It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on job losses, ATMs, Automated Kiosks, The Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Obama has yet again used his old speech on why there are job losses in the US.

I remember his speech last year, in which he blamed ATMs and automated Kiosks at the airport for job losses, in his 'new' speech on 'the economy', Obama rehashes his old speech and adds the Internet as another reason so many are out of work.

news link

I find it above and beyond out of touch, this has got to be the most out of touch president in the history of the US, concerning why so many are out of work. Obama almost sees the out of work as underlings that matter not, as long as his pockets and bank accounts are full, as long as he can casually stroll onto the golf course the out of work don't seem to matter to him at all.

I would like to see Obama attend application/interview day at a McDonalds in one of the more run down cities in LA, or see him actually talk to the unemployed instead of ignore them, he seems to rely on myths as his excuses which shouldn't fly with anyone.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
He should replace military drones with paragliders to create jobs.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
People are out of work because there aren't enough jobs. Where did the jobs go, Asia mostly. Why, cheaper to pump out crap people buy and less restricting labor and manufacturing laws. Because of, law makers, congress, presidents, Obama.

edit on 6-12-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Obama has yet again used his old speech on why there are job losses in the US.

I remember his speech last year, in which he blamed ATMs and automated Kiosks at the airport for job losses, in his 'new' speech on 'the economy', Obama rehashes his old speech and adds the Internet as another reason so many are out of work.

I don't agree with him entirely, but there is some truth to this. Banks employ fewer tellers now that they have ATM's. Most people use ATM's and have little contact with a human in a bank. Automation eventually destroys jobs as it improves. In fact, if I automated everything one could automate at least 70% of the country would be out of work.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
That fact that machines can replace jobs that used to be done by people SHOULD result in: shorter hours for the average worker, more vacation time for the average worker, AND earlier retirement. Higher efficiency from technology should be incorporated into our economy in a way to make things better for EVERYONE. It's simple.

Only the simple minded see automation as the problem, when it the end it will be the ultimate solution.

It's just common sense.

Oh, and I am self employed online. I own a website teaching others to become self employed online. The internet is NOT a bad thing, all of this is so silly.
edit on 6-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
That fact that machines can replace jobs that used to be done by people SHOULD result in: shorter hours for the average worker, more vacation time for the average worker, AND earlier retirement. Higher efficiency from technology should be incorporated into our economy in a way to make things better for EVERYONE. It's simple.

Only the simple minded see automation as the problem, when it the end it will be the ultimate solution.

It's just common sense.

Oh, and I am self employed online. I own a website teaching others to become self employed online. The internet is NOT a bad thing, all of this is so silly.
edit on 6-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

I tend to agree that is has more positives than negatives but, the problem I see is that our government refuses to admit this is what is happening. Our society is going to look a lot different as this trend continues and the whole idea of "going to work" will become obsolete. Heck, this technology will even make car accidents a thing of a bygone era. There has to be serious discussions about how we deal with that new kind of economy. You can't let them starve. It won't work.
edit on 6-12-2011 by antonia because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
walmart/rona/home depot/grocery stores/ and all of the like are money hungry. All of these companies have self checkouts now. One person watching 4-8 tills. That's 3-7 jobs lost at each of these stores. I refuse to use these terminals at ANY time. Also if I can find my product at a smaller store without these terminals, then I use it.

So in one way the satanist Obama is right. Technology is taking away jobs. It really is only a matter of time until Technology takes them all. Not such a bad world to live in. It's just the steps to get there are going to be long and hard for everyone to make the transition.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Obama almost sees the out of work as underlings that matter not, as long as his pockets and bank accounts are full, as long as he can casually stroll onto the golf course the out of work don't seem to matter to him at all.

Not sure if the president should be denied all leisure-time or not until everyone is employed. I'm really not sure if that is in the job description or not. I know through the experience of having worked 24 hour shifts on/off at the fire department while active duty in the military (averaging 102 hour work weeks) and being deployed to warzones 44 months of my life that making your job or career your entire life for an extended period of time can invoke psychological side-effects. If we want to start pointing fingers at presidents with their personal down time, I seem to remember the last president (Republican George W. Bush) setting the all time record for vacation days by any president, ever. The Washington Post reported that Republican President George W. Bush spent 42% of his first 8 months in office on vacation. But, that is enough talk about the president who inherited a budget with a record level of surplus... Let's talk more about the president who inherited a record level of national debt, shall we?

Originally posted by Destituteone
Obubble lives in one.

Who or what is Obubble?

top topics

join