It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mommy’s gay but she doesn’t need any fixing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
8-year-old to Bachmann: ‘My mommy’s gay but she doesn’t need any fixing’

although this child is very shy and yes his mothers put him up to this and taught him that being gay is not a bad thing... that does not take away from the truth of his statement...

The candidate was signing her memoir Core of Conviction for a scant few supporters at a Myrtle Beach Books-A-Million when 8-year-old Elijah stepped forward with a message.

“You said it, but I think my ears were too far away,” Bachmann told the boy as she leaned over the table, pulling him close. “Ms. Bachmann, my mommy’s gay but she doesn’t need any fixing,” Elijah whispered into her ear.

The dumbfounded GOP hopeful slowly stood up with her wide eyes glaring at the mother. “Bye, bye,” she waived.

I believe the same boy is shown here holding the door for strangers, in this video of OWS protestors who Mic checked Bachman.

Bravo! to this young man and his parents for teaching him what is right and how to peacefully fight for it.

this video is also in the article and shows a high school student asking Bachman why same sex couples could not Marry.

she claims we as americans all have the same CIVIL rights but contradicts herself in the next sentence.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
LOL. You posted this two minutes before me(albeit in differnet forums so were ok there) but I think its hillarious our very different views. I believe this is a form of child abuse. I agree that you should teach your children values and about people being different, however to push the parents own agenda through her kid and for what? What does this woman want? She is free to be gay without needing to do this and trust me this is just teaching her child to be gay imo.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

You can't teach someone to be gay. You either are or you aren't. I've been chasing boobs since I could walk, and haven't stopped, though I have gay family members who've always been gay. My own brother-in-law is gay and was raised with 2 sisters and a brother (all straight), by straight parents. He didn't become gay. When he was little he would forbid Ken and Barbie to date. That's how far back his homosexuality goes, and I have no problem with that.
He's an a$$hole, but I don't condemn him for his sexual orientation.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Plain and simple, Bachmann doesn't want to the LGBT community to be able to marry. Saying that it would give them special rights is BS. If there was act that overrides DOMA that say something like, "Marriage is between two adults" then EVERYONE is included under it, not just the LGBT community.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Plain and simple, Bachmann doesn't want to the LGBT community to be able to marry. Saying that it would give them special rights is BS. If there was act that overrides DOMA that say something like, "Marriage is between two adults" then EVERYONE is included under it, not just the LGBT community.

Actually the bible say this:

‘This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called “woman,” for she was taken out of man.’ For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." God created man and then made woman to complement him. Marriage is God’s “fix” for the fact that “it is not good for the man to be alone”

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Tell that to God, he's the one who made the requirements of sexual reproduction to require a penis and a vagina. Somehow i don't think he is going to care what people think. Theres nothing "natural" about shagging someone the same sex as you. The proof is in the sexual reproductive organs. Science right there for those of you who don't believe in God.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Feel very sorry for this kid.

Hate when kids are used in this way.

Very sad.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Tell that to God, he's the one who made the requirements of sexual reproduction to require a penis and a vagina. Somehow i don't think he is going to care what people think. Theres nothing "natural" about shagging someone the same sex as you. The proof is in the sexual reproductive organs. Science right there for those of you who don't believe in God.

The Bible also says that "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Would you volunteer to put them down?
edit on 6-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

I got exactly 15 seconds into the video to know 100% that he was choreographed to say that to her. I suspected it at 10% in and refuse to watch any more than that. It's disgusting the way they're manipulating this kid to try to make a political point. I believe people are allowed to have their own views and able to express them. This is why we have discussions.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
LOL. You posted this two minutes before me(albeit in differnet forums so were ok there) but I think its hillarious our very different views. I believe this is a form of child abuse. I agree that you should teach your children values and about people being different, however to push the parents own agenda through her kid and for what? What does this woman want? She is free to be gay without needing to do this and trust me this is just teaching her child to be gay imo.

I cant argue with a religious belief... and like jesus I will not persecute Anyone for their beliefs.

child abuse I dont see it that way there is no harm being done to this boy if anything it is good practice for him because he seems a bit shy this will help him get over that.

his parents now they may be pushing an agenda but I belive that agenda to be one of the MOST important in our time I teach my daughter what is going on in the world and she asks questions about all of it the police brutality the political oppression of the people voices kids have the most unbiased opinions sure as a parent you can try to influence them but most any parent will tell you theri child is going to against the parents teaching is human nature.
so I don't think they are forcing any belief on him no more than a catholic forces their child to be baptized for sins they did not commit.

this is shown in the 2nd video. he is holding the door for strangers something I teach my children as-well it gives a them moral character at the very least this child will grow up not being afraid to voice his opinion like so many US citizens..

