It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Tavistock - Social Dreaming and the Third Reich

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I found an interesting little gem of information today while trying a search technique someone made a thread about here.

I used this search method on "Tavistock" and came across Social Dreaming: A form of enquiry of the Occupy Movement worldwide

Since the 9th of November regular Social Dreaming Events (SDEs) have been taking place at Tent City University, Finsbury Square, London, facilitated by the staff and colleagues of the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations.

For those who aren't familiar with Tavistock: check thread out:
TAVISTOCK - Best kept secret in America

also the mere mention of "Tavistock" on GLP gets an instaban which I created an account solely to test and found to be true.

This interests me because of the obscurity of Tavistock and some of the questionable dealing regarding them.
If you google maps: Tavistock Institute and hover over (A) for the description it wil read:

mind control · social science · club of rome · organisational behaviour · research and consultancy

30 Tabernacle Street, City of London EC2A 4UE
020 7417 0407
tavinstitute.org

The description oddly enough has changed from a previous description of:

"sir-john rawlings-reese - mind control - new world order - kept secret in america - please contact rachel"

which I posted about here in the below mentioned thread.

in that post I "found" who I thought was the "Rachel" being reffered to in the employee list and tried to contact her via e-mail. No response.

Ok now that most of the background information regarding Tavistock is out of the way we can get into what I find interesting.

The above linked Social Dreaming: A form of enquiry of the Occupy Movement worldwide mentions that Social Dreaming was conceived by Dr. Gordon Lawrence

W. Gordon Lawrence
Dr Gordon Lawrence is a managing partner of Social Dreaming Ltd, London, and is a visiting professor at the University of Northumberland, Newcastle, the New Bulgarian University, Sofia, and at La Sapienza, the University of Rome. Formerly, he held a visiting professorship at Cranfield University, Bedford. He is on the editorial board of Free Associations (UK), Freie Assoziation (Germany) and Organizational and Social Dynamics (UK). He is a a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Socio-Analysis and a Distinguished Member of the International Society for the Psychoanalytic Study of Organizations.

Here, Dr. Lawrence Interview regarding Social Dreaming

The whole inteview although bland is very interesting, but what I found most interesting in that interview is he credits part of his "Social Dreaming" idea to Charlotte Beradt and her book The Third Reich of Dreams

Reader Review

disturbing book about how the dreams of people in Germany right after the Nazis came to power foretold what would
happen...

The implication is the collective consciousness of people at the time was able to predict the third reich in their dreams and here they are utilizing these studies on the "Occupy" movements around the world using the protestors as "subjects" in their social experiment.

Now knowing this is how this whole "social dreaming" theory came about re-read the dreams they have been "collecting" around the world by occupy protestors...

Its VERY telling and very interesting.

Dreams:

1. A “lucid dream” about China taking over.

Associations are made to the death of philosophy and a totalitarian system telling one what to do and how to behave. The protest movement is going against this tendency of linear thinking and sees in the unconscious a good way forward.

and

3. He is in jail. The dreamer has not had dreams for ages and finds himself arrested for carrying a knife illegally. It was planted on him. While in jail, he slept 20 hours a day, and was woken up by the officers checking to see that he was alive. The officers wake him up and he dreams of being chased through a school.

This dream is followed by sarcastic references to the ‘American Dream’ – the nice house, nice car and the wife.

Association: to Libya and the resources and opportunities people had in Gaddafi’s time – social care, health, education, housing, economic support for children, etc. – all taken away by the American occupation.

Our general association: we are in an unsafe space where things can be planted (knifes and ideas). There is general lack of trust among TCU towards the facilitators – a general lack of space for thinking and associating – an interest in finding collective meaning through rationalization and day-to-day experiences.

The session is fragmented, with different conversations taking place at the same time. Towards the end of the session, there is an intense inquiry about us, our interest, financial sponsorship and mission of the Tavistock Institute. The session ends with a clear expression of distrust by one participant who wants to continue this exploration, and he is invited to follow it up in the next session.

Note: Here-and-now observations generate feelings that everything is occupied by everything else – no boundaries, no space for transition.

I found the most interesting

you can find more but it takes time to sift through them all.

I'm not entirely sure of the implications of all this but find it very interesting that the questionable Tavistock Institute is doing reasearch on Occpuy protesters regarding their dreams.

edit on 6-12-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Any mention of Tavistock earns a S+F because it needs coverage.

However I must admit I do find the social dreaming theory a bit ludicrous to an extent.

For example my dreams over the last 2 or 3 days.

1) I had ice cream with Ron Paul and Obama at the same time.

2) I went up in a spaceship with some really old folks and when we were coming back down they all got scared like we were going to die, and I was laughing like nah, I can't die it's not my time yet.

3) I was walking around inside a science-tourist type building that had active volcanoes inside of it.

4) I had a mini-helicopter that I could hold in my hand and it would allow me to fly around and escape these agent guys who were chasing me.

5) I merged with silver surfer and like 10 other powerful heroes and blasted the crap out of some weird villain type guy, although we almost died when he erupted into some ultra-powerful radioactive ooze type stuff (only survived when we merged with the other heroes into a super-being and then blasted it all away).

6) I was swimming in a pool with a dolphin for some reason. And also in the pool were old friends from my video-game past and they were their game avatars.

7) I had found some ultra-important scroll or parchment that had ancient writing on it and everyone gave me tons of treasure since I had it in my possession, in some weird Cathedral like church mixed with Muslim stuff, and some guy said I was blasphemous for wearing sandals or something absurd like that, but backed off after I showed him the ancient scroll. Oh and someone defaced the bottom of the scroll by writing some messy math problems on the bottom of it, but I decided not to cut the bottom off in case further defacing it would be detrimental to it's treasure gaining ability.

