It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President runs the military + the military wants Ron Paul as President = Do you get it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nuttin4U

That may be true, but if you plan to go take up arms against the most powerful government in the world, you better dam well cover all your bases first.

I think all these things do matter, but even if they don't matter, we have to exhaust every peaceful avenue that exists, and we have to have stellar, iron-clad information that the Republic/Democracy is dead and the government is corrupt.

Unless your plan is to sit idly by and just live with it, in that case why are you even talking? If your plan is to actually try to make a change, then you have to start trying to make that change in every way possible, and leave last resorts for...... last.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The donations from the military come from individual members not from an official source. Check www.opensecrets.org... to see the breakdown.

Personally, I want RP because he will put an end to the endless wars and stop sacrificing our soldiers for world conquest and profits. I haven't talked with anyone in the military that said they were voting for anyone other than RP. It is pretty amazing how humble most people are and seem to understand things like human rights and the constitution. There are however a few that I like to refer to as the "glass parking lot" crowd that are pro-war, pro-torture, and anti intelligence but they are the minority. The goal of the military is to create peace. We don't want war, but I think that is something a lot of Americans tend to forget. He gives us hope in a world of sorrow, death, and destruction. I have yet to hear one of my colleagues say they are going to vote for Obama or any one of the other republican clown candidates. It seems like everyone loves RP and that is something I'm proud of.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Got news for you. From my research, no the President of the United States is nothing but a puppet and must answer to a higher source...................he's basically a PR guy. Source for article below; www2.ucsc.edu...

Who Rules America?, the book upon which this website is based, presents detailed original information on how power and politics operate in the United States. The first edition came out in 1967 and is ranked 12th on the list of 50 best sellers in sociology between 1950 and 1995. A second edition, Who Rules America Now?, arrived in 1983 and landed at #43 on the same list. Third and fourth editions followed in 1998 and 2002, and the fifth edition came out in 2006.

The sixth edition of WRA was published in 2010, and is available at Amazon.com (and other bookstores). This new edition has information on the rise of Barack Obama, his campaign finance supporters, and the nature of his administration. The last chapter focuses on the potential for serious challenges to class and corporate dominance. It does not have answers, but it raises the key questions and states the possibilities, noting that the strategies and tactics adopted by activists are an essential part of the power equation.

You'll find the following in this site: supplementary information and updates for readers of WRA; an overview of the American power structure at the national level and an in-depth look at power at the local level; a look at the wealth and income distribution in the U.S. and how this relates to power structures; an overview of the Four Networks theory of power, which provides the best general theory of power and social change within which to situate the class-domination theory I've developed specifically for the United States; commentaries on alternative theories of power; a special section on the Bohemian Club & Bohemian Grove, including pictures of the club in San Francisco and the encampment in the redwoods; suggestions for activists on what they can learn from social science research; links to Web sites and books about power and social change in the United States; and much more. You can use the menu on the left side of the page to navigate through the site.
Questions and Answers

Q: So, who does rule America?

A: The owners and managers of large income-producing properties; i.e., corporations, banks, and agri-businesses. But they have plenty of help from the managers and experts they hire. You can read the essential details of the argument in this summary of Who Rules America?, or look for the book itself at Amazon.com.

Q: Do the same people rule at the local level that rule at the federal level?

A: No, not quite. The local level is dominated by the land owners and businesses related to real estate that come together as growth coalitions, making cities into growth machines.

Q: Do they rule secretly from behind the scenes, as a conspiracy?

A: No, conspiracy theories are wrong, though it's true that some corporate leaders lie and steal, and that some government officials try to keep things secret (but usually fail).

Q: Then how do they rule?

A: That's a complicated story, but the short answer is through open and direct involvement in policy planning, through participation in political campaigns and elections, and through appointments to key decision-making positions in government.

Q: Are you saying that elections don't matter?

A: No, but they usually matter a lot less than they could, and a lot less in America than they do in other industrialized democracies. That's because of the nature of the electoral rules and the unique history of the South.

Q: Does social science research have anything useful to say about making progressive social change more effective?

A: Yes, it does, but few if any people pay much attention to that research.

Q: Is WhoRulesAmerica.net connected to the site called "Who Rules America?" on natvan.com?

