It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
What the difference is now, is simply the exposure of all humanities warts.

Yep! Things are just more in the open now.

Back in the 50s - - people kept a lot hidden behind closed doors.

Our local councilman was a child molester. The kindergarten teacher was arrested for drugs. Women were blamed for spousal abuse. The handicapped and "retarded" were hid away. Priests were believed over children they molested. Gays had to fake a straight life - then go on the "down low". School and medical records were property of the government and you had to sue to view even your own. Cops had free reign to beat up who ever they wanted. Public school then wasn't much different then today. It was even then - - read - memorize - take a test - - - focusing on the middle range student. There was nothing for the higher or lower intelligence.

It is not a fairytail world - - - unless you hide in one you create.

I prefer the openness exposure of today.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

If we're making correlations with no basis for causation then I have one for you. America is also the First World country with the highest percentage of people that don't believe in evolution. So maybe the high dropout rate is due to fact that people are not able to put aside their dogma and actually learn about the real world. That, or maybe it has something to do with our grossly underfunded education system.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

did you read the Adventures of huck finn? Its about a girl with red shoes that flies with an umbrella, and lands in a corn field inhabited by miniature people.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by Believer101

the american school system produces more drop outs than graduates. so i beg to differ.

Free public school allows every child the right to an education.

Any child can get that education if they take the initiative.

How many other large population countries offer this opportunity?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

kittens are soooo cute. !

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I didn't realize how political and big business school boards are, until my wife became a teacher!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't know? and yes, it is overlooked by spoiled generations.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

That's because they give the children a choice to go and learn or not. It's ultimately the person's choice to drop out or not, not yours or the school system. Besides, you don't know the persons situation that ultimately lead to them dropping out.

Me, personally, I couldn't take high-school. I was too intelligent at the time to deal with the classes. I got bored, and wouldn't do my work. I dropped out, got my GED at 17, and started college 3 months later in April. I was the youngest person they ever accepted into that college, and during my entire time there I only got 2 B's.
Me dropping out of high-school had /nothing/ to do with the fact that religion wasn't in the curriculum. If it was, I can assure you I would have dropped out much sooner than I did. Just because some parents think it should be there, doesn't mean it should.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thank you for sharing your experience, but I completely disagree. Religion should have no place in school, especially because a majority of us aren't religious, not to mention all of the different religions. There are more than one religion, you know, and only teaching Christianity in schools would lead to a lot of problems with those of other religions. Not to mention the fact that it would also lead to rallies by parents who aren't religious, children dropping out because they don't want to learn about that, and parents removing their children from said schools because they aren't of that religion.

And no, it wouldn't lead to less xenophobia. No offence to you or your religion, but most problems with hate I see come from religious people.
And yes, I know what I'm talking about. I tried becoming religious. I started going to church every Saturday night (that's when we had services) and I really believed in it. Wanna know what it led me to? I was raped by more than one person from that church, including the 'pastor', I took my own life (was brought back by drs), and it led to the worst 4 years of my life. Is that something you want to push onto others children?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U
reply to post by Annee

I don't know? and yes, it is overlooked by spoiled generations.

Newsflash if you are alive today and speaking English as a first language you are part of a spoiled generation.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

do you think that is the case today?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FEDec

dont i know it! im just big on education, because now that everything is kept track of electronically, it will be hard for the next generation to be self made.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
Me dropping out of high-school had /nothing/ to do with the fact that religion wasn't in the curriculum. If it was, I can assure you I would have dropped out much sooner than I did. Just because some parents think it should be there, doesn't mean it should.

Religion is a personal choice.

Government/public school is meant for everyone - - including Atheists. Atheists do have children ya know.

NO belief system belongs in government - - Period!

At least not until a child is old enough to choose electives - - on their own - - not forced by parents.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow, a guy cant even go to work anymore without having his thread blown up and crucified?