Those are all separate dreams by the way. I can't even remember the other ones that came along with those.
That's all in the past several days.

Make whatever you want from all of that, but I don't really see how it's indicative of any future events however.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I agree I don't "buy into" the social dreaming, however what concerns me is that apparently tavistock does and they are researching it through social unrest events such as occupy. The other part of that coin that makes it compelling is that the major interests/goals of tavistock involve social engeneering.

I'm not entirely sure of what is going on and or WHY but its worth keeping an eye on solely because tavistock is involved...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

It would be better looking at the dreams of protesters in Tunisia and Egypt, these were far more "epoch changing" events than the occupy movements. I doubt the average occupy protester dreams are any different to the average ATSer.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I doubt the average occupy protester dreams are any different to the average ATSer.

I doubt anyone's dreams are the same.

Seriously dreams are so bizarre and inexplicable, it would be miraculous that anyone's dreams were identical.

But then again, if they are all different, than they all share this quality of being different, thus making them the same. Silly paradoxes!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I doubt the average occupy protester dreams are any different to the average ATSer.

I doubt anyone's dreams are the same.

Seriously dreams are so bizarre and inexplicable, it would be miraculous that anyone's dreams were identical.

But then again, if they are all different, than they all share this quality of being different, thus making them the same. Silly paradoxes!

consistently inconsistent! Just like Pi...the pattern is there is no pattern.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

It would be better looking at the dreams of protesters in Tunisia and Egypt, these were far more "epoch changing" events than the occupy movements. I doubt the average occupy protester dreams are any different to the average ATSer.

I agree and I wouldn't be suprised if they are doing so. Tavistock has its fingers in all things social and psychological.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Sorry, I didn't visit it all your links, but how do they intend to get hold of the dreams, are Occupiers providing them with dream diaries or something. It all seems really weird, but as you say the whole Tavistock thing is a bit weird.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If we are telling wierd dream the get this one. I wake up from a dream where I am with the military and are for some reason boxed in by the police or something but I can only see 2 cars in the distance. For some reason we are gonna fire off an artillery piece where the payload/container is filled with a disease/contamination. But we are not firing it off to spread it but to get it passed the people that are holding ous trapped so that the people beyond can help ous get a cure for what is inside the payload/container.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

If we are telling wierd dream the get this one. I wake up from a dream where I am with the military and are for some reason boxed in by the police or something but I can only see 2 cars in the distance. For some reason we are gonna fire off an artillery piece where the payload/container is filled with a disease/contamination. But we are not firing it off to spread it but to get it passed the people that are holding ous trapped so that the people beyond can help ous get a cure for what is inside the payload/container.

Namaste

Hmm. That is pretty weird I agree.

Thank you for sharing that with me I think it's really cool.

Let Tavistock interpret our dreams! They will probably want to quit their jobs (we can hope!).

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Sorry, I didn't visit it all your links, but how do they intend to get hold of the dreams, are Occupiers providing them with dream diaries or something. It all seems really weird, but as you say the whole Tavistock thing is a bit weird.

It sounds like tavistock setup a tent and the protesters voluntarily submitted their dreams. The whole thing is odd because it doesn't make sense that such a prestigious institute would be doing what looks like very flimsy dream research.

Edit to add: I wouldnt be surprised if its a front to distract from their real purpose/research going on there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
lol I'll take a shot in the dark and think that you are DOM from occupy LSX. I agree completely and noticed that the twitter feed is legit posting links tavistock would regularily. This is written in such a way that I don't think someone could handle going through that much trouble to manufacture a story like this. I have for months mentioned tavistock involvement with their delphi techniques, and various forms of censorship on facebook. I have mentioned occupii.org as being their clone so they can better manage dissent and rather than having mods deal with the censorship issue perhaps make it transparent enough that nobody ever notices their posts go missing or that a gag of some sort is applied (such as posting that always requires moderation). There is a reason why occupy is responding in this way, the powers that be still think they can morph the steaming creamy pile of poo that is occupy into a real movement (because all it is currently is, is a bowel movement at best).

I think this is legit and it only reenforces the grave concerns I have over occupy because I know deep in my heart they are indoctrinated dupes playing us all into the hands of the 1%. The real revolution will have no fa-shill-itators. The real revolution will not even consider censorship of any sort an option (nor would coverups become the norm as occupy feels responsible for everyone that operates under it's banner, seeing as they couldn't be clear as to distance themselves from the actions of individuals or splinter factions). The real revolution will not make collectivism mandatory, nor shove an unethical system down the people's throats (by allowing people the flexibility to choose their own system, require it as a choice made once a critical mass for the movement is reached (not in some coffee shop with a handful of trained shills electing themselves as leaders per city). The real revolution won't make fun of truthers and will instead seek to find answers to all questions. The real revolution will have a clear message and a clear goal, I don't see any revolution repairing the rotten system, it must be destroyed and made anew, with a world constitution, that cherishes individuality and free will, and cherishes the FOUNDATIONS of life in that we are being denied the ability to survive on our own if we want (piece by piece), and what is left of ancient man's foundations:
The foundation that once gave birth has bits that are non-existent now and pieces which are crumbling away, and we have reached a time where if we do not heed warning of the point of no return we will have only 1 choice, do what the collective says or die. That's the sort of world the 1% want, with them right on top, all the while using occupy as a controlled revolution to bring about their goal of world domination. SICK SICK PEOPLE, TRAITORS TO HUMANITY. Can't wait to say goodbye to occupy and join something new that upholds what we learned should be solid values everybody can agree with (unless they are control freaks or parasites, they usually disagree with their victims/food being taken away).

new topics

top topics

join