A: No! That site (and many others with documents purporting to tell you "who rules America") is run by a white supremacist/neo-Nazi organization.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I didn't register or vote last election. After seeing what Obama did/tried to do I started getting more into politics. The more I read the more furious I became about things. The vote the other day that almost passed a law saying they can hold you for as long as they want even if you have a trial and are declared innocent was the tipping point. The Republicans want to violate the Constitution with no regard to the Bill of Right whats so ever and the Democrats intentionally let the economy crash, want to violate the Constitution and nationalize all Industry, forced health care and have spent this country broke for the next 3 generations. I registered, voted, and will be voting for Ron Paul for President.

I think you are going to see a huge influx of people like me, people who didn't vote last election and who do not participate in poles, have the motivation to come forward and vote for Ron Paul this election.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It would appear that this is just another thread that is providing Ron Paul with free advertising. Unless this thread has some sort of a point to it??

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Yeah, I agree.............kind of like someone who makes worthless, repetitive threads about old information with out using the search feature.

If you don't like it, don't waste our time with your worthless post. If you don't like Ron Paul then start a thread about who you do like ( just be sure to use the search to make sure someone hasn't already said the same thing you have]

Nothing funnier on here than seeing someone whining all asshurt because someone they do not like is getting attention instead of posting facts as to why he likes or why he does not like a candidate.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

I have not been fooled by nobody! When a lot of people were voting on fake change and voting in Clinton, GWB, and Obama I sat at home. None of them fooled me.

Same here, Ker! Voting for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. The only reason I went to the polls in 2008 was because there were other things I wanted to vote on. As far as president, however, I didn't vote for Obama or McCain. I wrote in Ron Paul's name, even though I knew it was an exercise in futility. It just made me feel better that I had actually voted for someone I would REALLY want to be president....and not some loser puppet.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Got news for you. From my research, no the President of the United States is nothing but a puppet and must answer to a higher source...................he's basically a PR guy. Source for article below; www2.ucsc.edu...

That's not really earth-shattering news here on ATS, you know.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Again this Ron Paul talks a big game but how will he perform come crunch time? Will he falter like so many before him or prove himself to the masses that he isn't lying?
At his worst, he cannot be as bad as the clown we have in the position now. We know how awful he is. I doubt any dems will run against him, so what republican or independent seems to be the best choice? We have a long history to examine in RP's case. It is a long and consistent history. If we are going to take a chance, this is the chance we should take. In this case, the devil you don't know(but we really do) is better than the clown in office now.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
It would appear that this is just another thread that is providing Ron Paul with free advertising. Unless this thread has some sort of a point to it??

Ron Paul advertisement?

I read the initial Title, and thread and understood the OP's point.

Despite Obama being the current President/ Commander in Chief, the Troops and Vets overwhelming contribute more so to Dr. Paul's Campaign then to Obama's Campaign.

What does this say?

I think it speaks volumes, and offers a very intriguing topic discussion: The Troops are not happy with with the President and despite constant Main Stream Propaganda that Dr. Paul is a fringe candidate that's nuts, prefer Dr. Paul.

If a majority of the Troops are sending in Campaign Contributions to the man then how can Dr. Paul be a fringe Candidate? Isn't the Military anything, but fringe?

More so, if the majority of the people (not Corporations) are contributing to Dr. Paul's Campaign as well, what does that say about what the Main Stream Media has been saying?

To reiterate the OP:

Do You get it?

I'm guessing any positive Dr. Paul topic will be labeled as an Advertisement as the weeks go on. I can't even imagine how many of these members probably report all Ron Paul threads for Spam. Seems like as time goes by, more and more of you are coming out of the wood work. Do these same members make money polling for Frank Luntz? Where were you all when ATS had their own Poll, where Dr. Paul won? Why weren't you calling Spam then?
edit on 7-12-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Do you have more to add to the discussion.

Evidently the OP was not aware of this fact.

I'm tired of the short, sarcastic, witty remarks allowed.

Yes that isn't earth shattering news, care to elaborate?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
it must suck to be a NEOCON NWO ZOMBIE republican..and see these pics

your media brainwashing aint working

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

signature:
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing

Nice signature and I believe RP is a good man, married over 50 years to same woman, has been consistent for 30 years in his views on the constitution and the need to cut spending and stop interfering with foreign affairs that do not concern us. His track record speaks for itself. Judge a man by his deeds not by his color, age, religion or what his political party does.

