It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA says HCG weightloss products are illegal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is my "told you so" post to another member I got into to a bit of heat on. I know....very grown up of me. The original thread was titled nice and arrogantly as - Western Trained Doctors Don't Have A Clue About Weight-loss.

Previous thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Article from CNN: thechart.blogs.cnn.com...

Last week, the FDA, along with the Federal Trade Commission sent warning letters to seven companies manufacturing human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG, products labeled "homeopathic." The products in question are "hCG Diet Drops Weight Loss Formula," "hCG Diet Pellets Weight Loss Formula," "Alcohol Free hCG Weight Loss Formula,""HCG Fusion 30," "HCG Fusion 43," "Homeopathic Original HCG," Homeopathic HCG," "HCG Platinum X-30," "HCG Platinum X-14" "HCG Diet Homeopathic Drops," and "HCG Extra Weight Loss Homeopathic Drops."

According to the labels, these products should be taken with a "very low calorie diet." This is a very dangerous way to use the HCG supplement, according to the FDA.

“These HCG products marketed over-the-counter are unproven to help with weight loss and are potentially dangerous even if taken as directed,” said Ilisa Bernstein, acting director of the Office of Compliance in FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research. “And a very low-calorie diet should only be used under proper medical supervision.”

edit on Thu Dec 8 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I know this is old, but I was searching HCG posts and stumbled across this one. I did the HCG diet last summer and used homeopathic HCG. I did lose weight, but was starving and exhausted the entire time, but I did lose 15lbs. Then I started thinking about it some more and realized that homeopathic anything by it's very nature has only trace amounts of whatever they say it is. So homeopathic HCG only has trace amounts of the HCG, not enough to be active in your system and work anywhere near the way the pharmaceutical grade HCG does. Which means essentially you are starving yourself and I can see why they would say it is unsafe. I am on another round of HCG only this time I am using pharmaceutical grade injections. I am not hungry at all like I was while using the homeopathic stuff, I'm not exhausted and I am losing weight. Anywho.. just my opinion on the matter, even though a little bit late. LOL

new topics

join