It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
When I use the mobile internet I get the main board - latest topics, they are outdated. Also, the images, can they not be displayed as a link? so we can have the choice to view the image through the link rather than having to go into full blown ats web?

thanks

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Without knowing the model phone you have, I'm not able to offer much help. However, there are settings in your phone, that allow you to do what you want. It may be called "do not display images", or something like that, but the older gen phones had that setting because of bandwidth issues. Boot the browser you use, then click the menu button, and look for settings.

Without any specifics, I can't be of further help. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by fatpastyhead

completely understand your frustrations.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yes the same problem persists with me. I have tried different mobiles Nokia 3500c, Samsung Corby, Android etc. I see outdated home page. Once I click the 'board' link, only then I see current threads.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by radkrish

The mobile site has been like this since it was last updated a year ago. that update had the mobile site down for nearly a month and the only noticable change was a frozen homepage.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
your phone is not the issue here, its the sites problem

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
just don't use the mobile version, i just go to the desktop verison on my phone

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

The home page for the mobile site has been outdated for a very long time. I changed the bookmark on my phone for the board page. It is at least current. I agree with you about being able to choose to view pics, but I think a new mobile site is in the works, so the current mobile site might be developmentaly dead.

OiO

EDIT for reference.... the page for the mobile recent posts is: m.abovetopsecret.com/m.php (if you try to go there on a desktop, chances are there will be a redirect to the main site.)
edit on 7-12-2011 by OneisOne because: reference

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by OneisOne

Thats exactly what I did. I even bookmarked the recent posts on the desktop version. If I want to see the pics and vids I can easily switch between the two.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I say # it...find a new site then...

Poor mobile won't work....quit using your mobile!

new topics

top topics

join