you agree or not, it simply makes you both wrong.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Gay means happy...

Fag means cigarette....

Should we continue on with the words that have multiple meaning and a child's ability to understand the difference?

Gay in this day and age isn't used to describe happy anymore. It's a label now commonly used for Homosexuals

Fag means cigerette in the UK and is a derogatory term for a Homosexual.

I was asking the OP a genuine question, to see what they would say.

It's obvious what the meaning behind my question was. To gage what kind of response the OP would give to their inquisitive child.

As there may be some confusion with semantics, i will now edit my question to the OP, saying "Homosexual", rather than "Gay".

edit on 7-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I think alot of people agree with what he is saying. I didnt call you obnoxious.

Text but I do not go around and announce it and tell my family all about it. I dont "act" a certain way (being overly feminin) or in my case over masculine, just to get a rise out of people.

I think this is at the crux of what he was saying.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Those darn gays and their secret gay agenda..

Pretty soon we'll all be showering daily and getting manni-pettis..

JK.

Seriously, i think saying this is "child abuse" is a huge leap.
I think Michelle heard exactly what a lot of kids with gay parents think.
edit on 7-12-2011 by dannotz because: spelling

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I don't think the kid's mother did the right thing getting him to say what he did. She should have had the balls (sorry) to say it herself. To me, it looked like the kid had been coached so on that score, she was wrong. He looked like he was a little intimidated by the whole situation to me. The fact remains, though, that neither the woman nor any other gay person's sexuality needs fixing.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch
reply to post by Amadeo

I think alot of people agree with what he is saying. I didnt call you obnoxious.

Text but I do not go around and announce it and tell my family all about it. I dont "act" a certain way (being overly feminin) or in my case over masculine, just to get a rise out of people.

I think this is at the crux of what he was saying.

Not all gays do that though, it's just that the one who do are more visible. You wouldn't know I'm gay unless you had a look at my CD collection (or posts on ATS). I don't believe anyone's sexuality should be shoved in other peoples' faces, it's a private thing and I find it tasteless to see anyone, gay or straight, making a big show of it. I totally understand the need for people to become accustomed to gays and realise that we are not abnormal and that we aren't going to disappear but even I've had my 'oh, come ON' moments.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

Who's being obnoxious? If I see someone talking utter rubbish I'm going to call them out on it. I don't care if you agree or not, it simply makes you both wrong.

I agree with you.

Its like saying.. "Oh billys mom is a red head so he is going to grow up and be a red head "(even though he's 10 and has brown hair).

I sure didn't pick my sexual orientation, how about all of you? Did you choose to be straight? gay? bi?

...no...didn't think so.

Oh and if a gay man decides to live a straight life it doesn't mean he CHOSE to be straight. It means he is gay but is going against what he wants.

I'm so confused about everyone's fascination with everybody else's sexual orientation.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

60 years ago it was common for Americans to hate the Soviets and vice versa. God forbid if you had friends or family in one or the other. Even looking like a sympathizer could get you dragged in front of a committee.

Now days its not a big deal....

My point is mindset.. Sometimes people born during one time period find it difficult to adapt to the current mindset because old habits are heard to break. Sometimes the next generation must speak for the past.

ATS link

edit on 7-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

Yeah,I didnt mean to offend. I guess a natural reaction to being discriminated against is to be all in peoples faces about homosexuality but I just meant I agree to a point with what the guy was saying. I actually think its counter-productive in a way for homosexuals to take the approach of a full frontal assault.In Australia recently
Gay Rights activists are pushing for a 'confidence vote' from the government on gay marriage. If it passes (may have already,not that interested really) it can go to a vote which would make it law. The Gay Rights campaigners have decided to try to find middle ground and want churches to know that their views on gay marraige will be respected and no church will be forced to marry a couple if they do not wish. I thought this strategy was genius because there is no changing some peoples mind,especially the older generation.