So unless you have proof he is a bad or evil man and post it you have nothing but your opinion while i have his voting record to back up my claims. Until then you could change your signature to:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that people do nothing to help good men who are trying to do something."

So if the system is rigged and their or no more good people in this world or good candidates who can change it and you have given up hope let us who still have hope have it and you can go wallow in your the world is already lost attitude by yourself.
edit on 7-12-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
....the president dont run the military, the military runs presidents, our country, our budget, and most of the uncivilized world, the master puppeteer at his best.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Nah, they're still "taking orders" from the current POTUS. It's just that they're supporting another guy who wants the job. If they were to say "I'm not going to do this, because "my" president is Ron Paul, then the S would H the F.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

I don't care what you are tired of. There is no need for me to elaborate because the information you seem to think is breaking news has been discussed here before. What makes you think the OP is unaware of it? Just because he supports a candidate that threatens to break the mold does not mean he believes Ron Paul would have any easy time trying to do so.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch

i'm in the navy, and i plan to vote for Dr. Ron Paul. Lets face it, president Obama was a bad choice, and the other candidates aren't much better. It's about time that R.P. get's his chance, I liked him as a libertarian, and i hope he is able to run as the republican candidate.

Obama was a bad choice, but Im convinced that he is still the better option over McCain. For example, wasnt McCain the one who co-authored that indefinite detention bill?

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Some numbers to consider -

Total # of Active Duty Military = 1,468,364 - Source "Infoplease"

Total of all dontations to Candidates = $220,005.00 - Source "RonPaulRonPaul"

Total average donation from all Active Military = $0.15 (all Candidates)

Total average donation from all Active Military = $0.08 (Ron Paul only)

Conclusion? As suspected Active Military participation in the election process via donations to Candidates is so small as to be almost meaningless. Clearly very few have made a donation of any kind if you consider that only a tiny number (as evidenced by the above numbers) have donated anything at all.

Does this show a meaningful trend?

To understand the significance or insignificance of these numbers, what is needed is the number of Active Military who made the donations.

Disclosure to avoid flames: I'm neither hot nor cold on Mr. Paul at the moment and I'm only pointing out the numbers to get to the heart of the meaning of the evidence presented by the OP. I like to know if it's more Spin or truly meaningful. Or in other words "Deny Ignorance".

From Ron Paul's answers on the Forum on Governor Huckabee's show recently, Ron Paul is not exactly going to do what his most aggressive supporters think he is going to do. He is proposing phasing out the elements of government he calls unconstitutional over a long period of time that would span multiple Presidents to accomplish and I think some believe he is talking about ending everything the day he takes office, which is of course absurd.

That in fact tilted me more towards him as it shows he is not as irrational as his previous statements lead me to believe. He does realize the pandemonium that would ensue were he to simply end all entitlements as if a President could do that anyway.

As I look at his old speeches where he was very clear and easy to understand and compare them to now where he seems unable to complete thoughts or speak in complete sentences, I can't help but wonder if age is catching up with him also, but that is for another discussion.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I did not reply with "breaking news" simply trying to inform.

You are not worth my time trying to converse with, your attitude is quite caustic and sarcastic.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

From Ron Paul's answers on the Forum on Governor Huckabee's show recently, Ron Paul is not exactly going to do what his most aggressive supporters think he is going to do. He is proposing phasing out the elements of government he calls unconstitutional over a long period of time that would span multiple Presidents to accomplish and I think some believe he is talking about ending everything the day he takes office, which is of course absurd.

That in fact tilted me more towards him as it shows he is not as irrational as his previous statements lead me to believe. He does realize the pandemonium that would ensue were he to simply end all entitlements as if a President could do that anyway.

That is what the majority of his supporters have been saying all along. Nobody expects him to walk in and give thousands of people pink slips, or send 1-way tickets to the troops to fly home the next day.

His detractors have taken his stances and exaggerated and misreported them. Ron Paul hasn't changed his stances, but he is finally getting the air time to explain what his followers have already understood all along.

I'm glad you got to hear it in his words, and I'm glad some of it got through.

This is the very reason his supporters have been so disappointed and angry with the disproportionate press and debate coverage. It makes it too easy for people to misrepresent Paul.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join