Ok, here we go: If my daughter ASKED me what gay was I would tell her, however I will not instill any notion of the subject premeditively to her before she knew what it was. I would say sometimes there are two mommies or two daddies. THATS IT. the rest she will learn how us older folk did, life experience. Next, if any of you could read you would see the question mark in the title????????? Then in the next post I did state my opinion, which last time I checked was my RIGHT!!!!! Who in the hell do any of you think you are to try and deprive me of that? If you could read you would also see how I said I dont have a problem with ones sexual orientation, however there is a time and a place. Just because you are gay you have NO SPECIAL RIGHTS!!!!! NONE!!!! What I stated is IT IS MY OPINION that it was abuse IMO!!!! You are all free to disagree, but to crucify me and try to villify me for my opinion, well, YOU are truly the ones we are supposed to be here to deny ignorance from. Any how, if that doesnt satisfy you, too damn bad. PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

And the reason for the abuse is the same reason you dont badmouth your ex in front of your kid, its none of their bussiness. Its a grown up matter. That mom has no reason to argue her sexuallity through her kid. She is not being deprived anything. She has not had any rights been taken, She is not being jailed for being gay. If she were that would be another issue, however, this was not the case, she just wanted to get in the media and say look at me, and my little gentleman I raised even though im gay. Lady, NOBODY cares your gay. Get over it and shut up. And tou use your child to argue an irrelvant issue for no reason, in an obviously staged event, YES that is ABUSE!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by AllUrChips

And the reason for the abuse is the same reason you dont badmouth your ex in front of your kid, its none of their bussiness. Its a grown up matter.

But it is NOT just a grown up matter.

Do you really think kids of same gender couples are untouched by the hate and bigotry --- of these anti-gay politicians? Not to mention everyday abuse from the holier-than-thou self-righteous.

KIDS are the focus of these anti-gay politicians. They use the kids to support their own agenda.

Hey! Let's make this all about "protecting kids" - - - let them hear - - but make them stand in a corner and be silent.

Again - - I hope this video encourages more kids to come forward and challenge these politicians - - who are using them - - because they have to be "protected" from their parents.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Thank you for sharing your experience, but I completely disagree. Religion should have no place in school, especially because a majority of us aren't religious, not to mention all of the different religions. There are more than one religion, you know, and only teaching Christianity in schools would lead to a lot of problems with those of other religions. Not to mention the fact that it would also lead to rallies by parents who aren't religious, children dropping out because they don't want to learn about that, and parents removing their children from said schools because they aren't of that religion.

And no, it wouldn't lead to less xenophobia. No offence to you or your religion, but most problems with hate I see come from religious people.

OK, couple of things. For starters, there's this big outcry about a gay woman apparently using her son as a prop. Do I hear a similar outcry about the following picture? No. Just curious about the degree of religious fervour amongst the Tea Parties, though.

Your reference to my religion? I profess none. I am saying that for a well-rounded person to flourish intellectually in a Western society, they need to understand Christianity. If they have no notion, then they can not understand music, art, literature, architecture, culture...get my notion? By the same notion, if one wishes to flourish in a world society, one needs to understand other religions and their influence upon cultures.

As to your own experiences, I am indeed sorry. Much wrong has been committed by some professing faith to wield power, and that is not to be dismissed. But a lot of good folk find inspiration and comfort in their faith and it is wrong to define religion by its failings without acknowledging its benefits, too.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Wow, a guy cant even go to work anymore without having his thread blown up and crucified?

Weak premises usually tend to be picked apart at first notice. Continue backpedaling.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How many parents encourage and sometimes force their child to get up in front of the congregation to say a prayer or tell of witnessing God's work?

Not only do they think this is OK - - they think it is necessary for the child's religious development. Everyone congratulates and tells the child how wonderful they did. Its almost a celebration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now compare that to a child who is apparently being raised by political activist same gender parents.

These parents said they were at Occupy - - with their child. They obviously believe in political activism.

They are raising their child as they believe. An opportunity arose - - and they encouraged their child in a simple activist moment.

He may have been scared - - - but no more scared then a child forced to say a prayer in front of an entire congregation.

I bet he is damn proud of himself for what he did.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Grown up matter?

In other words, your four year old says, why do I have two mommies? And you say, can't tell you till you're older? Where do babies come from, you say, The Cabbage Patch?

Grow up. When your children are young, you start to educate them about the birds and the bees and all of what family means, and all the different types of families. You do this whether you are gay or straight. You do this so when they go to preschool, they're not going to hurt anyones feelings by displaying ignorance and anti gay sentiments innocently because their parents parented in the dark ages.

This isn't even an issue. This has been published and talked about for countless decades, even in parenting magazines, in news papers, on talk shows, and there are books in the library just for you to educate your young children with.

This thread is in such bad taste and regressive, it fosters an attitude that should be illegal except I don't believe in most laws so its hard to make it such but its really bad form. We don't need blasts from the past, just progression in human rights and education, which needs to be started very young.

All that depleted uranium must be what they're using to regress IQ, and make it possible to bring in fundamentalism, NWO and serfdom.

Well sorry, no go!
edit on 7-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join