And I didnt mean to say you should hide or cover your sexuality in any way. But I do think that getting up in peoples faces about it can do more harm than good and is a bit obnoxious.

edit on 7-12-2011 by theovermensch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I agree with you 100%. That mindset comes from lack of knowledge and understanding of and about gay people. Religious beliefs are also a factor. As I said before, I understand the need for 'normalisation' of gays (if that's the right term to use) in the minds of straight people. I just can't bear militants of any sort.

There are real problems in the world but gays aren't one of them. It's a real shame the likes of Michele Bachmann don't use their power and influence to make positive changes instead of victimising people.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Text "Oh billys mom is a red head so he is going to grow up and be a red head
reply to post by dannotz

Gingers have no souls.

And yeah,I agree. Its a stange thing to be 'proud' of.

In saying that there is no shame either.
edit on 7-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Text here are real problems in the world but gays aren't one of them.
reply to post by Amadeo

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

No worries. I don't agree with getting in peoples' faces over it either. There are other, less aggressive and more productive ways to do things and two guys or girls shoving their tongues down each others' throats in the face of someone who hates gays is NOT going to win them over.

I think too much emphasis is placed on what gay people do in bed. It's no one else's business anyway. Straight sex is totally not my thing but I'm not going to march over it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by AllUrChips

I know I'm going to receive some hate over this, but here goes. How is the gay pride movement any different from the black is beautiful movement? These are two groups of people who have long suffered persecution and instead of giving in to what society has said about them they are fighting back by emphasizing those aspects that have long been seen as a source of deficiency among the "normal" part of the population. So, do you have a problem with African Americans celebrating those traits that set them apart?

?? How can you compare sexuality and racism?

So what next?..pedophiles, and people who want sex with children have suffered too much persecution?

I think he compares sexuality and racism, not because they are groups who have suffered persecution but more on the point that both groups have people that project the TOKEN black guy or TOKEN gay... in the sence of... if the only thing you see is me being black them imma act like your sterotype of a black man..... which is some form of protest.

I am pretty sure that pedophiles aren't that forthcoming of their likes ( not like the Dutch Pedophile-Union Martijn )

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
A very sick thing to make a kid do but there again,just look at the mother.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by Carseller4
Or worse...what if he is assaulted by a pedophile....what if he somehow thinks this is normal behavior, because of his moms actions?

Um... what? I don't follow your logic, at all.

um...if two women getting it on is fine...then in his mind he could wonder if a male touches him, if this is OK also.

I almost choked to death when readin this post! How did you create this thought?! Your logic is all over the place exept on the right one. How can you compare two grown-ups from the same sex, having a loving adult relationship to a pedophilic assault (= indicating the contact non-consentual ) on a child ( = who isn't sexually mature ) ??? THAT'S child -abuse !! MIND -BOGGLING!!!

Gay parent dont make you gay, just as straight parent's dont make you straight.!!!!! And this whole discussion about the kid being forced to say something ( i dunno, i havent seen the vid ) isn't child abuse and the part where the gay parent teaches the child to love other people for who they are by educating the child about sexual preferences isn't eighter...

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm sure a kid with Gay family members is gonna learn about Homosexuality around the same time they'll come to understand Heterosexuality.

Then the mother also taught her stance that the way she is isn't an illness, her natural self doesn't need to get fixed.

Sharing an opinion of a political issue that's relevant to it's life, with a child? So horribly abusive *sarcasm*.

If this is abuse, any child that ever says a thing politically or religiously sided. Has been abused.

~
Most who call this abuse, would consider engraving religion, and religious hate, into their impressionable minds, a good thing. That's what really irks me. Double standard. If you don't like it, it's abuse to tell children about it? But if you like it, you can force it on them?

# that. If I have kids, If I have kids, they're gonna learn to tolerate, accept and understand others. If teaching equality is abuse, they will be "abused" then. I'm definitely not gonna teach them to hate, or otherwise have prejudice against any group of people who harm no one.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I personally think this is child abuse.

So if a child born into a straight family spoke about, oh, anti vaccination, and how his mom doesn't need to be fixed, is that child abuse too?

Come on, be honest, this is purely because they are gay. You even state you have nothing against them, then a post or two later you actually placed a bet that because the child has lesbian mother, they will grow up to be gay.

The gay bashing is getting quite clever around here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join