I have said it before in the big lame thread about gays...
no one is taught to be a homosexual... it is not something that can be learned.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Wait, so if i teach a kid to say that all gays should be sent to prison would he get a gold star too?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

I dont believe in god. I dont agree they should be "put down". However, these very people who are bringing their god into this thread, should have a look at what you added. Who are they to go against the very god they say they believe in and condone being gay?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joshter

Just to play devils advocate but what if they are not manipulating him to make a political point, but what if they are teaching him to voice his own opinion?

Maybe in that kids mind, he thinks his moms are fine and why would they need fixing? And perhaps all the moms are doing is giving him a opportunity to state his thoughts on the subject.

I guess it depends on how you perceive the situation, caring moms giving their kid a lesson in free speech, allowing their child to speak his mind

Or you can see it as two mothers manipulating their child and using him as a tool to push their own political agenda.....maybe the truth is in the middle on this one???? Could it be a bit of both?

Or altogether something different.....I think multiple things are at work here...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed
Wait, so if i teach a kid to say that all gays should be sent to prison would he get a gold star too?

no that would be teaching a kid to generalize and persecute a people for their beliefs...

I think something like that happened to the jews,

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

Originally posted by PrimalRed

no that would be teaching a kid to generalize and persecute a people for their beliefs...

I think something like that happened to the jews,

No you are not "teaching" him anything you are just training him to say things like you would with a bird...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
reply to post by satron

I dont believe in god. I dont agree they should be "put down". However, these very people who are bringing their god into this thread, should have a look at what you added. Who are they to go against the very god they say they believe in and condone being gay?

Crap, that wasn't meant for you, sorry!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
According to the bible all sorts of things are considered "evil", and none of them considered more evil than the next. Let's make a list shall we:

-DEUTERONOMY 22:13-21
If it is discovered that a bride is not a virgin, the Bible demands that she be executed by stoning immediately.

-DEUTERONOMY 22:22
If a married person has sex with someone else's husband or wife, the Bible commands that both adulterers be stoned to death.

-MARK 10:1-12
Divorce is strictly forbidden in both Testaments, as is remarriage of anyone who has been divorced.

-LEVITICUS 18:19
The Bible forbids a married couple from having sexual intercourse during a woman's period. If they disobey, both shall be executed.

-MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

-DEUTERONOMY 25:11-12
If a man gets into a fight with another man and his wife seeks to rescue her husband by grabbing the enemy's genitals, her hand shall be cut off and no pity shall be shown her.

These are just a few of the things that a lot of people take part in without condemnation by the religion fueled Government.

Here are a few more:
-Working on the Sabbath
-American Football
-Eating Shellfish
-Tattoos
-Round Haircuts
-Fortune Telling
-Wearing clothing of "mixed fabrics"

All wrong in the eyes of the "lord", but we do them anyway without the law stepping in trying to correct us. Why is homosexuality so different? We need a punishable seperation of church and state. This dictation of Abrahamic law on non-Abrahamic people has got to go.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Bravo to the kid for being brave enough to say such things to what in his eyes must have appeared to be a scary old lady...

I have no idea what the background behind this is. If the parents *were* indeed using him as a political tool, that, in my opinion, is wrong. If however, he overheard a rant between his parents about a Bachmann, then he may have wanted to know what it was about and then express something about how he felt, which the parents allowed him to express in person. If that is what happened (or something like it), I applaude the parents for teaching him to speak his mind, even when it is scary.

This won't make any differance to Bachmann, though. More than likely, she ranted to her staff about liberal hippie homos perverting their kids or something.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I mean its pretty obvious this kid is being used as a tool. Nobody ever pays attention to what kids say really unless its for comedy or to back something and then people go all 'out of the mouth of babes' That being said though I have no problem with same sex parents raising children. But what this kid has to say really doesnt matter because as kids most of us view our parents as godlike. I would say check back with him as a teen to get some negative statements and as an adult for a real picture.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I actually hate when I see kids at political events and protests.

This kid is being used to make a political point...that is why it was video taped and put on youtube. Using kids to push an agenda, any agenda, is disgusting to me.

Leave the kids out of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join