It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 yr. old tells Bachmann: " My moms gay but she doesnt need fixing"- Child Abuse?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I personally think this is child abuse. Using your kid like that with a developing mind, to try and push your own agenda. I Love the look that bachmann gives the woman
Anyhow, what do you think about this horrible parent?
Ill be honest I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is let alone doing it for this reason. I dont have anything against gays, but I dont think this is how kids should be used in their personal agenda.
www.theblaze.com...
edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by AllUrChips because: spellin

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Using your child for selfish reasons in any case is just wrong...Do I think this parent specifically told her child to say this....Yes. Do I think the child understands truly what he is saying in context with why? No.

Abuse...maybe you could argue that. Wrong...yes.

Does the mother have an underlying point yes, but as I said.....using you're child like that to guilt other people is just sad, sad, sad.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Vardoger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

+66 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Or.... maybe the child loves his moms and knows even at young age that they do not need fixing?

That would be the logical answer.

I can't believe OP assumes this is child abuse. I am sure I could understand this issue at 7 years old if I was raised by two moms that I loved, I'd probably say the same thing if I thought anyone had a problem with my parents at that age. I guess next time a 7 year old has something positive to say about their parents we should tell them to sit down and shut up.

edit: I watched the video, the child is nervous and needed some encouragement to do it, but that doesn't mean he didn't believe what he was saying, and I understand why he was nervous.
edit on 6-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe not the most ethical thing to do, (I mean, to use children for political purposes) but child abuse? Far from it. Its well within parental rights, and the child was not harmed in any way, IMHO.

If pushing your own agenda on children was child abuse, half the christians (and various other groups, too) in the US would end up behind bars.
edit on 6/12/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

So I will bet a weeks pay that this child grows up to be gay, and not on his own accord. I think this is not about him loving his moms, what does the woman have to gain by doing this?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by Maslo

So I will bet a weeks pay that this child grows up to be gay, and not on his own accord. I think this is not about him loving his moms, what does the woman have to gain by doing this?

First, I dont believe this will affect the childs sexuality. Second, there is nothing wrong with being gay, both according to laws of the land, and according to the mother, and according me. You may not like it personally, but there is no legal case for child abuse, at all.

As for what does the mother have to gain by this? Obviously, political gains.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

I bet his parents teach him that it is OK to be straight or gay, I bet he will either be straight or gay when he is older, I but don't know because I'm not him. I bet he will have a higher chance of coming out of the closet if he is gay, but I don't think being raised by gay parents makes you gay, I think that is a silly notion and a non-issue regardless, unless of course you have a vendetta against gays. I am glad to see people are speaking out.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ill be honest I have a 7 yr old and and would never even tell them what gay is let alone doing it for this reason. I dont have anything against gays
Holy hell I pissed myself laughing at your Delta Bravo take on this. Who says the mother told the kid to say anything? Let me guess, you're down south? Just because you're too insecure with the world around you to let your kids know what same sex relationships are does not mean that everyone else pounds (or shelters) their kids minds.

I have to say it. The friggin' disclaimer. Really? Let me guess; you're not racist but that bike DID go missing right after that black family moved in down the street.....

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

So you may have seen in the op where I said I have NO PROBLEM with gays. Oh wait, I guess you didnt

Also, so this womans political gains are a good reason to use her child as a political pawn?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

My sentiments exactly. This is child abuse. I guarantee you this boy will turn out gay because of this mothers idiotic parenting style

Or worse...what if he is assaulted by a pedophile....what if he somehow thinks this is normal behavior, because of his moms actions?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What do you suggest?

Would you suggest tar and feather? How about this, stockade? I know, how about ripping this child from his mother and place in foster care where his developing mind can be further damaged or possibly child raped because you think his developing mind can be attuned to your brainwaves.

You have not a clue, have you placed yourself in this child's shoes? Here is a possibility,maybe this child has experienced enough hate directed at his mother where she had to explain to this beautiful son why people are treating her like her life has no value or she is evil, just maybe he questioned why.

I thank the universe, creator or God himself, this child sees the love in his mother, and he ask from his developing heart and not with a barbaric mind.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Or worse...what if he is assaulted by a pedophile....what if he somehow thinks this is normal behavior, because of his moms actions?

Um... what? I don't follow your logic, at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

um...if two women getting it on is fine...then in his mind he could wonder if a male touches him, if this is OK also.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Child abuse?

Sorry, but people that think THAT are daft.
Inappropriate - maybe - but CHILD ABUSE?

Please do not keep using this term for anything and everything YOU DON'T think is appropriate when it comes to raising kids.

It does great disservice to the kids out there that are struggling with neglect, hunger, molestation, and physical violence.

GAH

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by electricalpup
What do you suggest?

Would you suggest tar and feather? How about this, stockade? I know, how about ripping this child from his mother and place in foster care where his developing mind can be further damaged or possibly child raped because you think his developing mind can be attuned to your brainwaves.

You have not a clue, have you placed yourself in this child's shoes? Here is a possibility,maybe this child has experienced enough hate directed at his mother where she had to explain to this beautiful son why people are treating her like her life has no value or she is evil, just maybe he questioned why.

I thank the universe, creator or God himself, this child sees the love in his mother, and he ask from his developing heart and not with a barbaric mind.

What do I suggest? Ok ill go there. I think unfortunately its too late for this generation, but being gay is more of a statement than anything. Its a lifestyle, and sometimes a very dirty one at that(when illegal drugs become involved). I think this "oh its ok to be gay and be yourself" and all this pro gay stuff is disgusting imho. WHY? Because, I love women but I do not go around and announce it and tell my family all about it. I dont "act" a certain way (being overly feminin) or in my case over masculine, just to get a rise out of people. Now, I already said I dont have a problem if people are gay, lets just be adult about it unlike this moronic mother who chose not to.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Both above quotes just boggle my mind.
Are there really still people this ignorant?!
Oh and OP, you have nothing against gay people huh?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

um...if two women getting it on is fine...then in his mind he could wonder if a male touches him, if this is OK also.

*spits out coffee*

I have no words other than....

Your logic is seriously flawed.

edit on 6-12-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but if this happened on the street to a passer by who started arguing with this kid's mom about beeing gay and he spontaneously said" hey my Mon doesn't need fixing" then i could see him as completely understanding the situation.

To go to a book singing and video taping and then uploading on you tube shows forethought...the kid was scared #less and almost embarrassed to be saying what he said. That to me shows pure and simple he was TOLD to say exactly that. How would he know to say this to this random woman he's never met before unless he was TOLD she was against gay marriage. I Highly doubt that an 8 year old watches the GOP debates.......
The smirk on the Mom's face says it all.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join