It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by electricalpup

This god you speak of does not approve of being gay and gay marriage.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

what about the abuse hurled at the mom y'know calling her dyke
or "well meaning" relatives "just pointing out" that "...mom is a sinner..."

dissing a kid's mom is abuse to you know

lol whether mommy put him up to it or not is not a matter of abuse
but protecting her child from haters, who are going to hate, by giving him the means to stand up for his mom and himself.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Sup peoples ...Yes.
This is where we are at now people.
After two hundred years of history American
Republican presidential candidates are taking sexual'political advice from the Public Schooling
System's third graders.

happy happy joy joy.

edit on 6-12-2011 by ILikeStars because: Michelle Bachman - Charlie Sheen 2012!!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I know I'm going to receive some hate over this, but here goes. How is the gay pride movement any different from the black is beautiful movement? These are two groups of people who have long suffered persecution and instead of giving in to what society has said about them they are fighting back by emphasizing those aspects that have long been seen as a source of deficiency among the "normal" part of the population. So, do you have a problem with African Americans celebrating those traits that set them apart?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I dont have anything against gays

I think this "oh its ok to be gay and be yourself" and all this pro gay stuff is disgusting imho.

Let me guess, you start every racial joke out with "Now some of my best friends are ______," as you look around your shoulder to see if anyone is nearby.

You might be a homophobe if...

All that said, I actually agree that if the parent put the kid up to it, it's wrong. But in no way is it child abuse.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by electricalpup
What do you suggest?

Would you suggest tar and feather? How about this, stockade? I know, how about ripping this child from his mother and place in foster care where his developing mind can be further damaged or possibly child raped because you think his developing mind can be attuned to your brainwaves.

You have not a clue, have you placed yourself in this child's shoes? Here is a possibility,maybe this child has experienced enough hate directed at his mother where she had to explain to this beautiful son why people are treating her like her life has no value or she is evil, just maybe he questioned why.

I thank the universe, creator or God himself, this child sees the love in his mother, and he ask from his developing heart and not with a barbaric mind.

What do I suggest? Ok ill go there. I think unfortunately its too late for this generation, but being gay is more of a statement than anything. Its a lifestyle, and sometimes a very dirty one at that(when illegal drugs become involved). I think this "oh its ok to be gay and be yourself" and all this pro gay stuff is disgusting imho. WHY? Because, I love women but I do not go around and announce it and tell my family all about it. I dont "act" a certain way (being overly feminin) or in my case over masculine, just to get a rise out of people. Now, I already said I dont have a problem if people are gay, lets just be adult about it unlike this moronic mother who chose not to.

Yeah, people in places such as africa choose to be gay so they can be beated and murdured. Yeah, its a great lifestyle isn't it.

It annoys the hell out of me when people seem to think they know what goes on in peoples mind. Because you are nit gay, what gives you the right and the arragonce to think you know how these gay people feel. You are saying its a choice. What a load of rubbish. Do you choose to be straight? No, you dont.so how can you say that being gay is a lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

What gives me the right? A little something your country doesnt have the FIRST AMENDMENT

2nd.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

um...if two women getting it on is fine...then in his mind he could wonder if a male touches him, if this is OK also.

Let's look at this from the flip side. Say a man and a woman gets it on, and then a woman touches him, does he wonder if that's ok too? See, it can be applied to heterosexual couples too.

For those of you against this, do you also have a problem with anti-gay parents getting their children involved too? How come none of you speak up about that? I see anti-gay rallies all the time with children in them, and no one complains about that. Or about having kids speak out against Muslims. Or against abortions.

Let a child come out for gay parents though, and it's a witch hunt.

Just for the record, I'm straight.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
I'm sorry, but if this happened on the street to a passer by who started arguing with this kid's mom about beeing gay and he spontaneously said" hey my Mon doesn't need fixing" then i could see him as completely understanding the situation.

To go to a book singing and video taping and then uploading on you tube shows forethought...the kid was scared #less and almost embarrassed to be saying what he said. That to me shows pure and simple he was TOLD to say exactly that. How would he know to say this to this random woman he's never met before unless he was TOLD she was against gay marriage. I Highly doubt that an 8 year old watches the GOP debates.......
The smirk on the Mom's face says it all.....

Thank you so much
Well said! People are blinded by idiocy unfortunately and like I said, its too late as proven by this very thread

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Jay-morris

What gives me the right? A little something your country doesnt have the FIRST AMENDMENT

2nd.

what do countries have to do with it? I suppose you will he saying next that you are the most free country lol
Time and time again on this board you get posters who pretend they are not anti gay, but the more they write, the more you see through their lies.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

As someone just said, what about the parents who bring their children to anti-gay rallies and have them hold signs that say things like "God hates fags." Or what about even people who bring their children to Church? It's clear that most of the children don't want to be there and they certainly don't have the development to understand the nuances of the Bible, but they are forced to go because that is what their parents' believe. Isn't that the parent forcing their agenda on the child? Why aren't claiming child abuse in those instances?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I think that too is abusive.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Who cares if some other people are gay-So what,why does it affect you?
I know a few gay people,and its not a choice to them,
its how they are built.
They are still OK in my book,some are my mates.
Who am I to judge.

Why should it bother people?

There are bigger things to worry about IMO.
Like the geo political situation.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Who doesnt?
2nd.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's pretty messed up to use a child like this, sure.. but I'm sure the child really doesn't see anything wrong with her gay mother? To her, I'm sure her mother is as normal as any other. It's about impossible to prevent your views from not rubbing off onto your children .. sometimes children parrot their parents beliefs, sometimes they rebel against them and go the complete opposite direction. Hardly child abuse, imo.. Are you suggesting that gay parents shouldn't suggest to their own children that being gay isn't bad?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
politician's kiss baby's for the camera's - is that child abuse? its the same principle as is being suggested here.

you can only speculate wether that child was told to say something, i don't think it matter's either way.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

HMMM. By your logic, since I knew my parents were straight....I should have turned out straight. OOPS, didn't work. I really cannot, for the life of me, figure out where you came up with this one.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ill be honest I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is let alone doing it for this reason.

Then what exactly would you tell your child if he or she asked what gay is, since the gay issue is now pretty common in life? Would just kinda brush it off as a "you'll find out when you're older," or as a "people that are different," type of thing. Seriously, how would YOU answer your child? I know some parents, when confronted with the "how are babies made" by a young child, answer in a VERY unspecific way....so?

I do not think it is child abuse. Even if done intentionally, if you think THAT should be considered child abuse then we should add a TON of other things to potential child abuse, because somewhere along the way someone somewhere will not agree with it and think it is child, how a child is raised, what the family's beliefs are, religious beliefs, personal beliefs, etc..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by electricalpup

This god you speak of does not approve of being gay and gay marriage.
2nd.

And you know this for a fact, how?
2nd

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
the over sensitivity to this issue on this thread is... hilarious!

Why? Well the tots too young to realize what he is really saying. this isn't child abuse at all, nor is it bad parenting. Bad judgement on the parents part for putting him on the national stage, sure... but it isn't child abuse of any way shape or form. the kid wasn't beaten, or mentally put down on a daily basis by his parents.

insinuating that this is a form of child abuse is just silly... and IMO a form of trolling.

pour the gas, light the match... watch everything burn...

guess you can say this thread is a form of posting abuse! /end sarcasm (Just this line.)

edit on 12/6/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join