It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by electricalpup

This god you speak of does not approve of being gay and gay marriage.
2nd.

And you know this for a fact, how?
2nd
Because your bible say so:
‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called “woman,” for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." God created man and then made woman to complement him. Marriage is God’s “fix” for the fact that “it is not good for the man to be alone
Because your bible says so:The Bible also says that "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

2nd.

2nd
Because your bible say so:
‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called “woman,” for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." God created man and then made woman to complement him. Marriage is God’s “fix” for the fact that “it is not good for the man to be alone
Because your bible says so:The Bible also says that "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

MY bible?
You need to stop with the "mys" right there.

I almost posted this is my last reply, but was itching for a debate: because a book written by man that is supposedly attributed to "god" says so god disapproves of it?

I think you are sorely mistaken, by using a religious justification (with which you may or may not believe/agree) and interpretation as support for you own (very weak) argument.

You have no proof god disapproves of it, and quoting the bible for proof is just as silly as the christian argument, "god is real because the bible says so," or "the bible is true because the bible says so."

edit on 6-12-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

No this was for you and all the other trolls that brought the word god into the conversation. And I wont stop anywhere with the mys. Dont threaten me as you chose to join the thread and need to be held accountable for what you say.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

2nd.

2nd

You ask a question, you get an answer. If you read all my posts you would see I dont believe in this garbage, you however asked for an answer to the above and you got it. So then you want to try another angle? You my friend would be the troll in this thread, c ya

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

So instead you would rather the child push your agenda?

I say good for her and mom. At the very least the child knows the situation and whats going on with it. Instead of being sheltered and ignornat of the issue we all face.

As far as God goes, you nor anyone else speak for him / her / it. Even if we were to look through the bible you nor anyone else gets to pass judgement.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

Seriously. You could be making a goof on the type of ignorance it takes to say something like that, or not. And for the life of me I can't figure out which it is.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

So I will bet a weeks pay that this child grows up to be gay, and not on his own accord. I think this is not about him loving his moms, what does the woman have to gain by doing this?

Unless you put that money in trust, or bet it with bookie...perhaps in the UK?...then your comments are strictly rectally sourced.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

So I will bet a weeks pay that this child grows up to be gay, and not on his own accord. I think this is not about him loving his moms, what does the woman have to gain by doing this?

I'll send you my address so you can send me the money.

Nobody "becomes" gay. It's not something you do, it's something you are. White, black, Asian, female, blonde...and gay.

Do you really think someone wakes up one day and says "I think I'd like to be ridiculed, discriminated against, and beaten up every week for the rest of my life! Yeah, that sounds like the life for me!"

/TOA

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

So you have no clue what you are talking about then? I would almost want to suggest anyone who can say anything so ignorant is guilty of child abuse by raising a child in that atmosphere but that is why opinions are opinions and I cannot imagine what good you thought you did by not keeping this one to yourself.

What you just wrote is without a doubt the most ignorant thing I have heard or read in a long time but I really want to ask where in the video it shows that this child was told what to say and to say it.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by CREAM

Originally posted by Carseller4
Or worse...what if he is assaulted by a pedophile....what if he somehow thinks this is normal behavior, because of his moms actions?

Um... what? I don't follow your logic, at all.

um...if two women getting it on is fine...then in his mind he could wonder if a male touches him, if this is OK also.

So the only reason you are not attracted to other men is because you do not think it is ok? If you thought it was ok, your would get an erection by looking at a naked man? That says a lot about what is going on in your mind. Unfortunately is has nothing to do with what is going on in the minds of normal gay or straight people.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

annnnd

There goes your credibility.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. Because we have differing opinions "there goes my credibility"/?

No I do not think men are not attractive because its wrong, because I dont believe in god, how many times must
I say that in this thread? I think being gay is a choice that one makes. You are not born that way. It could come from an influence(such as in this case) or it could be like the kid that dresses like a goth to be different even though they are ridiculed every day. Look, I have already said that I do not care if people are gay, to each his own. But when you involve a child FOR ANY REASON PERIOD!!!!! I draw the line. THis is not and was never a gay bashing thread, so THERE GOES YOUR CREDIBILITY

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse.

This is horrible parenting, but I get tired of every self serving righteous soapbox scramer yelling "child abuse".
It's not child abuse to educate your own child about your lifestyle.
May not be what you or I would do, but it's really not our business. and surely not "abuse".

That's not a light charge to be tossing around.
Child abuse has to be proven in court and the court THANKFULLY gives parents alot of room to raise children as THEY see fit, not how YOU see fit.

I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

Whoa.. are you seriously okay with your homophobia?
That post shows you associate being gay with bad parenting?

Why you hate gays so much?
Anything you wanna tell us?

edit on 12/7/1111 by BadNinja68 because: Bad Idea. I should keep my mouth shut.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I, myself, am gay and this video outrages me. The child clearly did not want to say that... he was pushed by his mother into expressing her own views through the medium of an 8yo boy who clearly had no idea what was going on.

Makes me sick to think there are parents like that out there, gay or not.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Wow. I signed up here at ATS because my husband said I could find intelligent, fair-minded people here discussing important issues, not insecure bigots trying to spread hate (all the while telling you that they are not spreading hate).

It's good to see that there are people here that are not willing to accept hateful BS out of hand, that's encouraging.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 011011011
I, myself, am gay and this video outrages me. The child clearly did not want to say that... he was pushed by his mother into expressing her own views through the medium of an 8yo boy who clearly had no idea what was going on.

Im NOT gay, and it outrages me as well.
But it isn't "Child Abuse".

It's just a moron who has a child.
There are TONS of them out there.

Most of their kids turn out fine.
Both gay and straight.

I know tons of very good people whose parents were total nutjobs.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Thank you for being open to a civil discussion. I am in no way against gays contrary to what all of these people posting are accusing me of. Thank you for shedding light on this horrible parenting. I dont know why it always goes like this

edit on 7-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

What about religious zealots who force their kids to parrot religious speak? is that also offensive to you? If the kid had to watch his parents ridiculed then he could be reacting to that. Anybody would be nervous in that situation. Never should a parent use a child for an agenda, but in this country homosexuals are assaulted and abused by ignorant people and I think it's great that a child should know his or her parents are perfectly good people even if they happen to be gay.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I know I'm going to receive some hate over this, but here goes. How is the gay pride movement any different from the black is beautiful movement? These are two groups of people who have long suffered persecution and instead of giving in to what society has said about them they are fighting back by emphasizing those aspects that have long been seen as a source of deficiency among the "normal" part of the population. So, do you have a problem with African Americans celebrating those traits that set them apart?

?? How can you compare sexuality and racism?

So what next?..pedophiles, and people who want sex with children have suffered too much persecution?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join