It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mommy’s gay but she doesn’t need any fixing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I actually hate when I see kids at political events and protests.

This kid is being used to make a political point...that is why it was video taped and put on youtube. Using kids to push an agenda, any agenda, is disgusting to me.

Leave the kids out of it.

that kind of attitude is what leaves our children ignorant and what got us to where we are... people thing schools will educate their kids and they just let things be,
should this child have been cooped up in his house watching TV waiting for the next safe school day to get out and experience life? I dont think so he is out there defending his parents and speaking to his so called leader, he is learning to do more than most of the people in this nation....

if you're so concerned with children being put into horrible situation you might want to look into adoption there are plenty of kids that need help I don't see him crying in pain no blood being spilled only a lesson to be learned that's life and I applaud him for living it.

I forgot to ask what agenda was he pushing with his statement?
edit on 12/7/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

There is a differance between talking to your kids about politics and social issues. It is another thing entirely to coerce your kids into mouthpieces.

like I said in my post.. if this kids really did want to make that statement and his parents encouraged him to speak up, I applaude that. Contrarywise, if they put the message into his mouth, I dislike that.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I actually hate when I see kids at political events and protests.

This kid is being used to make a political point...that is why it was video taped and put on youtube. Using kids to push an agenda, any agenda, is disgusting to me.

Leave the kids out of it.

I don't really agree.

In my town a guy - - a lawyer - - uses his kids and dogs in commercials to promote his business. That one for sure is annoying.

But - my mom was disabled - - - and I would have been thrilled to be used in a commercial to promote equality and the disability act.

I just do not see those 2 scenarios as the same thing.

Politicians use kids - - as in "gays are harmful to kids" in their campaigns.

IMO kids of gay parents should be fighting back. More kids should come forward - - and maybe they will after seeing this video.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

You clearly don't comprehend most of what is written.

Did I say kids shouldn't be educated by their parents? No, I said they shouldn't be used as tools for their parents agenda. I teach me kids things all the time...one of the things I teach them is that everyone is free to have their own opinions and just because we think one way doesn't mean people who think another way are wrong.

In this case, the parent is having her kid push the agenda for gays getting equal treatment under the law. I 100% agree with that...I don't agree using a kid as a tool and posting it on the internet and sensationalize it in an attempt to further your agenda...no matter how right the agenda is.

Leave the kids out of it, if you can't make your own point...then don't try to use a kid for the "awwww" factor to try to make it.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You do not see those two as equal because you personally agree with one and don't agree with the other.

Take any issue, abortion, gay rights, war, healthcare bill...you have two sides...support or oppose. Each side can use kids to try to drum up the emotional factor to drive home the point...in each case the kids are being used as TOOLS.

It doesn't matter if I personally agree with the message/agenda or not...I will always see using kids to get that emotional factor as exploitation of the kids.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

You do not see those two as equal because you personally agree with one and don't agree with the other.

No I don't.

It is not that I agree with one and not the other. They are not the same thing.

I definitely see kids being very much affected by anti-gay politicians. Anti-gay politicians are using kids as their target.

I think this is an issue kids definitely need to stand up and be counted for.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join